My Only Post AB Flexible Survival

곰 ⋮⋮ ɮɨɢ ʍǟռ ™°

Feb 23, 2023
I have been trying to get into flexible survival, and for sure it is fun to customize my character (I'm a sucker for character customization), but I feel like my brain is a bit too smooth to understand how to exactly play it.

Personally I have tried to play it several times but I couldn't understand about where to go, what I should do, and other commands to figure out how to even move or trying to make my character stronger. Like; Mastery for example. They don't give you a power boost, sure I can get behind that, but with those Masterys (spelled wrong) you get dedications...and I can't get a dedication if I don't have mako...and the only way I know how to get it is by buying mako with irl money.

Like come on, what's the point of mastery if it doesn't even give like some uber end goal to it? It's useless to master it if I can't even get a dedication from it after all the work I put into fighting npcs that already kick my ass at everything.

And let me not get started on how lost you can gey if you don't know how to use a command to help you figure out where you are [Cart for example], i had to go searching to see if there was a map because after about 3 minutes of wandering i got lost in a city like area and couldn't figure out how to get back for almost at least more than 20 minutes because the cart map is more confusing because of how the directions work. North seems to be up, but on the cart map it goes down(???) And south is the other way.

Unless my way to understand direction is weird and i might be pulling shit out of my ass. Also, I feel like there are way to many commands. There are the simple move commands, 'senses' commands (smell, touch, idk if any of the other ones are useful whatsoever), and then the extra commands like the shop commands, and then there is like...idk how to explain it, but it's like commands that a normal player would NEVER use unless they are looking to do something so specific in the game that it would be a complete waste of time to have it.

Atp, it might seem I'm complaining...which I am but about things I don't understand. Maybe it is extremely easy to understand and I'm just screaming into the dark about my issues, but it's just..I feel Flexible Survival is a complicated game with a bit too many commands that AREN'T explained well enough without you having to ask how to do all those things [not to say tutorials don't exist, but they are few and far between from my 'playthoughs'. But, it isn't a bad game. With the content I was able to get out of pure coincidence and just typing around the place made me interested, which is rare considering I have a hard time focusing on a while bunch of words most of the time.

Everything I said here is going to be a bit jumbled because I needed a area to express what I thought and how I felt about it because...funny enough, I couldn't figure out how to use the chat feature for FS.

This is the first and only post from me [not including replys] about this game from me, but I do recommend it to people that are interested in..how to explain it. A more text based rpg [talking about no images unless you consider the site and not the game controler] a bit more of furry stuff going on, and more stuff I don't feel like flavoring on top.

곰 ⋮⋮ ɮɨɢ ʍǟռ ™°

Feb 23, 2023
Btw, sorry for misspelled text, I typed on my phone and my fat fingers aren't the best on a smaller phone.

gyero

Jul 22, 2023
basically, exercise, play sudoku, do some maths. Improve your mentality and you'll enjoy flexible survival more, but the way, you are not wrong that it is less controller friendly compared to oxo games. Simply, if you don't like the writing style, rip, if you don't control enjoyably, rip. By the way, You know already that in the realm of "tica", not everything can match your specifics unless a lot of people match with you as well. You can call "tica" niche I believe. Seeya

곰 ⋮⋮ ɮɨɢ ʍǟռ ™°

Feb 23, 2023
you are not wrong that it is less controller friendly compared to oxo games. Simply, if you don't like the writing style, rip, if you don't control enjoyably, rip.

Honestly, my main gripe is that I wish it was clearer about where my character is (i.e a map that the game specifically mentions people can use to help get around). I like the writing style, and the controls...not bad per say, but it get's confusing about the direction your character is facing / moving in, which is pretty much the only things that keep's driving me away from the game.

But again, it's fun if you know what you are doing.