Other Kaithrit/Ausar Subspecies?

sliim3bones

Jun 10, 2021
Just a thought, if there are Huskars, would there possibly be other Ausar subspecies that take after other dog breeds? Would it be the same for Kaithrits despite being an entirely different type of being together? Thought I'd ask bc it seems like a fun idea :vc

TheShepard256

Strictly speaking, huskars aren't a natural subspecies; they were created artificially via gene mods to allow the normally desert-dwelling ausar to live in perpetually cold environments. That said, what you proposed is a solid idea; humans have different ethnicities, so why can't other sapient species have variations, too? There are different variants of rahn, and Olympia mentions that she based her current colour palette off one that's native to Vendiko's south-eastern continent, so there's definitely precedent. Though I'd personally downgrade it from 'subspecies' to 'ethnicities', making the differences largely cosmetic and inherently meaningless.

sliim3bones

Jun 10, 2021
Strictly speaking, huskars aren't a natural subspecies; they were created artificially via gene mods to allow the normally desert-dwelling ausar to live in perpetually cold environments. That said, what you proposed is a solid idea; humans have different ethnicities, so why can't other sapient species have variations, too? There are different variants of rahn, and Olympia mentions that she based her current colour palette off one that's native to Vendiko's south-eastern continent, so there's definitely precedent. Though I'd personally downgrade it from 'subspecies' to 'ethnicities', making the differences largely cosmetic and inherently meaningless.
ahh true! I haven't read too much of the codex entries (purely bc i can't focus on large blocks of text that go on) but it would be cool to see this concept being explored, though I'm not sure if the writers might consider this in the lore :thonks: