[CONCEPT COMPLETE] NPC TF Shop Concept

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
UPDATE: The concept doc for the shop is complete! I'll be able to work on finer details once I'm done with Dylan's dialogue.

CONCEPT HERE

I was bummed out the other day that there aren't any TFs that can give a human face a slightly animal appearance, and with how limited that is it's unlikely that an item would work for that (I doubt I can slip it into other people's TF items either).

Then earlier I think I figured out a solution: A "mod parlor" sort of shop that's like the Salon on Tavros except it does small facial (and maybe some specific skin) mods. I incidentally have a character in mind that I was also trying to figure out what to do with. His name is Dylan and he is a satyr-morph who runs a shop on Tavros that I have decided could be this mod parlor I have in mind.

I've already got a general idea for how I want Dylan to be, and for the shop itself, these are the basic ideas I have. I'm going to put them here for now to see what people think and if it's feasible before I go off trying to write everything.

1) Facial mods
- Has 3 types
a) Nose - alters your character's nose to create a slightly inhuman look; won't be available if you have a beak or muzzle
- options i have in mind are faun-like (basically what faun make-up creates the illusion of) feline (like a Na'vi's), canine (think wolfman), porcine (pig-like nose), reptilian (something like Voldemort's nose), and draconic (like a more humanoid dragon; not quite like reptilian)
-maybe have an option to restore your nose unless Terran Treat can cover this

b) Teeth - fangs, sharp (think sharks or dinosaurs), tusks

c) Horns - must have horns for this
- Can lengthen, shorten, and remove horns (you can choose how many to remove; I just though we should have a legitimate way to remove some but not all horns)

2) Partial skin/limb mod
- adds a flag to area applied
- Can choose to apply fur, feathers, or scales to limbs
- Maybe have "wrist cuff" be an option for fur?
- Can choose whether to have paws on the hands if applying fur to arms
- Can choose to have the area-specific fur removed (I noticed that Skin Clear and Terran Treats only get rid of full body fur but not, say, leg fur unless the legs themselves are reverted to human)

3) Masculinizing/Feminizing Facials (?)
- I liked the Salon in CoC for having this option. Currently I find it a bit annoying you have to use transformatives that could give you other changes that you don't want. It'd be nice if we can have an option just for altering masculinity/femininity levels.

3) Shop
- Sells Terran Treats, Rainbow Gaze, and Hornucopia

If people are interested in this idea and it's feasible to code in, then I can go right ahead and set up a document to start elaborating on things and writing descriptions/dialogue.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Outlining things in a doc. I'll post the WIP in Event Submissions once I have a draft for descriptions ready. In the mean time, I still welcome any input in here.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Could you include something for hair-to-tailtip manes? (In general the mane perk could use some love, with 6 unobtainable variants existing in code yet inaccessible. Also Fen would probably appreciate it if you draft changes for manes from perks into bodyparts.)
1334956768.crazy-husky_dragonfaustv3.png
I do like the idea of a NPC that has all the fine-tuning transformatives (and then some) in one spot. I do recommend tho that you look through appearance.as if you haven't already.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Could you include something for hair-to-tailtip manes? (In general the mane perk could use some love, with 6 unobtainable variants existing in code yet inaccessible. Also Fen would probably appreciate it if you draft changes for manes from perks into bodyparts.)
1334956768.crazy-husky_dragonfaustv3.png
I do like the idea of a NPC that has all the fine-tuning transformatives (and then some) in one spot. I do recommend tho that you look through appearance.as if you haven't already.

Good one! I could put that under the "furring" options. And yep! I've been checking through that to see what's an existing option etc.

I'm also working out what things can be grouped together and not be one-off things.

I am considering whether to include a tongue option or not for this reason. Hmmmm, maybe using the tongue flags could work here?

I'm thinking maybe I could mess with any body part that has flags on it.

On the "draft changes for manes from perks to bodyparts" thing, could you please clarify on what you mean by that exactly? I think I know but I'm not 100% sure.

In any case, I've finished laying out the basic service things in the doc for the most part. Slowly working through shop and character descriptions. Might get started on the TF descriptions as well once I'm fully settled. Maybe I'll post the doc in here for finetuning feedback?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
On the "draft changes for manes from perks to bodyparts" thing, could you please clarify on what you mean by that exactly? I think I know but I'm not 100% sure.
This is more of a coding issue than an actual writing issue, but regal mane is implemented as a perk instaid of a body part. On one hand, this avoids the headache of creating a new body part in code. On the other hand, it irritates the great Fenlord.

