Overcharge and Power Strike.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Are they really useful? Like, a 200% attack only has one chance to miss vs 2 with Second Attack/Shot, but how much is that really worth, especially since it take Energy? I feel like it'd be better to take the other perk choice to slightly help your weak weapon than actually use these.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Can't speak for Power Strike, but I find the stun chance from Overcharge to be pretty useful.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Power Strike scales up to 300% with Second Attack. I have no reference for this other than a lost front page post, but it's there.

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
Powerstrike is a debuff attack that applies Sunder. It should be used tactically. Just like throwing det charges at Milodans in a blizzard.

The same as taking lunge as a melee merc, it gives you a evasion bonus to all attacks. While you can take Take Cover even as a melee type, it doesn't do jack shit for you against melee damage types.

The real non choice is between Lunge (melee can now attack most flying enemies with low chance to apply stagger) versus picking Heavy Weapons or whatever that lets you ignore physique requirements as a... level ten.

It isn't on the wiki btw.
Power Strike - Grants the ability to perform a single melee attack for 200% normal damage.
Rending Attacks - Allows your Power Strike to apply Sunder (reducing armor by 50%) and your Rapid Fire to Stagger your opponents (reducing reflexes and aim).

Sundered- Defense is reduced by 50%!

Last edited:

Azrael9986

Jun 13, 2018
I find the sunder to be much better then the stagger from rapid fire. o-o stagger really just doesn't work on things you need it to and mostly works on things so weak why bother. where sunder makes things go from unkillable to decently good odds of beating depending on stats. o-o if you have max stats well it makes things go from easy to kill to a joke. rapid fire can be worse though in the grand scheme of things. o-o it gives two more shots... with low accuracy. so odds are you paid energy on high reflex foes to shoot them once. unless you purposely take high accuracy weapons and gear with max aim. then rapid fire works out a bit better. o-o then again why not just do that with melee. o-o then you have a high damage hit that gets over high defense with high damage then shatters said defense on all further hits. plus i have hit people repeatedly through blind in melee. where the same can't be said of ranged attacks. it all really depends on the situation and foes really. but i feel overall power strike and rending attacks works out much better then rapid fire. even on a gun build. halving armor then double shotting them to death is really easy.