Morcrux: Discussion Thread

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Hello there fellow adventurers, I am Grimoire and i wish to run a campaign to help me with some ideas to make into my books.

This is a world of my own design with some elements of DnD and alot of my own creation that has an evolutionary change to it that happens over time which begins in the Medieval era and progresses into the modern age then space age. For now, I would like to focus on the Medieval age where technology is being considered but much of the world is still very wild.

Players interested in participating will need to make a character. Since i'm busy most days, i will limit to three people just for a starter to see how this will go. Characters can be made from these races:

Dwarves (Only one type unfortunately)
Elves (Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Shurifon Elves)
Dragonborn (based on the Dnd Dragon types)
Infernals (Succubi, Incubi, devils, demons)
Giants (Tundra and Jungle sub species)
Dradini and Dradnae (Subspecies of Minotaurs:)
Lizardfolk (Swamp, Desert and Mountainous subspecies)
Orcs (Only one species in existence)
Goblins (Hobs, Ogres)
Lamia and Naga (Desert dwellers)
Humans (duh)

Once you've made a character with a name and have an idea what their profession will be, I can present some options of where you want them to come from as the campaign will start in the Continent of Norm. The map provided i made so you have an idea what it looks like and where we will start.

In the setting, there are several factions in a state of Cold War and there is an annual war constantly being waged by two empires: The Shurifon Dynasty (Chinese/Elvish culture) and the Fjornia (Venetian/Spain/ Human culture) Empire. The Dwarves reside in the mountains of the Great Divide which splits the center of the top hemisphere into four cardinal areas which prevents the empires from circling one another, the Volga Kingdom is vast but troubled. To the southeast region neighboring the Rift is the Crescent Moon kingdom of the Orcs who are very isolated and live underground below their own set of mountains in the shape of a crescent moon forming the Hook Coast. Hook coast is the protruding region of the southeast far from the conflict of the central region of Norm and has a near harmonious culture with all of the races despite growing tensions from across the seas. Between the Rift and Crescent Moon is the region of Genosia, basically the High Level Danger Zone and the home of the Horde (independent factions wanting to rule all of Norm), this is untamed tall region of forest and ruins with some castles and small villages with outlaws stuck outside Baldur's Gate that quarantines Genosia from the Rift. Below Genosia and Dtriptri Forest is the Valley of Three Swords and the Hidden Blade mountains which is a barren wasteland full of ghosts, spirits and abandoned settlements with the exception of the Redfallen Enclave nesting within the mountains themselves. Further south is Gordo and Gobo Desert, worst place to be with many tribes and nomads and a single city at the center of it. The last region is the far northern territory beyond the Great Divide that segregates the East and West regions of Norm's upper hemisphere. There is great evil here that both empires fear, the Mitheril Road that once spans around the northern cusp of the Divide is an unforgiving landscape of tundras, snow, creatures far deathlier than the tribes and clans of Giants that reside there. None dare enter the Undercroft of the Divide where the worst of Morcrux's past dwells.

Magic exists but it comes at a price. Ritual magic require ingredients to cast, Spoken Incantations require Life Essence (shave days off your life) or Blood Essence (shaving parts of your health from Rot or Aging) and Enchantments are free to use because they're made from magically infused materials, some of them can be created by chance if conditions are right and others are made skilled craftsman with knowledge of the Arcane. Mages exists but they're living in an existence of fragile peace: Heralds of the Dark Gospel (Cthulu) ripped the world asunder and created magic "accidentally" and it is because of skilled mages and The Luminous One that the world now lives safely with the evil locked beyond the Ethereal Planes. Mages who do not belong to the Church of the Luminous One are considered heretics for many reasons while the rest of the world treats them with high regard. Because the Heralds had reign for thousands of years, many of their minions still linger in Morcrux and the world is wrought with such dangerous creatures that many regions are very fearful of traveling outside of the northern hemisphere in Norm only the most daring and brave adventurers venture so far from civilization.

