Old Country V.2

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
Since the old thread got locked by people having an argument, I'm creating this new thread. So, the youkai that appear in Coc2 are social classes, not races. Could this be explained please?

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I wonder what role the Nekomata/Catfolks play in Old Country society? We already know the Kitsunes would be the noble and clergy, and the Tanukis could comprised of retainers to kitsune lieges, civil servants, lesser officials, craftsmen who enjoy patronage from nobles, and the like.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
I wonder what role the Nekomata/Catfolks play in Old Country society?

They are the rough equivalent of the 0.4% Korean-descended population whom the locals consider eternal malcontents and can be relied on to participate in the occasional peasant rebellion that happens every 2-3 centuries.

Reactions: Salomon

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
They are the rough equivalent of the 0.4% Korean-descended population whom the locals consider eternal malcontents and can be relied on to participate in the occasional peasant rebellion that happens every 2-3 centuries.
Now that you mention it, I remember that nekos were mentioned in the stories of Keros and in the information about Sharp Sickle, but I didn't imagine anything like that!