Mother of Monsters [RPG/RTS Action] [v 0.001]

Which aspect should I focus on?

• Combat system (new spells,weapons, and monsters)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Monster Reproduction (Add womb capacity, weight limit, ...)

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Erotic Scenes (need an artist for this)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Real Time Strategy (Commanding own creations)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

FieryLion

Oct 25, 2018
Play as Eva, the heroine the world needs, defeat the demon king with a card deck full of random spells, from weak elemental bolts to legendary spells (sometimes snuck in by the god of chaos) that destroy everything - including you. With the backing of the fertility goddess that gives Eva the ability to "recharge" her mana by charming and fucking anything that moves, and most important of all, to give birth to the largest monster legion and steam roll the demon king's army!

I've been wanting to make this game for a while, and had been steadily working on it for the past two weeks. Since this is the very first prototype, this version is a natural habitat for bugs and glitches alike. My main goal isn't to show off or anything, I just want to get your feedback on how I should progress the game.

Game link
Right now, there's only a single test level with a few monster to test with, I mainly focused on getting the main mechanics (combat, production, dialogues, menus) working

Screenshots
6RDZZ4E.png

wMh4FHy.png

t1UNCqv.png

ajcrZvk.png

EEZcQa4.png

m10fPAQ.png

Planned Mechanics
Combat
After playing One Step from Eden, I loved its random spell cards mechanic so much that I pretty much copied it over, I wanted to see what would happen if I apply the system to a top down RPG action game.

Sex and Production
In addition to a large mana boost, Eva will get the life blueprint of anything she fucks with, allowing her to reproduce and give birth to the same specie and building up her army. While pregnant, Eva's speed will be reduced, its best to produce stuff outside of battles.

Eating and Calories
To avoid players from producing monsters all day long and just steam roll over everything, I'm working on an eating mechanism where creatures would drop rations on death; consuming the rations will store the calories into Eva's body. Each different creation requires a different amount of calories and womb capacity that Eva can upgrade as her level rises. Also eating will make her fatter and give her slower movement but higher damage absorption (she gets thin again after birth).

Managing Your Creations
I'm planning to have produced monsters be put in an extra pocket dimension, and Eva can pull them out in times of need such as in boss battles. I figured that having dozens or hundreds of monsters following Eva around would be rather inconvenient.

Erotic Scenes
I'm not an artist, I only know basic vector design using Inkscape. To make the simple placeholder scenes, I made the poses in 3D Custom Girl and then used Inkscape to overlay the creature sprites. I'm looking for artists that wants to work with me in this project. We will discuss commission rates and other stuff.
Please contact me at fierylionite@gmail.com

Credits
I'll make a more detailed credits page.

Feedback
This project is rather ambitious, there are a thousand aspects that can be developed further. Rather than trying to make everything to perfection which could take years, I want to get your feedback. Which aspect should I focus on, the combat system, the erotic scenes and interactions, or the monster management and real time strategy aspect of the game?

Last edited:

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I played this early version and here are my concerns.
My main concern is the monsters are very animal-like; What I mean by that is they are like squirrels, and bats in real life, which tbh is a bit to close to the real thing.
I would recommend making new creatures more mythic and monster like.
My only other concern is that the combat needs some work but as far as early games go it's very well done.
So keep up the good work.