When creating your characters from the selected races they can be Mages or Sorcerers but you will be the only exception as it is not very common to races such as Lizardfolk, Dragonborn, Lamia, Naga, Goblins, Dwarves and Giants because of cultural aspects and religious beliefs. The difference between Mages and Sorcerers is that Mages have studied and have methods of channeling their magic so it doesn't cost them Essence of either kind or mitigate the effects to rather minute levels but you will have to have a Spellbook or Symbol you carry in order to use spells without cost and if destroyed you have to get a another one or make one but they are very expensive and hard to create. Sorcerers are extremely gifted spellcasters with massive Mana pools to be able to cast so many spells but the problem is they have the life expectancy of 30 years and they cast spells that are way too powerful because their Mana is trying to explode out of their bodies. To be able to combat this problem, Sorcerers must rest 12 hours to recover from their body aches, they carry one of the channeling devices or Bind themselves. To be Bound as a Sorcerer, your are intentionally scarring your body with runes and seals to contain the magical energy in your body to allow you to freely use magic normally without near fatal backfire. Binding is a rare ritual and only an Academy Mage with knowledge of it can do it right. Choose wisely.

Please DM me with your characters for approval before we begin and to go over with you the background of your character in detail. Once all 3 participants are approved, I will make a new post to start our campaign and begin our story one in one of three starting locations: Shurifon Capital, Fjornia Capital or the City of Riften.

There are some rules i must make:
1. All Participants must be active
2. All Participants must respond after presenting a scenario in order for the RP to continue unless specified by the scenario itself (spitting up into teams or characters performing "Preparation Actions")
3. Arguments and Banter are allowed ONLY in the RP through characters (I will narrate the background scene for each occasion for consequences and events) but please be civil to each other or this RP trial will end.
4. Please inform me if you don't wish to continue or you cannot participate anymore so that someone else may take your place.
5. Adhere to the Forum Rules about Manners and Sexual Content.

Gore and Violence is very much acceptable in this RP because of body changing Mutation and powerful creatures exist that can one-shot kill you if you're not careful and Slavery is a thing as well (not softcore).

If interested please let me know.

Attachments

• Norm.png
    Norm.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: sora21345

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Announcement]: One person approved, we're waiting on two more people to join.

Anyone else joining in: We'll be starting in Western Norm, Shurifon territory of Zhao Providence in the city of Heifong. Pirates, gambling dens, baddies up the ass and lots of criminal mischief in store! Starting location will be within the city to beginning introductions and then proceed to a HUB for more details and information on available quests and destinations. I'll be playing as NPC (naturally) and narrating as the Dragonborn Exile: Draco, a veteran adventurer and well rounded heavy-hitter with a greatsword.

Draco will be one of many characters that progress the story but is the group's primary Travel Companion for the duration until we reach Valley of Three Swords. Draco is very well rounded in local knowledge and will answer many questions the group has and update the group on customs and lore as we progress further into certain quests. Feel free to let your imaginations run wild on what to do, I'm happy to make events and brainstorm new ideas while i'm working on writing the book these sessions play out (if usable) to keep track of our progress. I look forward to the fun banter and chats!

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Announcement]

Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales is about to begin. Participating players should be ready to start. There will be no further slots available for consideration.

This thread is now a Discussion thread for the campaign outside the official campaign thread. Adhere to the rules, future RP campaigns will be considered.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Is there going to be rolls for diff or is it going to be freeform?

Definitely freeform, if it is [Chance of Success: Good] or I give a very big indicator that you should run, chances are you will not make it if you do that something. If you wanna make an action like Fight! put it in [×] and I'll put together a formula to see if you make it work.

It is all about preparation and effectiveness = success. If you planned out your moves plus have an item to do the job = success. If you did it on a whim and there is no item or environment advantage = fail. I put that in and see if you will succeed and give you a description of weaknesses or detailed surroundings to maximize your odds (or not)

Keep that in mind for combat.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
For an overview of how the RP works:

Combat:

As stated above, you can do whatever you wish in any situation that calls for it. Preparation for a Fight, players need to be aware of their environments and what they can use as a weapon or use to gain an upperhand in a fight. Items in the world possess magical uses as well as hidden uses depending on circumstances that won't present themselves until a suitable time for them. The second factor to a fight is what it is that you are going to be fighting, the stronger the opponents, the harder the player will have to win. Same goes for multiple opponents.

