Nintendo Direct February 2022 and the existential horror that is Kirby.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021

With the new direct we got a bunch of ports of older gen and current gen games coming to switch. But once again nobody truly cares about those. It's all about that first party news baby and Nintendo didn't disappoint. At least I don't think so. Mario Strikers is making a comeback by basically making soccer a fighting game as it always should've been, Kirby is using post-apocalyptic set dressing as weapons against furries to save his mook frenemies, and Metroid Dread is adding an easy mode and a "Fuck you try doing a no damage run now scrub" mode.

Personally I am extremely hyped for the Three Houses spin-off/sequel/interquel/alternate timeline thing. I've been wanting a Fire Emblem Warriors sequel and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has made feel a hype I've not felt in a long time. And the best part? Warriors games biggest weakness is its biggest strength. The general gameplay is always the same and it works and I love it. And Koei Tecmo having made the maps and the three liked routes of Three Houses makes me optimistic it'll be a fun game at least. The trailer itself already has plenty of speculation and theory fodder. I do hope the whole cast is playable, even if they abuse making moveset clones. It'd work for this game and different stats and maybe skills for characters would still set them apart.