Non-Sexual Addition for Cameron

Bloom

Nov 9, 2017
So I’ve started drafting up some non-sexual scenes for Cameron since the emotional/psychological effects of the treatment backfire were something I was curious about but found weren’t really explored in the game. It seems like a sad situation he’s in, off to the side all lonely and tasked with a job (by a family member who knows him) he is physically incapable of completing independently. Maybe I’m reading too much into a simple “kill/capture X for me” quest, but I think it’s worth exploring.

Specifically, I’m thinking of a short scene where he’s kind of moody and distant, but doesn’t open up (hehe) followed by a scene where Steele has to go look for him in the fields because he decided that he wasn’t going to sit around helplessly anymore and then takes another crack at the job he’s been assigned. Steele rescues and comforts him, rescues and yells at him, or doesn’t go looking for him, and after some amount of time has passed, Cameron will be found back at his designated spot a little worse for wear, depending on character personality or player choice. Maybe end with him still having mixed feelings about the transformation into faux-cow, and he can still be an enthusiastic bottom while saddened he can’t do some of the things he had expected to be able to do at this point in his life.

Is this character-breaking? He seems sunny enough past the first encounter, but he’s kicking a fence post when he’s introduced, and subsequently mumbling to himself about the varmints before being approached. I haven’t found much in the codex or wiki about the faux-cow treatment backfire, either, so I’m kind of just assuming he’s going to be mad/depressed about it for a little while before acceptance since his childhood dreams of being a muscle-bound bull have been shattered. Big T says that “most folk turn out to like what the Treatment does to ‘em,” specifically mentioning Cameron and “what he thinks of bulls these days,” which suggests that Cameron’s penchant for getting pounded by bulls is a pretty recent development, so I assume he hasn’t had a really long time to get used to his situation.

Lore-wise, are there enough children in New Texas that I can write something about Cameron mentioning growing up with other people his age with the expectation that all of them would be getting the treatment and turning out to be muscle-bound bulls/busty cows? Are faux-cows/cowmazons shunned at all? Why does Cameron’s dad task him with clearing a varmint infestation when he obviously is unable to do it? Denial of his son’s limitations? That could feed into Cameron denying his own limitations and deciding to go out by himself again.

Questions for @Savin, maybe. Also permissions, since he's not my character.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Sure, go for it. I'd rather Cameron not end up being a particularly sad character, though. He's a bit grumpy when you meet him just cuz he's having a bad day at work, but he really is a sunshine kinda guy.

Lore-wise, are there enough children in New Texas that I can write something about Cameron mentioning growing up with other people his age with the expectation that all of them would be getting the treatment and turning out to be muscle-bound bulls/busty cows?

Absolutely. Maybe he grew up with Busky, since they both mention their NT childhoods.

Are faux-cows/cowmazons shunned at all?

No. They might have a little trouble fitting in, since they tend to be more... clear-headed than the bros/bimbos... but they're not discriminated against or anything.

Why does Cameron’s dad task him with clearing a varmint infestation when he obviously is unable to do it? Denial of his son’s limitations? That could feed into Cameron denying his own limitations and deciding to go out by himself again.

(Because I needed an excuse for a quest-giver and a faux-cow) His dad's probably trying to "toughen him up" or some macho bullshit like that.

Reactions: AsexualMonster

Bloom

Nov 9, 2017
I'll try to keep it hopeful. And somehow I missed Busky. Must've assumed his shop was the ice cream place or something; glad to find it :p

I've started on writing and formatting. I plan on getting a Google doc up for review...sometime. Thanks for the quick reply.