To Succeed, use everything to your advantage and disadvantage of your opponent. Taking a hostage, to escape, setting a building on fire to coax out enemies for an ambush, bribery of local militias and gangs, setting up traps and most importantly: allies.

If you spot a weakness, know a thing or two about an enemy can make all the difference in the world when it's a matter of life and death.

Example: If a crusader wears heavy armor, slow to move but is powerful when attacking up close. Taking advantage of their speed, movement and visibility and disarming them can end a fight quickly and yield better results than testing yourself against them in a head on battle.

Encounters:

Items of Interests or Points of Interest are [bold] to signal players that they should consider investigating this.

Important information is [bold and underlined] to give context to an upcoming situation that may benefit them or give clue to what will happen. A Warning System, of sorts.

Lastly, Consequences:

When players make decisions, consequences are part and partial to my world. They're good consequences such as loot and rewards; they're bad consequences such as listing an item of interest or costing severe damage to themselves.

Another part to this is Narrative Consequences. Example:

Quests that involves players making a choice to progress a story line of their choosing may yield different results. Doing quests for Shurifon will yield benefits to those players that play that direction. The consequences of this, picking a side will change the player's influence and renown based on past actions that won't come into play until later.

Being new and anonymous gives encounters a fresh start, the more renown your deeds and more famous you are, the stronger the impact. But that is also a double edged sword. Stealth and interactions play upon reputation and past actions. Chivalry and daring players will find difficulty in a crowd of vagabonds and cutthroats whereas a hardened enforcer is use to these things can get more done while in their element using intimidating and skill. The chivalry and daring players will be more at home raiding bandits on the roads or masquerading in the Emperor's Ball while the enforcer will be drawing too much attention.

Navigate your encounters, explore, investigating, prepare and be inquisitive. Unique opportunities will happen if players act in this manner but be careful and follow the guidelines.

This also means that you can change the direction of the story if you wish by making your own plays and doesn't necessarily NEED to follow the [Bracketed] responses. That is merely to control the flow of the story. If a player wants to explore a room while meeting someone, narrative will accompany that direction. Being very inquisitive can yield very different outcomes and hidden results which is very much encouraged and adds more flavor to text. You never know when a useful item will show up or secret documents will reveal themselves to be of greater use if players never step outside the box. Be creative!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
wanted to ask but how would the modern age work?
Morcrux is continuously evolving through the centuries, in the trilogy, it is centered around Kane speeding up the progress of the world and uplifting the natives inhabiting the world. Beginning in the Medieval era, the campaign would establish the time of when things were set in motion, who were the major factions, where the major events happened, how did everything become what it was and the why of things. Regardless of the actions of how the campaign plays out and who were the main characters people play as, canonically: Kane will always survive and continue his ultimate goal of escaping the dimension of Morcrux. Because of Kane surviving the events that occur, and having access to the magic he has gained and learned, he will resurrect and/or summon people back that he has faith in or can rely on to do what needs to be done.

So in essence, he is the reason why there is Modern era happens 2000 years early. The year Morcrux begins is 775 IC (Imperial Calendar) or the 8th Century by our standards of Earth work. Earth didn't begin modernizing to start making computers, weapons of mass destruction and create the information age until 1926: when the discovery of the Transistor was made and used in all of the modern technology to create some of the marvels we know of today. The Modern Era for Morcrux, however, happens in 1000 SC (Sovereign Calendar) which is 215 years after the events of the Medieval Campaign.

In the Modern Era, the world will look extremely different and the function of magic and technology will be altered in such a way that it become a mirror of what Earth will look like but with magic. The thing to remember is what were the major cities, who were the major factions, who were the races of the time period prior, who were the main characters, what happened leading up to the establishment of Sovereign (Capital City) and the Sovereignty (Those who survived and formed the alliance that now rules the entire world). Everything will have a modern spin of what their medieval counterpart in terms of cities, technology and what brought about their changes, For example: New Canaan.