Edit: Also, Hugs wrote a tongue transformative ages ago. Maybe you could have that sold in your shop if it gets in.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Peaking of Regal Mane!

OK after a few hours of trying values in TiTsed I found all 8 while only 2 are in the game the values you need to put in are.
18=Plant Mane
19=Slime Mane
20=Fur Mane
21=Scales Mane
34=Chitin Mane
35=Feathered Mane
37=Goo Mane
38=Spiked Mane
if(target.hasPerk("Regal Mane"))
{
output2(" Above your shoulders and around your neck grows a");
switch(target.perkv1("Regal Mane"))
{
case GLOBAL.FLAG_FURRED: output2(" mane of fluffy, " + target.furColor + " fur"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_SCALED: output2(" retractable frill covered in " + target.scaleColor + " scales"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_CHITINOUS: output2(" collar of spiky, " + target.chitinColor() + " chitin"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_GOOEY: output2(" flexible shell of smooth, " + target.skinTone + " goo"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_FEATHERED: output2(" mane of poofy, " + target.furColor + " feathers"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_SPIKED: output2(" collar of sinister-looking spikes"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_TENDRIL: output2(" wreath of plant-like vines"); break;
case GLOBAL.FLAG_AMORPHOUS: output2("n amorphous brace of translucent slime"); break;
default: output2(" magnificent mane"); break;
}
output2(", making you appear quite royal.");
}
Keep in mind only 20 and 35 can be obtained using TF's. So if you want dangerous spike or A vine collar then here you go.
If they have been added what do I set the value of the perk at to change it to them I know 0 is none 20 is fur and 35 is feathered EDIT: I forgot that I found scales at 21 by accident. The main ones I am looking for is chitin or goo. SECOND EDIT: I know from the public source code that there are currently 8 description for the perk but I have no idea if they are able to be called or what value calls them.
Also I hate when I end up on a thread creation binge, it makes me feel like a ass.
This stuff has been in the code for who knows how long. would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Reactions: Shiranui

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
This is more of a coding issue than an actual writing issue, but regal mane is implemented as a perk instaid of a body part. On one hand, this avoids the headache of creating a new body part in code. On the other hand, it irritates the great Fenlord.

Edit: Also, Hugs wrote a tongue transformative ages ago. Maybe you could have that sold in your shop if it gets in.

I feel like making flags for the body would be a good solution, but I also know jack squat how the coding works. Depending how that goes, I'm not sure what I can do since I'd need to find time to study how the code works a bit to figure something out. And even then, not sure I'm the best person anyway since any coding ability I have is the result of me bruteforcing and/or trial and error-ing things.

I can already think of a few flags besides the mane that could work as flags. Chest fluff, chest hair, chest feathers (why the heck not?), spines, ridges, luminescence.

Heck, we could probably implement the Regal Mane values in as flags so that adds more to the list.

I'm already thinking of seeing if I could have fur cuffs be a special flag on the arms.

Also, I would love to see that tongue transformative be implemented (even if I'm staring in confusion at the "sentient tongue", lol) so I may keep any tongue service limited to length adjustment and splitting the end.

P.S. I've officially settled on "Urban Fantasies" as the name for the shop. Now I'm working on Dylan's exact appearance (was going for just standard satyr look but now I'm deciding if i should get a bit fancier with how I envision the shop looking) and personality to ideally match what I have in mind for the feel of the place. And of course, I'm picking out the TF descriptions bit by bit.

I'll put the doc up once I have more of a draft ready.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Just popping in to say I'm still picking at this. Slowly, but surely. Just have a lot of things in life to worry at first and then a lot of exhaustion, but I am NOT giving up on this and pretty determined to make this happen however long that takes.

That said, I've decided it might be more efficient if I start messing with basic TF descriptions before I touch the NPC dialogue and such. I'm debating whether or not I want to put the doc is because on the one hand I want to show I've been doing something but on the other....I'm a little embarrassed because I feel like I haven't done much. But I guess if anyone wants to see it regardless, I can put it up.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
since its a facial mod shop i feel like it should also sell lip tease

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
since its a facial mod shop i feel like it should also sell lip tease

I had thought of that, but the reason I didn't include it is because I want to base the shop on Tavros so it's easier access and Ceria already sells that. So that's why I picked transformatives that aren't currently available on Tavros.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
It' has been a while now, how this lovely project going? I have in mind a few TF item that may be a nice addition for you shop, so I really looking forward to the final design.
Also, would you consider writing opening event for the shop? Tarvos already have a decent amount of shop at the start, so I think have a little unlock condition will not only make the place more remarkable, but also prevent the merchant deck from being too bloated.

