Name favorite weapons from games and IRL Edit: and vehicle.

Lone Wolf115

IRL and COD - AK-47 and Desert Eagle. IRL APC games like Battlefield Heavy Tanks and APC.
Halo Reach - DMR and Plasma Repeater. Falcon and the Tank.
Halo CE - Assault Rifle. Tank.
Halo 2 - Carbine Rifle and Battle Rifle. Tank.
Halo 3 - Carbine Rifle and Battle Rifle. Tank.
Halo 4 - DMR and Light Rifle. From Tank to Mantis.
Skyrim - Greatswords and Swords.
Fallout NV - Hunting Shotgun and Hunting Rifle.
Fallout 3 - Hunting Rifle.
Fallout 4 - Laser Rifle.
Resident Evil - Pistol and a Shotgun: for when motherfuckers get in my personal space. I've never found magnum ammo much so I rarely use em.
Battlefront 1 and 2 original AT-ST AT-AT the tank with the Laser cannon on top from the original and Starfighters.
TiTS - Ageis LMG, Tri-beam Laser Rifle, and Trick Bracer.
CoC - Beautiful Sword.
CoC2 - So far the Sanctified Gladius.
More but can't remember will edit them in.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
IRL: any long barrel 12 gauge. I suck at aiming with anything else but for some reason I can handle shotguns well. And any decent medium size combat knife I can comfortably hold in the rapier style for self defense. Using my thumb to guide and focus pressure works better for me than the usual hammer style. Reverse grip is cringe outside of specific situations.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: Silver weapons. It's light so doubling early game or with low speed units is easy, its durability is fine, it has good damage, and it uses smithing stones to repair and forge so it's among the cheapest to maintain.

Fallout 3: General's shock sword. It's just a buffed chinese sword but it's good.

Fallout New Vegas: Oh Baby. After all the melee perks are taken, it destroys everything it hits, especially with the wmx mod. The only reason you can't use it all the time is because deathclaws fucking suck.

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night: It's a tie between Blue Rose and Grand Izayoi. Grand Izayoi has more techniques but I just like Blue Rose's hit effects and design more. If they stop being cowards and make her playable, Dominique's light whip would be on here.

Any Resident Evil: A magnum. Because dead things should stay dead.

Devil May Cry: Rebellion's design is Iconic but the Demon Sword Dante has a better move set without needing sword master active.

Silent Hill series: The Iconic pipe. Apparently the unspeakable horrors are weak to circle strafing until late game. Thought in 1 the pick hammer is best for any non boss enemy. Just get the timing right and the heavy swing will deal massive damage and leave the enemy prone.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

IRL: any long barrel 12 gauge. I suck at aiming with anything else but for some reason I can handle shotguns well. And any decent medium size combat knife I can comfortably hold in the rapier style for self defense. Using my thumb to guide and focus pressure works better for me than the usual hammer style. Reverse grip is cringe outside of specific situations.

Fallout 3: General's shock sword. It's just a buffed chinese sword but it's good.

Fallout New Vegas: Oh Baby. After all the melee perks are taken, it destroys everything it hits, especially with the wmx mod. The only reason you can't use it all the time is because deathclaws fucking suck.

Any Resident Evil: A magnum. Because dead things should stay dead.
1 I like it but the AK-47 is a reliable Rifle and the Desert Eagle puts motherfuckers on the ground.
2 I choose the best reliable weapon in the game.
3 Deathclaws suck ass just get the biggest fucking gun and kill everyone of them damn Enclave made em.
4 True dat then pull out the shotgun to kill them if they get to close (get the fuck up off me.)

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
The Dart Gun is great for deathclaws. Despite the low damage once I can make one I usually prioritize getting it because crippling enemy limbs is a huge advantage. Especially against those speedy bastards.

Lone Wolf115

The Dart Gun is great for deathclaws. Despite the low damage once I can make one I usually prioritize getting it because crippling enemy limbs is a huge advantage. Especially against those speedy bastards.
Ahem your weapons of choice and favorites.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Fire Emblem Three Houses: Silver weapons. It's light so doubling early game or with low speed units is easy, its durability is fine, it has good damage, and it uses smithing stones to repair and forge so it's among the cheapest to maintain.
You mean you don't use the training sword+ for everyone?

