Nostalgia?

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Just saw the 0.0.20 Patch Notes, and I had a blurry sense of nostalgia.
Does anybody remember the beginning development of the first CoC?
I personally started in the forums and playing games from Fen's sites when CoC only had just gotten a new scene for the added Goblins.
So I guess I started rather early in it's development?

As a question I was curious about, when did everyone else start playing games here?
Did you Start on CoC?
How about FoE?
(I consider it to be apart of the Fen family of games myself).
Maybe you started on TiTs?
Or maybe, just maybe you started with that one game Fen "worked on/helped work on" before CoC?
It was such a long time ago I hardly remember that one.
But I may have actually started there and "re-found" Fen-games via CoC.

Azrael9986

Jun 13, 2018
COC for me. its still my fav. i know its not the best on the dev side but it had the most character freedom and some of the stuff you found was really cool to stumble on the first few times you find it.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I started on CoC, the Tel'adre Tower release. Found it through the devblog for Slave Maker 3.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I actually don't remember when I found CoC but it was probably midway through its development or earlier, I think. I didn't show up on the forums until much, much later. I remember spending a lot of time looking for Equinum and then running into Kelt repeatedly before I ever got anywhere near doing mid/lategame stuff.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I remember I started playing CoC a little before Tel'adre was added. I think I'd played Nimin first, and found CoC through that.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I can't remember when I found CoC.... It was around when the swamps were added, I think? So fairly late, I believe. I played it for a while, then forgot about it... then remembered it, played for a while again, forgot about it... And so on, really. I remember TiTS being announced, and I *think* I tried it a little, but I was rather uninterested in it at the time.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Unnamed text adventure... I found it through Furaffinity while searching for flash games. I lurked like a mf for the longest before joining the community a bit after CoC was a thing.

I remember it had a lot of gay friendly content in the beginning, I pretty sure I got in pre-jojo but i'm not sure it was soooo long ago

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
Found TiTS a few years ago when doing a search for "Futa Games". I actually disliked TiTS at first, as I have never played a text-based game before (aside from Zork).

I even deleted it. However, after a while I felt like I was missing something. Decided to give it a second try, and good thing I did. It was the same story for CoC, funnily enough, although that took about three attempts to get into. Basically, I went from TiTS -> CoC -> FoE.

Lusty Lion

Sep 7, 2018
I found CoC when the sex factory was the last quest zone available. Didn't finish it until last year as I had never thought of a reasonable character to use in it. Then I heard in 2017 that it was officially done, in a way, so I played through it at least once to get it off the bucket list.