Hello, yes, I am still alive. Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on it since the last post due to real life obligations (and stressors) but it's still something on my mind.

That said, I know Tavros is pretty crowded already, but I also want my shop to be as accessible as possible. I haven't thought of any special events but I'm definitely open to ideas if you have any. Maybe I could make it more a residential deck shop like Illaria's? Doesn't quite fit there with what I have in mind though at the moment. But still down for more brainstorming, especially since I'm a bit brain dead lately.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I afraid you has misinterpreted my comment. I didn't mean the shop shouldn't be in the merchant deck, it needn't be there at the very beginning. With the amount of service your shop has to offer, being unlocked as the journey progress will fit it status better. My suggest is that this shop will available after the player obtained the first probe, when the player has enough money to start shopping while at that time many vendor has started updating their selling inventory. It still a very early state of the game, so it accessibility will not be reduced.

About the opening event, i didn't mean anything too special. A recommend email from a fashion lover, overheard an compliment of a satisfied customer( this can be a fellow planet rusher at any hangar), even a direct encounter with the shop owner while he unload a few last packages at the hangar or after he has finish greeting his neighbor. This is a nice chance for you to show how would other see him without messing with other NPC dialog, as well as giving some insight about his character and prevent yourself from writing too complicate talk dialog.

Sorry for the late reply. Been away for ages due to life. Anyways, I think these are definitely good ideas. Having the shop be something to unlock would add more things to do to the game, and of course make getting it more rewardiing.

I also like your opening event idea. I think I can come up with a good random event that leads Steele over to the shop.

Anyways, I'm back for the time being and while I still can't guarantee finishing this quickly, I at least am less writers blocked now and hopefully I should be able to make some decent progress.

Reactions: ThasV

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I think I can come up with a good random event that leads Steele over to the shop.
You could try an e-mail about an 'opening Sale', perhaps the square could be visible from the start, but the adjacent square has a 'Coming Soon' sign description. The player gets swept up in a crowd to visit the opening store (or just notices a large number of people headed in a certain direction).

You could also sell Pickmentation and/or Pleasure Palette Permapaint (Currently only Dr. Lessau on Uveto), and maybe Bumpy Road and/or Turtleneck (Currently only from Gene on Myrellion).

Eyes would also fit your theme (Feline, Fox, Snake, Frog etc. looking at the wiki, I'm surprised Goat isn't a thing), but I understand feature creep is not to be taken lightly.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
You could try an e-mail about an 'opening Sale', perhaps the square could be visible from the start, but the adjacent square has a 'Coming Soon' sign description. The player gets swept up in a crowd to visit the opening store (or just notices a large number of people headed in a certain direction).

You could also sell Pickmentation and/or Pleasure Palette Permapaint (Currently only Dr. Lessau), and maybe Bumpy Road and/or Turtleneck (Currently only from Gene)

Eyes would also fit your theme (Feline, Fox, Snake, Frog etc. looking at the wiki, I'm surprised Goat isn't a thing), but I understand feature creep is not to be taken lightly.

Email is a good idea. And yeah, I've actually thought of some other ideas I didn't initially propose, with eyes being one of them. The sale items are also good suggestions.

I also thought of an idea for adding/altering tail genitalia. I'm not sure if it'd be gamebreaking to have a non-parasitic option, but at the very least I'd like it to be possible to have more customized genitails. Right now, the only options are demonic and fox and you have to get the cockvine or cuntsnake first, iirc. Heck, it should be possible to change the cock/cunt type.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Heck, the Key Items page has a Coupon filter, and there's, what, that Estrobloom e-mail?

Animal or otherwise unusual eyes are such a classic 'there's something weird about this person' trope. Well, that, or this person is a Mary Sue/Marty Stu...

You'd probably want to throw in Circumscriber, as well (also Gene). I forgot about it.

Technically, after using Foxfire or Frostfire, they are no longer parasites, according to the Medical Codex screen (at least the cock vine is, the cunt snake currently reverts after awhile to being a parasite, but I've reported that as a bug). You're right, we probably should be able to change the tail genitals to the usual suspects. I mean, really, no horse cock option*? The writers have gotten lazy. Lazy, I say!

*In the interest of pointless pedantry, there is a horse-cockish (and 'cut' Human, Canine, Ribbed) when first caught, but no option when integrated. You'd think the Dong Designer could do Tail-Cocks at least. There's also a limited number of scenes for them (4 that I know of, and 2 require an actual cock vine.)