Fallout:Any of the guns that use microfusion cells as ammo, you find plenty of them wherever you go.

Three houses:Usually stick to Steel grade and below, but occasionally throw in a killing weapon for the sweet high crit rate.

RE games:Usually pistols though I keep the magnum on hand just in case.

Monster hunter:I've only played Rise, but from my own playtime I favor the bow and gunlance, though I'm willing to learn just about every weapon.

Botw:Hehe remote bomb go boom. Otherwise one handed weapons most of the time until I get the master sword and finish trial dlc.

Alan wake:With how abundant ammo is, the pistol. Though the flare gun is fun for those cinematic moments.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
You mean you don't use the training sword+ for everyone?

Silver weapons are best, but unless I'm on maddening I could use exclusively broken weapons and still wreck everyone.

Botw:Hehe remote bomb go boom. Otherwise one handed weapons most of the time until I get the master sword and finish trial dlc.

The bomb and master sword are the only options. Everything else is made of tissue paper wired to C4. I think I'm in the minority disappointed with Botw. But I really don't like it.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
I can see where you're coming from. I'm too used to older Fe games to really use anything higher than steel weapons.

Botw wise yeah, weapons break so easily so why bother when Unga bunga sword just needs a ten min recharge and outpaces most one handers damage wise?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I can see where you're coming from. I'm too used to older Fe games to really use anything higher than steel weapons.

I've never actually played the older ones. Three Houses was my first. I didn't try awakening and Fate until last year. Awakening bored me. I tried gay fates, got near the end and lost interest. Three Houses is better in story and themes than those two.

Botw wise yeah, weapons break so easily so why bother when Unga bunga sword just needs a ten min recharge and outpaces most one handers damage wise?

Oh god I know. Botw felt like they were trying to make an rpg but had no clue how to do it. The durability mechanics, the unbalanced combat, and the lack of traditional progression make it a slog. I hope the sequel is more balanced and either lets us repair weapons or get rid of that system. Bomb still fun and go boom.

TheShepard256

Mass Effect 2: the M5 Phalanx, for its unique aiming mechanics and high damage. I find the changes it underwent in subsequent games make it underwhelming.
Mass Effect 3: the M7 Lancer is the best, especially when modded with two of Ultralight Materials, Extended Clip and Extended Barrel. High damage, low impact on power cooldowns and its downsides (long "reload" if clip is emptied and high recoil) are easily mitigated by firing it in bursts. I also like the N7 assault rifles and shotguns.
Mass Effect: Andromeda: the X5 Ghost is very well-balanced and suited to my preferred playstyle. Runners-up are the Equalizer and Zalkin.

Breath of the Wild: I'd have to agree with the Master Sword and Remote Bombs.

Horizon: Zero Dawn: I've mainly been using Tearblast and Hardpoint Arrows, with the only enemies I consistently have trouble beating (i.e. die to) being the Thunderjaw, Scorcher and Fireclaw. I should probably start using the elemental bombs to inflict status effects.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Halo franchise: Battle Rifle in all titles where it's present that I've played. In CE, I prefer the Magnum; in Reach, the DMR; in ODST, the Carbine.
COD Ghosts: MSBS.
COD AW: ARX 160.
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction: Toxic Swarmers.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Halo franchise: Battle Rifle in all titles where it's present that I've played. In CE, I prefer the Magnum; in Reach, the DMR; in ODST, the Carbine.

That's some grade-A heresy right there not including the Halo shotgun. I still remember going on a rampage in Reach's horde mode with it.

Adding to my list, the thumpgun from Saints Row 4. It has a dlc skin that makes it look like a heavy weapon that fires a big bullet. I love it. High damage, good rate of fire, and good accuracy make it a great weapon for any situation.

Keeping it spacey, I love the disintegrator from DESTROY ALL HUMANS. Especially the remake since ammo can be made from the environment. I do miss the original's version. Its tri-shot upgrade has 3 big blasts, but the remake's were small. Balancing be damned, I want to throw big hot balls at those men in really really dark brown.

Lone Wolf115

That's some grade-A heresy right there not including the Halo shotgun. I still remember going on a rampage in Reach's horde mode with it.

Adding to my list, the thumpgun from Saints Row 4. It has a dlc skin that makes it look like a heavy weapon that fires a big bullet. I love it. High damage, good rate of fire, and good accuracy make it a great weapon for any situation.

