Music

Anuarie

Dec 26, 2015
When you play games (Smutty or mainstream) do you listen to music? If so, what genre?

I tend to listen to hard rock, Hip hop, or electronic.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
a) It depends. b) It depends.

P.S. I am fairly sure it could have been considered as necromancy, but, given such generic thread title, I would have sworn that it was a duplicate of this thread.

Anuarie

Dec 26, 2015
P.S. I am fairly sure it could have been considered as necromancy, but, given such generic thread title, I would have sworn that it was a duplicate of this thread.

Well shit, must have goofed with my quick search in some way. Thanks for the heads up.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You're welcome. Not that it matters now, but still... I searched for "Music" in content titles only. Hope this helps!

I tend to enjoy video game soundtracks (factoid: I am currently listening to one as I type), but I mute them at times to play my own music.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
You're welcome. Not that it matters now, but still... I searched for "Music" in content titles only. Hope this helps!

I tend to enjoy video game soundtracks (factoid: I am currently listening to one as I type), but I mute them at times to play my own music.

One does not make statements like that without providing examples. So please do.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Are you inquiring about my factoid, good sir? If so, I shall provide a most insighful link, for I feel devastated when released soundtracks won't include each ingame track.

*Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage (soundtrack rip): a roughly complete collection of each song used in the first Berserk game, which was released for Dreamcast.

Name62

Oct 21, 2015
Everything pretty much from dub like deadmouse & ford to jazz like frank Sinatra 

Galvani

Feb 25, 2016
I only listen to music when playing a game if I don't need the game's native audio, so when the game doesn't have any sound and/or doesn't require a great deal of focus.
The genre depends on my mood, could be anything from Dark Cabaret to Synthwave.

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
I'm all over place when I listen to music and game, but my top choices are-

1. Metal (5FDP, Black Sabbath, Slipknot)

2. Steampunnk (Steam powered giraffe, Cog is dead)

3. Classical (Mozart)

4. Dubstep (knife party, skrillex)

5. Fantasy (Gaelic, Celtic)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm all over place when I listen to music and game, but my top choices are-

1. Metal (5FDP, Black Sabbath, Slipknot)

2. Steampunnk (Steam powered giraffe, Cog is dead)

3. Classical (Mozart)

4. Dubstep (knife party, skrillex)

5. Fantasy (Gaelic, Celtic)

Nice list, yoinked some names for research purposes. However shouldn't #5 be 'Ethnic' instead of Fantasy? Pretty sure Gaelic and Celtic people haven't been made up by some author.

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
Nice list, yoinked some names for research purposes. However shouldn't #5 be 'Ethnic' instead of Fantasy? Pretty sure Gaelic and Celtic people haven't been made up by some author.

oops, never even thought of that. i just always associated that type of music with fantsy

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
oops, never even thought of that. i just always associated that type of music with fantsy

Have you tried Witcher 3 soundtrack? It can be a great gateway drug for Eastern European folk music. And Folk is the proper name for the genre, so I've derped myself.

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
Have you tried Witcher 3 soundtrack? It can be a great gateway drug for Eastern European folk music. And Folk is the proper name for the genre, so I've derped myself.

I have binged listened to witcher 3, dragon age i, and skyrim music on a number of occasions. All are amazing.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Seeing how this thread is around, I'd like to take a chance to grieve for Kōji Wada. He made my life happier.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Seeing how this thread is around, I'd like to take a chance to grieve for Kōji Wada. He made my life happier.

Oh shit, he died? Well that sucks, I remember him from from my childhood watching Digimon. 

Well uh, Nujabe's anyone?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Yes, he did. He passed away from cancer. Just like Origa (okay, I'm cheating here-she was Russian). Just like Satoshi Kon. Almost like Satoru Iwata. Can't recall the cause of Nujabes' death, though, but it feels terrible to see so many talented Japan (a country with a high life expectancy)-based people die when they're in their prime.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Reminds me of Monty Oum (Not a music artist, but the music featured in Red vs Blue and RWBY were good so it counts). Still sad about him dying.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Recently, I've been playing a lot of Pennywise whilst gaming. Generally, my taste in music is Metal (Thrash, Folk, Power and Industrial) and Punk (Hardcore or Skate)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I do use Last. fm. Sadly, I haven't scrobbled anything interesting lately. I miss their radio stations, even if you could guess which artists you'd get if you kept on playing a certain station.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Currently I'm listening to Björk. Other genres include Metal (especially Rob Zombie, Murderdolls, Iced Earth and Hypocrisy), german Extremecore (Doomlord 666, Catcore), german EBM (Einstürzende Neubauten, Winterstahl, Schwefel, Unter Null), EBM in general (especially Psychic TV), J-Gabber (Dj Sharpnel and the like), Punk (Sex Pistols... duh), german Punk (WIZO, Heiter bis wolkig and Normahl) and a lot of 80s stuff that I tend to call 80s Underground Pop, although it's mostly just called New Wave (The Stranglers, Joy Division, The Sisters of Mercy, The Psychedelic Furs, Blondie and so on). Pretty much the same stuff that I hear all day long. Oh and german "Kommerzpunk" (Die Ärzte) of course.