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Finished outlining the TFs for now. I'm considering creating a new topic altogether but I'm not sure if I can post in Submissions as a WIP yet.

Here's the doc in any case: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zrzhcu4OaIhO0ZbbOTvSnh9fehCdPxrDbClHpWUHhBs/edit?usp=sharing

I know Fen isn't taking new character submissions at the moment but I'm going to still work on Dylan anyway just so when submissions re-open, the shop will be fully ready. I don't have any complicated ideas anyway.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Good to see you're in a spot to make progress.

Throwing out some (relevant?) thoughts:

At the moment, the possible Tail genitalia are:
Cunt-Snake: Human, Canine, Equine, Goo
Vulpine (Foxfire), Feline (Catnip). Demonic does not seem to exists as a vagina type.

Cock-Vine
Human, Canine, Equine, Cockvine, Cockvine (Ribbed)
Vulpine (Foxfire), Feline (Catnip), Demonic (Lucifer)

Cunt-Snakes and Cock-Vines are immune to most transformatives until after the Parasitic property is removed via Foxfire or Catnip. Do you want to keep that property? Transformation via Lucifer doesn't seem to remove the Parasitic flag. Most of the scenes involving tail genitalia are written with the idea they are or were a separate entity.

You might want to have an alternate description if the player hasn't been to Dark Chrysalis/met Sera yet.

I don't know if Cute Little Fangs (Warning: TVTropes will ruin you life...) is worth having as a separate option (i.e. one or two small fangs that always poke out, could be a variant of Sabertooth), but it did come to mind.

Given that Dylan is a Satyr-morph, I'm surprised Deer isn't a tail type on offer.

Feature Creep Ideas:
Frontal Blotch is available only from Shark Bites (rarely, and only in certain colors), and I don't know if there's anything to remove it. If you're not interested, I'm considering petitioning to have it folded into Pickmentation. The other option I can think of is Shear Beauty, but I don't know if it's eligible for an expansion.

Y'know, I think the game supports locking body parts from being changed by Transformatives. Maybe you could have Dylan (un)lock parts for a fee to make managing Transformatives easier/require less save-scumming. Or maybe that's not feasible for reasons I'm not aware of.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Good to see you're in a spot to make progress.

Throwing out some (relevant?) thoughts:

At the moment, the possible Tail genitalia are:
Cunt-Snake: Human, Canine, Equine, Goo
Vulpine (Foxfire), Feline (Catnip). Demonic does not seem to exists as a vagina type.

Whoops, I meant to say "demonic" as in making the tail demonic with a cunt. X'D

Thanks for the list though!

Cock-Vine
Human, Canine, Equine, Cockvine, Cockvine (Ribbed)
Vulpine (Foxfire), Feline (Catnip), Demonic (Lucifer)

Cunt-Snakes and Cock-Vines are immune to most transformatives until after the Parasitic property is removed via Foxfire or Catnip. Do you want to keep that property? Transformation via Lucifer doesn't seem to remove the Parasitic flag. Most of the scenes involving tail genitalia are written with the idea they are or were a separate entity.[/i]

SInce there's a transformative tf that allows non-parasitic tailcocks to be made that is also approved, I'm debating how to handle parasitic ones (I had originally been planning on having Dylan be able to make tailcocks himself at a high price, but with that item approved, it's kinda moot; just gonna ask if I can include it in his shop whenever it's out).

Oddly, even when I save edit out the Parasitic flag, the tail still acts like its own entity (and regarded as a parasite), so I dunno how much a different that makes.

I might make Dylan adding cunt tails an option though since cunt growth TFs exist already but don't affect tails. Explanation being he was beaten to the punch on tail cocks, but he's managed to secure a patent on cunt tails.

You might want to have an alternate description if the player hasn't been to Dark Chrysalis/met Sera yet.

Yeah, good plan. Didn't think about that.

I don't know if Cute Little Fangs (Warning: TVTropes will ruin you life...) is worth having as a separate option (i.e. one or two small fangs that always poke out, could be a variant of Sabertooth), but it did come to mind.

Good idea!

Given that Dylan is a Satyr-morph, I'm surprised Deer isn't a tail type on offer.

Nah, I'm just a dumbass who forgot to list it and almost listed goat before remembering there isn't a goat tail XD. Thanks for reminding me!

Feature Creep Ideas:
Frontal Blotch is available only from Shark Bites (rarely, and only in certain colors), and I don't know if there's anything to remove it. If you're not interested, I'm considering petitioning to have it folded into Pickmentation. The other option I can think of is Shear Beauty, but I don't know if it's eligible for an expansion.