Keeping it spacey, I love the disintegrator from DESTROY ALL HUMANS. Especially the remake since ammo can be made from the environment. I do miss the original's version. Its tri-shot upgrade has 3 big blasts, but the remake's were small. Balancing be damned, I want to throw big hot balls at those men in really really dark brown.
Ahh the memories at this point I don't remember much but me and my brother loved it. DESTROY ALL HUMANS.

To be honest everyone loves the shotgun but nobody likes the Halo CE: flood fuckers just didn't stay down and the magnum you try and tell me by comparing DMR and the CE magnum that they aren't similar.
Mass Effect 2: the M5 Phalanx, for its unique aiming mechanics and high damage. I find the changes it underwent in subsequent games make it underwhelming.
Mass Effect 3: the M7 Lancer is the best, especially when modded with two of Ultralight Materials, Extended Clip and Extended Barrel. High damage, low impact on power cooldowns and its downsides (long "reload" if clip is emptied and high recoil) are easily mitigated by firing it in bursts. I also like the N7 assault rifles and shotguns.
Mass Effect: Andromeda: the X5 Ghost is very well-balanced and suited to my preferred playstyle. Runners-up are the Equalizer and Zalkin.

Breath of the Wild: I'd have to agree with the Master Sword and Remote Bombs.

Horizon: Zero Dawn: I've mainly been using Tearblast and Hardpoint Arrows, with the only enemies I consistently have trouble beating (i.e. die to) being the Thunderjaw, Scorcher and Fireclaw. I should probably start using the elemental bombs to to inflict status effects.
Mass Effect: Now I'm a simple man that likes to fuck shit up and leave a bloodbath behind me so the Avenger, Matlock, and that LMG that you can pick up from the pile of corpses in the 2nd one.
Horizon Zero Dawn: That was fucking fun.

I don't play breath of the wild but I bet that the Dragonborn could kick his little ass just saying my Dragonborn not the Generic one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nora Steele

TheShepard256

Mass Effect: Now I'm a simple man that likes to fuck shit up and leave a bloodbath behind me so the Avenger, Matlock, and that LMG that you can pick up from the pile of corpses in the 2nd one.
Ah, I forgot about the Mattock. Also one of my preferred assault rifles (especially in ME2, since I prefer Sentinel or Engineer and thus can't get the Revenant), though I could never get used to its 'upgrade', the Cerberus Harrier.
I don't play breath of the wild but I bet that the Dragonborn could kick his little ass just saying my Dragonborn not the Generic one.
You might be underestimating BotW Link's combat ability, particularly with his parry strength and lightning-fast reflexes. For reference, here's a theoretical match between him and Mortal Kombat's Scorpion.

Lone Wolf115

You might be underestimating BotW Link's combat ability, particularly with his parry strength and lightning-fast reflexes. For reference, here's a theoretical match between him and Mortal Kombat's Scorpion.
You seem to think that my Dragonborn is a little bitch well think not I have a Dragonbone Greatsword Dragonplate armor and all the shouts including the dlcs so I don't give fuck what that little bastard brings to the table because I hold all of the Dadric artifacts so I'll just wield the ebony mail and use the ebony blade both have health draining effects and I'm a Khajiit so natural night vision.

Edit: You do know that Scorpion is UNDEAD right so he didn't win shit.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

You seem to think that my Dragonborn is a little bitch well think not I have a bunch of stuff
Yeah, I have no idea what any of that stuff means, so I can't compare it to... well, anything. Also, undead =/= unbeatable.

On the topic of the edit to the title (i.e. vehicles):
TiTS: the Sidewinder, for obvious reasons.

Mass Effect: the Normandy, also for obvious reasons. For ground vehicles, I recognise that the Mako, Hammerhead and Nomad are each useful in their own right, but I prefer the Mako for its durability and being practically immune to extreme heat/cold/radiation/etc..

Star Wars: the Ebon Hawk, which should come as no surprise considering my previous two responses. CIS ships in general, particularly the Lucrehulk, Munificent and Subjugator classes. Also the Lancer-class frigate, because I'm not a big fan of starfighters. For ground vehicles, the Saber Tank and AT-TE.

