Northern Minotaurs not minotaurs?

hell lover

Sep 28, 2016
After tf'ing into a northern minotaur, i wanted to check if Brint or the other Minotaurs would see the PC as a minotaur/cowgirl but it seems not.

Is that something that wasn't considered or was it planned?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
After tf'ing into a northern minotaur, i wanted to check if Brint or the other Minotaurs would see the PC as a minotaur/cowgirl but it seems not.

Is that something that wasn't considered or was it planned?
There is very, very little reaction to specific racial appearances in the game nor is there meant to be -- and especially not for a race that isn't a starting race or a Soulbound race (ie Kitsune).

hell lover

Sep 28, 2016
He does notice regular minotaurs and cowgirls though, who aren't a starting race

I thought certain races shared tags but I guess I could be wrong about that

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Northern and southern minos have opposite sexual dimorphism so while you're a minotaur, you're not the kind he's most familiar with. But mainly it's because having NPCs react to your appearance in that much detail would be such a massive pain in the ass that nobody is interested in doing it beyond starting races/soulbound and the occasional specific instance, and past examples have shown that content like that isn't going to be supported so even if it wasn't a huge time-sink there would be no real incentive to do it.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Do you mean that you took a bunch of Milk Candy and the game doesn't recognise you as a minotaur? Because if you take Milk Candy until it doesn't have an effect then you should still qualify for dialogue referring to you as a minotaur, as long as the appearance screen calls you a minotaur.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah staring is the obvious for why it's noticable due to the whole starter part, and soulbound makes sense because your never not being it and it's something considerable lore wise being a gods champion.