New update soft-locked my game

Blaasz

Apr 16, 2022
Heya fellas. In the new update, they "Fixed ship storage limits not being properly applied. (Gedan)" Unfortunately, this adjusted the inventory limits of my ship, making some parts way over the inventory limit.
1681475764815.png
1681475782290.png

Because of how the game works, you cannot exit the inventory screen while your own storage is over capacity, and you cannot exit it while the ship's inventory is over capacity. I have more items than I can fit into my inventory that are overfilling my ship, and as a result I cannot use my inventory at all and I cannot empty my ship's inventory, disallowing me from taking off and leaving the planet all together, soft-locking me to Dhaal. Can't even buy a new ship and start over.
Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? If so, I'd love to hear!
Thank you for your time.

Edit: Said "Uveto" when I meant to type "Dhaal".

Last edited:

TheShepard256

I think this might be a bug with Venus Pitcher Blooms specifically; I recently had a somewhat similar experience where going back and forth between inspecting different items not only reverted any inventory changes I had made, but somehow duplicated the Blooms enough that I couldn't Accept my changes. Like in the above screenshot, they all appeared in one stack but each individual Bloom still counted as a separate item. Cancelling still worked, however (and I think it reset the number of Blooms as well), and I got around the problem by taking as many Blooms out of storage as I could, dropping them from my inventory, and repeating until none remained. (I saved over that file afterwards, so please don't ask me to provide it.)

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? If so, I'd love to hear!
Use the Cheat Menu to teleport to Tavros and buy a bigger ship?
Wait until it's fixed? (I submitted this as a bug. Hopefully they start before Wednesday.)
I think this might be a bug with Venus Pitcher Blooms specifically; I recently had a somewhat similar experience where going back and forth between inspecting different items not only reverted any inventory changes I had made, but somehow duplicated the Blooms enough that I couldn't Accept my changes.
Items that don't stack in the Inventory appearing to stack in the Storage menu is normal.
I somehow got the Item Duplication once in this build, but I was testing with Laser Carbines.