Lone Wolf115

Yeah, I have no idea what any of that stuff means, so I can't compare it to... well, anything.
The Dragonplate is the last set of Smithable armor along with the sword the Dadric artifacts are from basically well VERY powerful demons. The Shouts are Dragon language that are powerful "gift from the god Akatosh" there's a slow time shouts that is link's downfall.

big joe

Nov 5, 2020
Gdańsk, Poland
IRL/whenever I see them: American guns. M1911, BAR, SAW, you name it. Americans make good weapons. Some German weapons too, such as the G3, G36(or the G36c), and the MP5SD. Mosin Nagants, Kalashnikovs and Suomi KP/31(yes I know it's Finnish) are cool, and anytime I see a Polish weapon I get happy.

Fallout new vegas(kinda picking games as I think of them): Anti-Materiel rifle, gauss rifle, riot shotgun and ranger sequoia.

Titanfall 2: Whatever guns have travel time on bullets, feels good when I hit a shot

Halo: Halo Reach DMR or Halo 2 pistol. Halo 2 pistol is garbage but it's fun.

Mass effect: never played any of them, cannot comment

Terraria: Mage all the way. Besides that, megashark and Terra Blade

Swat 4: M16, MP5SD or any lethal shotgun. Secondary is a taser though.

Team/cooperative shooters: I like being big armored LMG man, so LMGs. Sometimes shotguns.

As for melee weapons, longswords, pikes, or good ol fashioned fisticuffs. I also like charging people on horses.

Vehicles: I like old cars, and also the Ford Crown Victoria. Don't know why, it's just a pretty car. Oh, also any tank and 1910-1970 airplanes, be it biplanes, the Zero or Mustang, or the MIG-21 and anything in-between.

Last edited:

Sasqutch421

Dec 15, 2018
Nebraska
... Well this is one very interesting topic.

IRL~ Bowie Knife (21 feet in a plot of land that I know better then others?), 1911 (reliable and has been around for a long time,) Chiappa Rhino, M-16 (Old Marine Vet... Rifle range still best time to get away from my secondary MOS for a time.) F/A-18D Hornet... Who needs guns when you have over a ton of explosives?

DOOM~ Chainsaw + Godmode = Work relief...

Destroy All Humans~ Anal Probe

Dark Souls~ Claymore

Fallout Series~ Super Sledge

Injustice: Gods Among Us~ Doomsday

Mobile Suit Gundam games~ Turn A Gundam

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
DAH I don't remember that one but love that game.

It was the green weapon with the sphere attached to a pistol grip and a sort of nozzle for the barrel. The original anal probe was kinda shit, but the new one is decent once you figure it out. It's only real upside, at least until upgraded, is getting that juicy brain matter while still dealing with the enemy. Not good in the late game but still funny.

Fallout Series~ Super Sledge

You have excellent taste. It's the most satisfying and brutal melee weapon without the nasty splashback explosives have. I hate the Fallout 4 redesign though. The disciples knife is really good. It's unreasonably powerful for a knife made of scrap metal but it's fast and has great damage. Shame though, I wanted the assaultron blade to be better.

nomadbunny

Feb 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Off the top of my head IRL H & K MP5 and the Famas ,

Fallout 4 The Splattercannon/Problem Solver & the Kiloton radium rifle

Fallout 76 The Gauss shotgun is so SATISFAING in V.A.T.S it kills most thing in one or two hits

Wasteland 3 the Lancer & PDW-O1 because what's batter than AR and SMG that firers explosive round?

Resident evil 4 broken butterfly and red 9.

Last edited:

Gothic Purple Goblin

Mar 10, 2016
Thunder hammer, specially the big square headed maul type ones. Brings a new meaning to crushing your foes.

Lone Wolf115

You have excellent taste. It's the most satisfying and brutal melee weapon without the nasty splashback explosives have. I hate the Fallout 4 redesign though. The disciples knife is really good. It's unreasonably powerful for a knife made of scrap metal but it's fast and has great damage. Shame though, I wanted the assaultron blade to be better.
I liked the redesign made more sense to call it that then the earlier ones they looked like a weird warhammer.
Just a repost continue to post here.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
IRL - Flammenwerfer 35
Fallout: New Vegas - Mysterious Magnum
Fallout 4 - Kremvh's Tooth & Broadsider
Fallout 76 - Plasma Gatling
Warhammer 40k - The Pale Spear & any kind of Power Fist