Myr venom withdrawal never goes away, and addiction levels don't fall

Apr 8, 2022
Myr venom withdrawal effect has been active for at least 300 in game days (frostwyrm breeding wait) as well as around 30 or so days of travel, rest, and sleeping, and addiction hasn't gone down from 25% at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-184253.png
    Screenshot_20220415-184253.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 5

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
I can also add that flags["VENOM_PROGRESS"] doesn't go down for non addicts.
So, if anyone does any 20 scenes that increase flags["VENOM_PROGRESS"] they will get addicted to red myr venom; no matter how long the gap of time between those 20 scenes are.

I think the problem is the fact that in playercharacter.js myrVenomUpdate (line: 1896) doesn't even get called because it's not hooked up to the processTime (line: 602) function

Also a bit unrelated, from trying to get addicted; I noticed that using any vial of red venom would consume all vials in that stack.
For example: when using 1 vial in a stack of 10 only 1 would get used but the entire stack would be gone from my inventory.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
I can confirm that putting pc.myrVenomUpdate(1) (1 being one day) in the console does reduce both flags["VENOM_PROGRESS"] and flags["VENOM_ADDICTION"] as I would expect.
So, I think the problem is just myrVenomUpdate not being not hooked up anywhere in the processTime function.

If you do want to reduce your addiction level before this gets patched just put pc.myrVenomUpdate(1) in the console a few times (or put a bigger number than 1).
To access the console just right click on the screen and choose 'Inspect' then choose 'Console' from the menu then put whatever code you like.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Can someone provide a save? I'll take a look. While not preg I think the other coders are focusing on hard crashes right now so this will end up sitting otherwise.

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Attached savefile has a character with some acquired myr venom levels (that never go down) Earlier posts are essentially correct, the function which handles venom reduction is atm disabled in the processTime():

JavaScript:
    processTime(deltaT, doOut, totalDays, totalHours)
    {    
// ...
            //TODO: Make the venom work
            //this.myrVenomUpdate(totalDays);
// ...

Attachments

• Ava (F) - 12Hrs 59Mins, 268 Days - Tavros Station, Kalas.json
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Thanks for the save. That is what I assumed. A lot of stuff was turned off during the conversion and needs to be turned back on after making any needed changes.