Offline download no longer works

AmelliaSD

Nov 12, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, as it is more of a general thing then just a bug. It seems to be affecting all SWF files I have. (TiTS and CoC. As well as mods for CoC).

It was working fine the other day, the games would play fine.

Issue is for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Tried them all. Normally I use Chrome and initally I had issues playing it there, but I eventually fixed it by enabling flash. (Which was a pain to find as most of the guides online were outdated and the shortcut no longer worked.).

The problem with it, is that whenever I try to run a SWF file the web browser thinks it is a download, says it is not safe, asks if I want to continue to run it and if I hit yes it tries to download it again. Leading to an endless loop of wanting to download, running and then wanting to download again.

As I mentioned, this issue is newish. It was the same issue I first had with Chrome till I reenabled flash. Firefox does the same thing. Internet Explorer just doesn't want to load the games at all anymore getting frozen.

I tried going into the web browsers and following the prompts in the FAQ for both Chrome and Firefox. Chrome I reenabled flash (Seems an update turned it off again.), and Firefox I followed the thread that is linked in the FAQ but the issue still persists of the cycle of infinite downloads.

It is getting annoying trying to figure out why the games suddenly stopped working when they were working for at least a month before. And were working up till a few days ago at most. (I think I last played 2 days ago, nothing has changed. No new programs, no changes to anything. Only thing I can think is WIndows updated when I was sleeping.)

Any and all help on this matter would be fantastic! Thank you all. Hope I can find a solution to this sooner then later.

Tyde

Nov 16, 2017
shoot buddy, i have the same exact problem only a few hours ago!! i made a new account just to help you out.. as far as i can tell, browsers have disabled .sfw files entirely on account of phasing out flash. why? i have no idea. what i did though, is downloaded a standalone .sfw file player. the exact version im using now i downloaded from here: http://www.swffileplayer.com/

unfortunately i completely was desperate enough to reinstall chrome prior to all this without saving a physical save file to my comp so now all my progress is gone entirely... i can only hope you haven't done that yet, lol..

anyways best of luck! cheers

braincoral

Jul 27, 2017
I've found just downloading the swf and opening is using the Adobe Flash Standalone player is the easiest way to get it to work. Most browsers have disabled flash entirely these days. You can get it here: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html. Click "Download the Flash Player projector". Then drag the downloaded swf onto the exe you downloaded from there.

If you have any saves from the browser I'm pretty sure you can get them moved over, but it'll require you to muck around in AppData a bit (if you're on Windows, not sure about other OS). To do it do "Windows Key + R" and enter this and press enter:
Code:
%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
Then there will be a folder that's named a random assortment of letters and numbers. Inside that folder will be a bunch of folders named after various websites. You'll want to find "fenoxo.com" and copy that folder, naming the new folder "localhost". Then you should be able to access your browser saves in the standalone Flash player version of the game. If you've been saving to a file (the .tits ones) then you can just open those in the standalone without worrying about any of that.

Last edited:

eelps

Nov 23, 2017
Is there a specific place i should put the localhost folder? I'm not able to access the saves.

eelps

Nov 23, 2017
You can use TitsEd to transfer saves.
How? there doesn't seem to be any option to convert from .sol to .tits. I can load all the .tits files I want but can't get any .sol files to work with the external flash player. I'll look into firefox

edit: looks like that firefox workaround worked for firefox 55 but doesn't seem to work anymore.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
You... you don't move the folders. Moving folders breaks things. TiTSEd has a "Backup" feature, unsure how exactly it works as I've never used it. I assume it works by making something similar to a .tits file which you then use the "Import" feature to load.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
How? there doesn't seem to be any option to convert from .sol to .tits. I can load all the .tits files I want but can't get any .sol files to work with the external flash player. I'll look into firefox

edit: looks like that firefox workaround worked for firefox 55 but doesn't seem to work anymore.
Load the save you want to transfer into TiTSEd, then save it to the slot you want to transfer it to. If the location you're trying to transfer to doesn't show up, make sure you've created a save there already.

For example, if I wanted to move a save from local chrome to local IE:
  1. Open TiTSEd
  2. click Open->LocalWithNet (Chrome) and select the save to move
  3. click Save As->Local (Standard) and select the slot to save to
  4. If Local (Standard) doesn't show up, open TiTS in IE and create a save so it allocates space for saves

Reactions: Freed85

eelps

Nov 23, 2017
Load the save you want to transfer into TiTSEd, then save it to the slot you want to transfer it to. If the location you're trying to transfer to doesn't show up, make sure you've created a save there already.

For example, if I wanted to move a save from local chrome to local IE:
  1. Open TiTSEd
  2. click Open->LocalWithNet (Chrome) and select the save to move
  3. click Save As->Local (Standard) and select the slot to save to
  4. If Local (Standard) doesn't show up, open TiTS in IE and create a save so it allocates space for saves
yep that worked, thanks