I think it's better a Pickmentation thing, along with a few other things *-stares at how many Vanae marking colors are missing-*.

Y'know, I think the game supports locking body parts from being changed by Transformatives. Maybe you could have Dylan (un)lock parts for a fee to make managing Transformatives easier/require less save-scumming. Or maybe that's not feasible for reasons I'm not aware of.

You've read my mind on locking parts but I didn't know it was in TiTS too! I had been thinking of doing something similar to CoC2's Alchemy system except you only need to bring Dylan the tf item and say which part you want to limit the changes to. If the system is in place, that will save me a HUGE amount of trouble (coding is not my forte atm).

In which case, I might make the mane option something like that except it goes in the mane menu if you don't have the mane perks.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Alright, finished writing Dylan's Talk dialogue. I'm going to split the concept and shop docs up and then move over to Submissions as a WIP later. Down to the TFs themselves and any special lines related.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Oddly, even when I save edit out the Parasitic flag, the tail still acts like its own entity (and regarded as a parasite), so I dunno how much a different that makes.
When you save-edited out the Parasite flag (I assume you used the Tail Genital Type drop-down menu to change to cock), did you leave the Tail Type as Cockvine? Cockvine type tails always appear in the Medical tab as a parasite.

Tail vaginas always count as Cunt Snakes in the Medical Tab, but non-parasite, non-Cunt Snakes don't track days since last fed. It's there to track tail pregnancy/egg production.

That's another thing to consider. How does the egg-laying mechanic fit in with artificial vagina tails? Both Cunt Snakes and non-parasitic vagina tails have a chance to produce an egg after ingesting semen. For Cunt Snakes it's a flat percentage chance that is unaffected by the host's Fertility (and Sterilex doesn't work). Non-parasites are affected by the host's Feritlity (so Sterilex will work).

Interestingly, the Codex states it is illegal for Cockvines to be moved from Myrellion (not that it stops Captain Steele), but the Cunt Snake entry does not seem to list any such restrictions, although it is considered a vey invasive species.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
When you save-edited out the Parasite flag (I assume you used the Tail Genital Type drop-down menu to change to cock), did you leave the Tail Type as Cockvine? Cockvine type tails always appear in the Medical tab as a parasite.

Tail vaginas always count as Cunt Snakes in the Medical Tab, but non-parasite, non-Cunt Snakes don't track days since last fed. It's there to track tail pregnancy/egg production.

That's another thing to consider. How does the egg-laying mechanic fit in with artificial vagina tails? Both Cunt Snakes and non-parasitic vagina tails have a chance to produce an egg after ingesting semen. For Cunt Snakes it's a flat percentage chance that is unaffected by the host's Fertility (and Sterilex doesn't work). Non-parasites are affected by the host's Feritlity (so Sterilex will work).

Interestingly, the Codex states it is illegal for Cockvines to be moved from Myrellion (not that it stops Captain Steele), but the Cunt Snake entry does not seem to list any such restrictions, although it is considered a vey invasive species.

My tail is a bovine tail, and as a matter of fact, I save-edited the tail cock on rather than go chasing a cockvine down because I didn't want a parasite. :p

And that's interesting on the Cunt Snakes always being Cunt Snakes even after being changed. I could work with that.

On the cockvines not being permitted to be taken off Myrellion, I think it's because they're native to that planet while that ship apparently sailed ages ago for Cunt Snakes. You'd think there'd be more restriction regardless though.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Are there options between specific types of fangs? Like, idk, snake and.... something else with fangs....

I also personally think there should be more defined snake and lizard tfs, instead of just generalized reptilian. But that's just me.

Sorry if I came off as rude or anything.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Lol, I'm sorry. I'm just a sucker for real in-depth customization and flavor text and stuff, so this is getting me real excited!

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Also, I think I might have figured out why my tail treated as parasitic despite me leaving off the parasitic flag. Might be because I save edited a demonic cock onto my bovine tail and demonic cock probably is treated as parasitic regardless since legitimately obtained demonic tail cocks stay parasitic.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Also, I think I might have figured out why my tail treated as parasitic despite me leaving off the parasitic flag. Might be because I save edited a demonic cock onto my bovine tail and demonic cock probably is treated as parasitic regardless since legitimately obtained demonic tail cocks stay parasitic.

Just made a separate save just to test what would happen with the parasitic flag legitimately removed in game via Frostfire. It's still treated as parasitic in relevant scenes so I guess it's just that the scenes only have that option, regardless if the tail is parasitic or not. In other words, nothing will change that short of non-parasitic variants being written.