Path To Ascension: A Bioware and CoC-inspired Adult RPG

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
HrwQMUb.png

Path to Ascension is an adult text game. In it, you will play as a recently deceased mortal on the path to claim a place among the gods themselves!
  • Choose who you were, and are, by selecting your background, name and appearance.
intro.jpg
  • Shape the story, the multiverse and yourself through your choices regarding what you do or say.
  • Your actions and background will inform what aspect of reality you rule over: be a god of dominance, lust, knowledge or many other options.
path.jpg
  • Meet and befriend, if you wish to, several companions from across the multiverse and battle alongside them!
  • Bed the denizens of the multiverse, from companions and enemies to passersby.
achievs.jpg
  • Build your own base, room by room.
building.jpg
  • Explore several universes, each with their own theme and gameplay style.
Planned Universes
You will explore several universes each with a different theme and gameplay to them.
  • Fight fantastical creatures and go on an adventure in the medieval fantasy-themed universe, with RPG elements.
  • Cruise the stars and manage a mega-corporation in the space-themed universe, with management sim gameplay elements.
  • Join a race to the west in the wild west themed universe, with Oregon Trail inspired gameplay.
  • Fill paperwork and despair about contemporary problems in the modern life themed universe, with dating sim style gameplay.
Features
  • Combat System
  • RPG Class System
  • Base Building System
  • Dialogue and Choices System
  • Affection and demeanor System; characters will remember the way you treat them, be it gentle, stoic, playful or impatient.
Fetishes
First keep in mind all sex will be optional. I want you to be able to play the way you want through and through. Won't force you into anything you are not interested in, or even anything at all.
  • Straight or queer; I am planning to have something for everyone here.
  • Mdom, fdom; Again something for everyone.
  • Light transformation.
  • Group sex.
  • Exhibitionism.
  • And more, this list will change as things naturally change and progress.

Public Build:​

Alright, so I couldn't do any work during the weekend, which meant this got delayed. I should also mention both companion don't have any skills, and the new enemy is using a placeholder vine because I didn't have enough time to bug test any of that, and those are the things that reaaally need that. So expect those things to come on later down the line.

Changelog:​

PtA 3.7 - Bersa's Quest and Two New Companions!

Content
  • Added Allurgard's last two companions. The gnoll hunter mercenary, Shadira, and Lijo, the shady elf. Lijo is the statue in that alcove right where you start Allurgard. While Shadira is in that Crevasse in front of the Orc Tribe. (Neither has any skills yet, didn't have time to add them. Also, the fight with Shadira has a placeholder Vine in their place.)
  • Added seven new events. Technically more, but counting the NPC and Companion things as events feels misleading, even though in the code it's the same thing. (Btw, did I mention we reached 100 events in the game in the last build?)
  • Added two new equipments relating to Bersa's quest, atop the four new equipments of the new companions.
  • Added two new events for Bersa. The first starts out her side quest, and the second is the silly little first step of it.
  • Added a new enemy event in the Beach area: the Mermaid. She comes with a sex scene and you will cum too... or something, god I hate myself for actually writing that. The mermaid as a combat enemy stills needs to be implemented, so for now she's using a placeholder vine.
Fixes
  • Revised "Daisy's first visit to Whitewood Village", "BersaII" event.
  • Minor changes and adjustments to Bersa events. Mostly changed wording choices and added tooltips for the concepts of Celtica and Odin.
  • Fixed Lyssa appearance possibly displaying Bersa's appearance at times.

Updates Since Last Public Build (3.62a):​

3.65 - Eldritch Revamp and Fixes:

Content
  • Revised the: Eldritch Visions, Eldritch Call, Eldritch Confrontation, the Eldritch Cave area, the Deep One Encounter, the Eldritch Tentacle encounter, the treasure events in the eldritch cave area, the Pit Challenge, the Plant Challenge.
  • Added a side image for the Eldritch Cave.
Fixes
  • Fixed the entire text in Lyssa's First event being in italic due to the angel's voice line not having a closing tag.
  • Fixed combat layout, appearing fucked up if the player is the first to move.
  • Also arranged so that the combat layout consistently appears as intended whenever combat begins, regardless of the situation.
  • Fixed typos and concordance mistakes in combat and items and other places.
  • Fixed and added some minor contextual text during the Eldritch god combat.
  • Fixed the loot events to not show 0 gold amount when none is received, and properly made them display commas when listing items.
  • Fixed the Choose Class event giving you the wrong weapons. The ids were switched around here, so if you had any of the starting used weapons in hand, they have changed for the correct ones.
  • Fixed the combat log in the combat screen, slowly increasing in size until it threw the options off-screen.
  • Changed the combat options to be fixed, so the layout doesn't keep changing up and down like before. Also, they are limited in height now, so the screen should scale better.
Download
Here on this post, Mega or on itch.io. Web version is available only on 'itch.io'.

