Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
It was surprising to see that there is no thread for the game here, even with the low traffic this subforum gets, so I decided to rectify that.

I'm curious if any of FenCo games' fans are playing through the game atm or plan to, what class/race/mythic path they picked (or plan on picking), how they plan on dealing with the whole crusader theme (play into, play against, avoid, or something less obvious), and last but not least - what waifus and husbandos they lean towards.

Personally, I have just gotten the game, rolling with an amnesiac true neutral human Bloodrager (mixed blood for maximum inner confusion), just to see how far and which directions I can push him with everything going on in the course of the plot. Still on the fence about how much Deus Vult he wants in his life or which extra weird powers are the best fit. No obvious romance/best friend pick so far because everyone is very likeable. Though Seelah and Wenduag are definite runner-ups.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm playing a Lawful Good Aasimar Fighter (Dragonheir Scion). As you might guess from that, I'm split between Angel and Gold Dragon paths. The Queen is the obvious romance choice for me, though a certain fell ranger might change my mind...

Reactions: Burnerbro

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Yeah, the idea of a succubus companion intrigues me greately, based in no small part on the incredibly fond memories I have of Fall-from-Grace. Arueshalae's portrain being as gorgeous as it is also helps, heh.

Mostly I'm just glad that, from what I heard, no obvious romantically active companions will get snubbed and denied a route. I'm still quite buttmad at the devs for not giving us Linzi romance, tragic as it would have been in the end.

WitchesBrew

May 6, 2020
I'm playing a half-elf bloodrager with a reach weapon and a dragon bloodline, planning to go azata and go all in on a dragoon vibe complete with an eventual dragon mount. Going for the succubus romance, naturally.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I went down the demon path and seduced the priest, mostly to see how long he'd stick with me. Turns out that not only is he very romantic, I was able to corrupt him a little.

I'm basically playing discount Kasyrra just with no tits and better intentions.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
I went down the demon path and seduced the priest, mostly to see how long he'd stick with me. Turns out that not only is he very romantic, I was able to corrupt him a little.

I'm basically playing discount Kasyrra just with no tits and better intentions.
Sosiel is a very nice character and really helps tip the scale of evaluating romance options available to female and male player characters back into the favor of the latter, after Camilla really poops the party.

How did you find the roleplaying aspect provided for the demon path? On the surface, it seems like a very straightforward and brute force option, verring pretty close into Chaotic Stupid in some of its early associated options.

More importantly, though, can you still be nice to Ember when you are tearing shit up as a new demon Lord? Cause not being nice to her is a deal breaker in my book.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Sosiel is a very nice character and really helps tip the scale of evaluating romance options available to female and male player characters back into the favor of the latter, after Camilla really poops the party.

How did you find the roleplaying aspect provided for the demon path? On the surface, it seems like a very straightforward and brute force option, verring pretty close into Chaotic Stupid in some of its early associated options.

More importantly, though, can you still be nice to Ember when you are tearing shit up as a new demon Lord? Cause not being nice to her is a deal breaker in my book.

I rather liked the roleplaying option for all the paths... until the last few chapters. Any of the evil paths (meaning lich, demon and swarm) force you to kill your own army. I can understand swarm because at that point you're a one man genocide operation but lich can be lawful evil and demons can be chaotic neutral. There is just no reason to kill your own army and wreck your city, especially while you're in the middle of a big war. I hate this evil=stupid and self-destructive trend in games. Especially because Regill exists and he demonstrates that you can be evil as hell while still not being a complete moron.

The only good thing about this entire mess was that I found out that Sosiel really likes BDSM. He tried to break up after the story forced me to kill my men and I basically choked him and told him "No, you're not leaving me.". He then proceeded to all but hump my leg.

His confessions to Shelyn must be very interesting going forward.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
I'd definitely agree that the game forcing your hand in the way you have described is a pretty dumb decision on Owlcat's part, especially when contrasted with amount of wiggle room they allow you for defining your version of the alignments in so many other instances of roleplay.
The only good thing about this entire mess was that I found out that Sosiel really likes BDSM. He tried to break up after the story forced me to kill my men and I basically choked him and told him "No, you're not leaving me.". He then proceeded to all but hump my leg.
Interesting. Some of the spoilers I couldn't avoid regarding the evil mythic paths consisted of vague warnings about most if not all your companions inevitably leaving you in the process, including the non-shitty evil ones, like Regil or (arguably) Daeran. Though I guess that it makes more sense for Demon (and possible Devil) path(s) to be somewhat of an exception there, since they aren't as universally opposed to all forms of life and reviled by everyone.

Makes me wonder about the corruption potential when it comes to the other companions you can get particularly close with, especially Arueshalea. And if successfully corrupting some of them and forcing or convincing them to stay might lead to unlocking some kinky story beats on top of the dramatic ones, I will be seriously tempted...

The idea of raising Staughnton and Galfrey as Lich so you can force them to finally personally sort out all the costly messes they just keep creating sounds like a cathartic experience as well.

I'll probably still go Trickster first as an emotional bridge of sorts, and to try some cool Rogue builds I penned out. Plus the designated music track for it slaps so damn hard.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Makes me wonder about the corruption potential when it comes to the other companions you can get particularly close with, especially Arueshalea. And if successfully corrupting some of them and forcing or convincing them to stay might lead to unlocking some kinky story beats on top of the dramatic ones, I will be seriously tempted...

Some can be corrupted but unlike Sosiel those have really negative consequences. Sosiel has anger issues and really wants to kill the cultists that threaten everyone and killed his former team but his goddess commands him to spare those that surrender. The cultists actually taunt him about that to try and get him to abandon his faith. A good commander can help him control his anger while a demon commander can kill those guys for him, earning his gratitude and (more) attraction. Sosiel has kind of a fairytale view of both romance and life in general which clashes badly with reality.

Corrupting Arueshalae is actually a pretty bad idea because that means she turns back into a normal chaotic evil succubus... and she either betrays or leaves you in absolutely every possible case if you do that.

Certain people leaving is actually tied to the path you're on, not really your alignment. Camellia leaves if you become an Aeon because she's secretly a murderous sociopath and her spirit is a lie, which the Aeon will find out due to their crime and lie detecting abilities. She gets away from you as quickly as she can. Regill is harder to piss off because you have to be a Trickster and basically go full chaos to make him leave. Seelah leaves only if you go Lich. Wenduag leaves if you pick and over her and she betrays you if you recruit her in Chapter 3, you have to beat her in 3 and send her away if you want her an Lann. Lann can die if you pick Wenduag and don't convince her to spare him. Woljif leaves if he accepts the help of a certain demon in his questline.