New Canaan was the first modernized city in the Medieval world, with it leading the charge in establishing the rules, regulation and was the epicenter of the cause for the revolutionary changes that made the world what it is, it plays one of the pivotal points in making Norm (the continent) the powerhouse nation it is now. Sovereign relied on New Canaan to keep supplying it with the supplies and resources to keep progressing and modernizing rapidly before the other countries during the Medieval Era which allowed it to become the national war machine that blitzkrieg-ed its way to the top of the food chain in very short order. With New Canaan acting as the buffer between the two major cities (Shurifon and Fjornia), Sovereign was able to isolate themselves away (within Three Swords Valley) from the Great Divisional Wars that followed the events of the campaign while still having access to the resources New Canaan provided without needing to be involved with the war itself until the military hegemony of Sovereign rampant up production and kick-starting the Industrial revolution needed to go to war on a massive scale.

Naturally, once the Great Divisional Wars were stopped, New Canaan was kept as a historical landmark and under the protection of the Sovereignty Alliance to maintain peaceful ties with Sovereign and establish a neutrality of heteromorphs (demi-humans and non-humans) and the humans to prosper and flourish. When the city-state becomes part of the national identity of Norm (renamed the Sovereignty States) it was one of the most important provisional states of the country where everything first began. New Canaan becomes the icon of progress and culturally the most progressive state within the country whereas Sovereign is the most technologically advanced state with the military hegemony evolving with the times to become meritocratic, running the entire country.

Now, Modernized, the world of Magic has become vastly different with medical technology and two centuries of progress leading to the discovery of ways to control and suppress magic in people. Magic in the Medieval Era was a phenomenon that couldn't be explained, in the Modern Era, it is then explained. How? Blood and Soul energy were linked to Mana and thus controlling the properties of blood prevented rapid aging upon its use on magic users therefore allowing people to use magic without reciprocation and even death. This means people live longer and provide even more insight into magic, but the evolution of the world also affected Magic in such a way that it has adapted a new form of casting and summoning (without paying a blood price or soul price). So to ensure that magic doesn't run rampant as it did in the Medieval Era during the Divisional Wars, Sovereignty created a suppression system to control and eliminate rouge magic users: Anti-Magic.

Anti-Magic was discovered during the Divisional Wars, although it was in its infancy and less understood back then, the military at the time used it to counter magic users and bypassing powerful nations who rely solely on magic for protection. This was also the same time Modern War magic was born with Anti-Magic being the first subclass of that branch, by which this category of magic could only be used during war times and can be considered justifiable during war times. In the Modern Era, Anti-Magic became a necessity for maintaining control over the world and therefore law enforcement and counter-intelligence agencies used technology to suppress magic users in such a way that discourages abuse and against the law abiding citizenry in the modern world. That's easier said, but not done.

If we began a Modern Morcrux Campaign, this would mark the beginning of a pseudo Cold War era in which Arms Dealing and Espionage were common place. The world of Information is tightly controlled by the Sovereignty and the foreign national powers, access to the Sovereignty's technology was either stolen, bought and/or sold, wars between nations appeared up after Kane's disappearance in the aftermath of the Fall of Syracuse. Without the threat of an omnipotent godlike figure keeping the entire world under his thumb (Morvo of Syracuse and Kane of Sovereign) the world slips into a dystopian future where corporations, privatized militarizes, espionage agencies large and small, and the national identities of other countries that are taking on a stronger presence are all vying for control over the entire world.

Ideally, the Campaign will have three different aspects to start from: The Arms Trade, The World of Espionage, and the Private Military.

- If we started in the Arms Trade, participants will follow the story of Kokoro "Koko" Métier who is an upstart Arms dealer with the "Métier Logistics" company that deals with buying and selling military equipment and weaponry found in the aftermath of wars in other countries. The story will follow her journey to the top of the Arms trade and her goal of controlling the world. Naturally, her profile attracts the attention of the military, espionage agencies and rival arms dealing companies so participants can expect the craziest experience to occur in this version of the main story.