Support the game (and find out more) at:
https://www.patreon.com/sharkbit

Last edited:

Zewolfy

Aug 21, 2017
So 3 things I noticed.
1) At least with the agility stat every time I put points into the it gets reset back to 1
2) When I went to level up for the first time I didn't know what each social stat did so I tried to hold off on putting points into it but for me unused points were lost.
3) I tried putting points into deception but the game made my persuasion go up instead

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
So 3 things I noticed.
1) At least with the agility stat every time I put points into the it gets reset back to 1
2) When I went to level up for the first time I didn't know what each social stat did so I tried to hold off on putting points into it but for me unused points were lost.
3) I tried putting points into deception but the game made my persuasion go up instead

Thanks for pointing those bugs out, I will have them fixed by the next update.
I realize now that I didn't really explain this anywhere, but the social stats are not doing anything yet. I was holding off on them until the first update.
As every character will have a reaction to what you say and your decisions, behaving however you want can be detrimental like irl. But that creates a conundrum to me. I want people to roleplay, but there is an optimal way of doing things. So, in come the social attributes. If you wish to avoid social fallout, but still roleplay in a certain way, the social attributes are your way out. If you appreciate that there are consequences for your actions, you frickin fricks, then they will also serve for other dialogue checks not related to that side of things.
Edit: formatting
Edit2: fixed some mistakes on the explanation.

Last edited:

Colourless

Aug 29, 2015
The appearance screen specifies that you start out human so I assume it'll be possible to transform into other species? How is that going to work and what sort of TF can we expect?

I tried fiddling around with the base building but didn't get it to work. Clicking "Confirm" after choosing a room doesn't do anything and the directional keys above that are always greyed out as well.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
The appearance screen specifies that you start out human so I assume it'll be possible to transform into other species? How is that going to work and what sort of TF can we expect?

I tried fiddling around with the base building but didn't get it to work. Clicking "Confirm" after choosing a room doesn't do anything and the directional keys above that are always greyed out as well.

Yes, you can change species in this build actually. Once you meet Daisy you unlock the Faun appearance settings (that isn't quite clear now, so I will later implement a message about that in-game). It figures you didn't find that out since it is an option available only when you build the Dressing Room. Inside the room there is an option to change your appearance in exchange for power. The screen to do so is very similar to the character creation but with more options. Unlike CoC though, there is no transformation scene.

I looked into your bug and it was my bad. In one of the bugfixes, I fiddled around with the buttons and forgot to put their functions back, oops sorry about that! I was going to roll an update (with new content) either today or tomorrow, so I will delay that fix to go along with the update.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
*Obligatory request for fetishes and pairings goes here*

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
*Obligatory request for fetishes and pairings goes here*
I know it's very broad, but I tried to go a bit more in depth with the new list there.

Also, the post in general has been updated since there's a new public build! It fixes the above states issues and adds the introductions to three new universes!

Zewolfy

Aug 21, 2017
Merry Christmas :D
just posting here that my info from the class and skills tab doesn't match up with the tab on the left that shows your characters stats here's a pic to show what I'm talking about. (I also fked up by saving changes before putting stats into social and I also get random points into will somehow.)

nani.png

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
Merry Christmas :D
just posting here that my info from the class and skills tab doesn't match up with the tab on the left that shows your characters stats here's a pic to show what I'm talking about. (I also fked up by saving changes before putting stats into social and I also get random points into will somehow.)

View attachment 11105
A late merry christmas from me! Haha.

First off, thanks for pointing out the bugs and providing a screenshot! It's an easy fix to make them match up, I guess I kinda forgot to put that there haha. The will problem and finishing level up without putting all the points, there is a message now and it cancels it if you just exit, has fixes already in the patreon build, which should go public at the end of the week.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
- Text needs to support italics in order to display thought-communications from your angel.
- Needs more spacing.
- Spelling and grammar across in game text and UI text.
- UI is a good start, but many elements are too large. Choice selection needs a scroll bar.
- No way to rest at base?
- Meeting others should influence the dialogue options of others. It sucks just running though dialogue options of characters without anything really mattering.
- Cheats would help while we test this extremely early version game.
- I like the setup and concept - the writing needs some work.
- I'd like to note that the common 4-5 options are not useful to the player if they don't have good reason to jump between them - it doesn't allow you to take characters on a case-by-case basis.
- Loading a save from the home base produced an error.
- Knowing where content starts and stops will be handy for testing purposes.
- Blocks of text have quotes that shouldn't. This is why spacing, grammar, and font styles are important.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
- Text needs to support italics in order to display thought-communications from your angel.
- Needs more spacing.
- Spelling and grammar across in game text and UI text.
- UI is a good start, but many elements are too large. Choice selection needs a scroll bar.
- No way to rest at base?
- Meeting others should influence the dialogue options of others. It sucks just running though dialogue options of characters without anything really mattering.
- Cheats would help while we test this extremely early version game.
- I like the setup and concept - the writing needs some work.
- I'd like to note that the common 4-5 options are not useful to the player if they don't have good reason to jump between them - it doesn't allow you to take characters on a case-by-case basis.
- Loading a save from the home base produced an error.
- Knowing where content starts and stops will be handy for testing purposes.
- Blocks of text have quotes that shouldn't. This is why spacing, grammar, and font styles are important.
  • Making Angel's dialogue standout more is definitely on my to-do list. Still haven't settled on whether to use italic or something else.
  • Spelling and grammar are always on the back of my mind, but it's hard to check after things have been implemented without people directly pointing them out or me seeing it.
  • Agreed there, I will be changing somethings on the future, but for now, it will do.
  • Didn't even think about that. Will implement it in the future.
  • That will happen, but there isn't much content yet for you to see the ramifications.
  • Will come at a later date, I have to prioritize other things first.
  • That's kinda of vague. More concrete examples would definitely help.
  • How so?
  • Fixed it, thanks for reporting it.
  • Implemented that in this latest update via the achievement tab.
  • Choosing how to display dialogue is more of a stylistic choice, so I don't see why they "shouldn't" have.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. And sorry about the late reply, I sort of slipped my mind.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
I am loath to post twice but I do think it's appropriate here to separate my response to feedback and this new update.

