New cybernetics idea(s)

Dr.Shakey

Dec 9, 2020
Obviously, with Cyberpunk releasing i've been thinking about bio-modding in general and I think I know what i'd like to contribute to the game I love so much.

Hardlight Arms

A second set of prismatic light arms projected from an emitter implanted at the based of the neck.

Meager boost to Physique (around +4 i think) at the expense of Intelligence and/or Reflexes.

Grants 1-2 additional unarmed strikes to close range melee, maybe a bonus for grapple/struggle (i'm not too familiar on the grapple mechanics).

-7% electric resistance.

Maybe have the ability to change the light color and effects.

Clearly I'm not too familiar with the how the game runs behind the scenes, and the numbers definitely need some adjusting, but i've been playing for years and I'd love the chance to contribute something to it. How does this sound?

Reactions: 4rm4ld0

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Nope. Keep in mind that there are parsers and regular text descriptions that rely on Steele having two arms.

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
Steele is not intended to ever have more than two arms for a variety of reasons. One in particular would be all the scenes that reference the captain's upper appendages. Those scenes always assume Steele will have a single pair of arms. A prehensile tail is not considered the same as an arm in those situations.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Why is that so?
Basically every scene in the game would have to be rewritten and recoded to accommodate Steele's extra arms.

TheFlexingH2O

Nov 23, 2020
What would be neat is to be able to make a Cybernectic Dragon. The idea of making light arms is neat, but since the game revolves around scenes when not a single scene has the character having only more then two arms regardless of how many legs you have it's not supported at the time.

Plus, you could make your arms in general light arms, but if you were to fight and got these sweet glowing arms as your main arm then your vulnerable to EMP attacks. What if you had a fight and then your arms turned off. You would be armless outright, not only that if you had light legs then you would be wiggling away without arms and legs. You would be in the enemies hands with nothing but your torso to fight them off, and probably your privates if you replaced it too.

The idea of it was nice though! If you can get an option where you can have Cybernetic arms and legs are a fine start to go with instead of the extra arms. My only concern is how do you get your organic arms back on?

Also have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

I wanted this comment to be a bit funny, if it's not then I apologies for the insult. Good Day! I hope it helped you! As the idea was nice.

Z-z

Jun 6, 2020
3719329-mantisblades.png

cybernetics that replace the melee slot and the ranged weapon slot

Reactions: HavocHive55