- If we started in the World of Espionage, participants will follow the story of a man codenamed: "Wiseman" who assembles a group of agents that work for the Sovereignty and their task is hunting down enemies of the Alliance or those who stand in the way of it. along the way, the group will encounter secrets and mysteries that shape the world in such a way that it will never be the same. It is a campaign filled with the dark and gritty reality of how the world works behind the scenes and this leads to the hunt of Métier and her involvement in the Project World Eater and figuring out: who the hell is Wiseman?

- If we started in the Privatized Military, participants will begin as specialists, former soldiers, and freelance mercenaries assembled by the vampire organization known as Black Mass to work as a black operations group doing the bidding of the Sovereignty to root out opposition to the agenda of the Council of Five, who rule what remains after Kane's disappearance from the world stage following the War with Syracuse and Morvo's downfall. Following in the footsteps of the Black Ops group, participants will learn that the world of spies and arms dealers hold more sway and their mission becomes mottled in controversy and they are lead on a chase against clock to find and eliminate agent Wiseman and Kokoro Métier before the completion of Project World Eater.

In all three versions of the campaign, participants can expect people in the world to use magic, anti-magic weapons, buy/trade/sell information to the black market information broker known as the "Shadow Broker" to learn ways to navigate throughout the world. There are conventional weapons as well which are more popular and gadgets such as drones and other items to uses, money comes in the form of Credits which is universal which must be used to buy goods and services provided by organizations to players who complete jobs and tasks setup by their individual liaisons who drive forward the story itself.

In the end, the main story will always revolve around Koko Métier, Agent "Wiseman", the organization of Black Mass and the mysterious Project World Eater acting as the Endgame of the Modern Era of Morcrux which transitions to the Space Age (which is written in my book called "Beyond the Horizon") that happens with the return of Kane.

To prevent future roleplays: there will never be a space age campaign nor a dimensional/parallel world story arc for players to participate in. I rather people read that in my books and keep my sanity in check, we're talking Warhammer 40K levels of lore i do not wish to keep track of for a single campaign that i must repeat for every game. Players will only play Medieval / or / Modern campaigns of my stories, not Space or Dimensional campaigns.

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Holy crap man that was just the modern age thought i was reading the space age part but damn man this sounds so cool and fun to play but aghhhhhhhh
am a little sad that we're in hiatus but am also conflicted in what new character to play in the modern age now was going for a female dragonborn and in the space age a succubus

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Holy crap man that was just the modern age thought i was reading the space age part but damn man this sounds so cool and fun to play
I know, i spent a lot of time writing the first book and have a progressively long second one in mind to do that does a lot more world building than technological know-how. The Space Age (third book) has been partially written but canonically there's even more crazier stuff outside of the Morcrux (the planet) and the surrounding systems and galaxies that by the time space flight happens, the universe will have Orcs & Goblins in Space that are geniuine articles of the originals just a few generations into the saga. Due to how hectic and very GrimDark i can be, the violence has been rampant up to 11 than there is sex and innuendo content. I may have created an all-devouring insectoid species that can assimilate organic matter and retain certain forms and they all answer to a single entity "The Mater" imprisoned beneath a Utopian civilization where gender roles have reversed and men are the minority in numbers. So because this forum forbids extreme content, I cannot allow Space Age and Dimensional Arc campaigns to run.
But aghhhhhhhh, I am a little sad that we're in hiatus
I know, but it must happen. I just don't have the time like I use to.
I am also conflicted in what new character to play in the modern age now, I was going for a female dragonborn and in the space age - a succubus
Well, dragonborn are fading away due to societal changes and the decreased presence of dragons. A new subspecies of dragonborn are the dragonoids: hybrids with dragonborn blood in them mixed with another race. If you played as a female dragonborn, you're among the last of your kind that haven't "ascended" with the Ethereal Elder Dragon of the Astral Planes at the end of the Industrial Era (which is before the Cold War Era that the Modern Campaign starts).