A new public version has come out and the post has been updated with its changelog! I'd be happy if you could check it out!

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Explore several universes, each with their own theme and gameplay style.

Hmmm will there be one with lots of latex/rubber/pvc focus? Maybe living latex dolls that try to lewd ya?

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
ver .31 Yellow world. Combat action options sometimes fail to load in Starving fairy encounter. It may be the Victory button. When this happens the game is frozen.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
Hmmm will there be one with lots of latex/rubber/pvc focus? Maybe living latex dolls that try to lewd ya?
I don't have nothing of the sort planned, no.

Also, the post has been updated with a new version. There has been A LOT of changes since the last public build. Check it out, everyone!

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
I don't have nothing of the sort planned, no.

Also, the post has been updated with a new version. There has been A LOT of changes since the last public build. Check it out, everyone!

Well theres an idea for one, I think it would be interesting, make it so they are immune to electric, and most physical attacks.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I've never really understood the fascination with creatures made out of latex. They're in a disproportionately large number of games and I have no idea why. Then again, I don't get the appeal of gimp suits either.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm glad to see you're still developing this. I'll check out the update asap. Is there any particular world that is the closest to being done?

Last edited:

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
Well theres an idea for one, I think it would be interesting, make it so they are immune to electric, and most physical attacks.
I will keep that in mind. And although the element resistance idea is pretty cool, I don't have plans of adding different types of damage. I feel like that would complicate things a bit too much. At least for now, I wish to keep things relatively simple.

I've never really understood the fascination with creatures made out of latex. They're in a disproportionately large number of games and I have no idea why. Then again, I don't get the appeal of gimp suits either.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm glad to see you're still developing this. I'll check out the update asap. Is there any particular world that is the closest to being done?
I am the same to be honest. Still, I am always curious to explore new things. I will keep developing as long as there are people to support me haha. Otherwise, I couldn't justify the time sink, despite really liking developing. Allugard, the medieval world with the yellow portal, is the one currently being worked on as is the wishes of my patrons and mine as well.

But I have even better news: there's a new public update out! The post has been updated with the new changelogs and screenshots as I focused on a visual update this month,

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
The save feature appears to be broken for the most part. Whether I make a new save from the current build, or go back to an old build, save the game, than attempt to load in the new build, it comes up with an error almost always. Not sure if there is something else I need to download to fix this or not.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
The save feature appears to be broken for the most part. Whether I make a new save from the current build, or go back to an old build, save the game, than attempt to load in the new build, it comes up with an error almost always. Not sure if there is something else I need to download to fix this or not.
You are using the latest build right? 0.6? Everything seems to be working on my end. Are you using what version (linux, windows, web)?

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
Was using the latest build. Not sure if there's some other programs I need to install to make it work properly. For all I know, it could be on my end.

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
Was using the latest build. Not sure if there's some other programs I need to install to make it work properly. For all I know, it could be on my end.
There's no other programs, really. I'm not sure what might be causing this since I couldn't replicate it, sorry.

However, I just put out a new update with a number of bug fixes! So, try that. But remember saves from different builds are not compatible.

Revonero

Apr 15, 2019
There is a browser version available on itch.io since the first release. Here's the link.

I have update the post, as I have just released versions 1.1 of the game
Thanks for responding :D
Due to recent bad events on the internet... You could say I have a tiny phobia of downloading things. So I more often than not try to find browser based games ^^;

Shark Bit Dev

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks for responding :D
Due to recent bad events on the internet... You could say I have a tiny phobia of downloading things. So I more often than not try to find browser based games ^^;
No worries, I totally get that. Hope you have fun, playing! (Or had if you already did, since I am responding so late hahaha)