Succubi and Incubi work a little differently in my universe. Incubi (men) have intercourse with whatever mortal woman enough times until a transmutation parasite is implanted inside the cervix of the woman. After every seeding by a man's semen inside a woman's womb, the parasite progressively transforms the woman into a Succubus and pregnancy will always result in creating Imps or Scamps. The Imps grow up to be Incubi in most cases with a few Scamps being Succubi, but the number of succubi depends on the number of assimilate women of other races, therefore they will stagnant after assimilating entire civilizations over the course of generations without direct intervention. Thankfully, that phenomena was altered through the early years of the Sovereignty and selective breeding has made it possible to create naturally occurring birthing of both without the Infernal parasites.

Hypothetically, in the Space Age, I imagine the popularity of succubi and incubi having several generations and active sexual appetites, there would be an exorbitant number of hybrid species. Something I haven't thoroughly thought about yet.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
oh yea wanted to ask but when or if i save hana'he is it possible to go into a incest kind of route with the family?

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
oh yea wanted to ask but when or if i save hana'he is it possible to go into a incest kind of route with the family?
I can't say anything about Hana'he because of spoilers. After departing from New Canaan on that quest, you'll figure it out. If you want me to spoil the entirety of the quest then i can but that'll ruin the entire experience and hype i built up around it.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
I can't say anything about Hana'he because of spoilers. After departing from New Canaan on that quest, you'll figure it out. If you want me to spoil the entirety of the quest then i can but that'll ruin the entire experience and hype i built up around it.
naw thats alright i'll figure it out when the game come's out of hiatus

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
when we reach the modern age would the characters we create be the same as we did in the first one like name,job,and background

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
when we reach the modern age would the characters we create be the same as we did in the first one like name,job,and background

Resurrected Characters:
If they survived or have died previously, they would be the same people - yes. But when they transition to the Modern Era, it's going to be different.

New Characters:
Largely the same with the exception of background because a lot has happened and professions can be a lot more diverse.

But here's the kicker:
New people don't get benefits like Medeval Era Characters. This is a continuation of the old campaign storyline. Therefore, if you happen to have buried a massive fortune somewhere and do what the dwarves do. You can be revived and return to the Modern Era, those characters can go back and retrieve their massive hidden fortune from their years of adventures. Something like that is a huge boon for veteran players. That can also be a benefit for very very old characters too that make appearances in the campaign like Draco who can live for 1000 years. Knowing the history and the people of the past can make difficult encounters a breeze if they knew certain people or have been to every location.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
i rather make a new character for the modern age and have my old character enjoy her time with friends and family and not risking her life for kane for magical artifact plus don't want to give her ptsd for being alive

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
i rather make a new character for the modern age and have my old character enjoy her time with friends and family and not risking her life for Kane for magical artifact plus don't want to give her ptsd for being alive
For a new character, you'll need to make one from one of the races. Profession can be made from any modern type of career path that we use for today's society. Background you can decide on how that character got their start and where they are from but i haven't made location names yet so you'll have to leave that blank for the time being.

If you choose a non-combat character, they will have to get professional training from somebody when a campaign starts in the three versions and they will have a cross-class specialization.

Example, a Doctor getting training to be a Militant in the Private Military will get their specialization upon completion on a Tutorial Prologue as a Combat Medic (Balanced), Field Surgeon (Strong Medical / Weak Combat) or a Disciple (Strong Combat / Weak Medical). The difference in that specialization is based upon years of experience and how soon or how late you begin training in the chosen career path you take. If you spent majority of your years as a Doctor: Field Surgeon; Spent half your years in the medical field and joined the Militia (after some incident that prevented you from going further into your career) and gained training: Combat Medic. Or if you had medical training and joined the Militia right after the academy or university and gained significant field experience: a Disciple.

As for your old characters, resurrection comes with many perks: Previous Experience, Worldly Knowledge, Strong General Skill Sets and Huge Benefits that carry over from the centuries of prolonged rest (or death) as I've mentioned above. I will not punish people if they survived my Medieval Campaign and let it serve as a huge reason to play and encourage people to do whatever it takes to make it to the end of said campaigns to gain better starts in the Modern Campaign. This also means keeping All of your Markers that you've accumulated throughout the campaigns. Markers are like Skeleton Keys to the entire world of the Modern Campaign, Promise Tokens of the Medieval Campaign that must be fulfilled regardless of a person's unwillingness to fulfill them.

If you want to keep Jibril in suspend animation / or / locked away in the Mausoleum of the Fallen - you can. Since there will not be a Space Age or Dimensional Arc campaign, there literally isn't any reason to keep them locked away to skip those time periods, so they will just remain as they are until called upon to join the Modern Campaign at your leisure. But you must keep in mind when making a new character and have previous experience with the Medieval Campaign that there is a difference between Player Knowledge & Character Knowledge. You, as the player, may know who Draco was in the previous campaign; but as a new character, they will not know who Draco was before the Modern Era. By acting your character out to know who he was without the history or correct knowledge, that would be breaking the fourth wall: against the rules of the roleplay. You can discuss the cameos and share knowledge between other players (which is why this discussion thread exists in the first place) but while you are in the campaign threads, you must act out as if your character has never met those people.

Since you brought it up, yes, PTSD is a very real possibility along with other disorders that will affect gameplay as a hindrance for the many benefits of transferring old characters to new campaigns. Since the Medieval Era is considered the Dark Ages and exceptionally horrible centuries of war, famine, pestilence and death, you're bound to have some scars that run very deep: emotionally, psychologically and/or physically. For example, if say someone were to have been shot in the head during a quest and were resurrected via magical means: that person's character will suffer Eidetic Flashes (reliving old memories), Blackout (Loss of Time), Fits of Emotional Episodes, or having a very nasty scar where the damage was done that requires further treatment. While a hindrance, I did say it wouldn't be a punishment for the transferring over new characters. Those will serve as a character's quirk, a tick, or a fragment of their personality shaped by their veteran status. If and when a person does allow themselves to reuse an old character and live their new lives in a brave new world: there's going to be a LOT of catching up to do and will have a disadvantage with Modern Culture and Customs. Thankfully, universal translators are created that can be implanted in all characters upon start so the language barrier that I would put in for depth wouldn't be a very bad first step in the campaign itself.

Whatever you decide to do, Sora, I'm sure you'll love what I have in mind :)

I honestly want Jibril to survive and make it into the Modern Era just because of how I want people to see what it's really like waking up to a brand new reality after seeing Kane perform his many miracles throughout the events of the Medieval Campaign and uplifting the entire world 2000 years into the future. I think you'll be surprised to know how much impact I've made other Fallen characters have made to the civilization and what were some of the most historic things they were remembered for. One of the notable Fallen
: Draco does indeed die before the Modern Era
If we do make it to the end of Chapter Five: Fjornia and Jibril does make it through without dying she will be put into suspended animation at a retirement age that way she has spent her golden years with her friends and family. But that is pending on if she doesn't have any curses, hexes, contracts that could potentially lead to her death and her soul being ripped out of her body. There are so many ways that ending can occur that it is impossible to fathom without knowing every conceivable outcome there is, but death is still a very big possibility ... without a Marker (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

If someone does have multiple Markers, they can be used to bring others back from death such as NPCs & Player Characters (but requires permission and consent). However, just like I've state many times in the first campaign, the likelihood of getting Markers from Kane are extremely limited because you can only get them by fulfilling favors for him which means risking your life or giving up something of extreme value as payment for such a token gesture (High Risk=High Reward). And since Kane disappears during the events of the Modern Campaign, Markers can only be acquired by making contract deals with the Marked NPCs that serve Kane in his absence (like Sanguine and Mellow) who are extremely hard to find and it will take a special someone to figure out how to contact them. Thus, the Shadow Broker will be the person for that task of opening a channel to the Marked as one-off occurrences. On the flip side, if you have an old character like Jibril who has frequent visits from the Marked in the past - she will have incredible access to Marked as a "preferred client" in the Modern Era.

So the encouragement of reusing old characters is heavily biased for a very good reason. Plus I love having to play around with them so much as the villain! :D