[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Kor'da looks to Jibril about to with a face that says: "You are fucking crazy" but then dismisses it as it both doesn't serve their purpose nor does it help their situation. Taking a sigh and bracing himself for the blow that's surely about to come, he slowly opens the door.

Door opens: A midnight robed person floats within five feet of the doorway with tattered ends of their robe fluttering with a weightless air to them (zero-gravity) and they sport a porcelain mask with a neutral expression except the eye holes are glowing red with fiery blaze and the mask ... doesn't seem to be a mask at all as it possesses lines all over it suggesting that those are in fact segmented plates attached to a ink black face.

As the figure approached the doorway, there is a visable foot that sticks out of the darkness and plants it between Kor'da and steps through. The figure phases through Kor'da like a specter and then re-solidified into the form of Mellow but keeping the neutral mask and without the cloak hiding the long waist long hairlike quills Jibril noticed at the Silver Coin when Draco forced Silvermane to cut Kor'da loose from his obligations. Similar quills that only Jibril seems to be able to hear.

[Confront the "masked" man]
[Mention the totem]
[Explain what is "here" exactly?]

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril ask him about the totem why was it able change kor'dar why did it try to freeze the room when the jewel was remove

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The masked man looks to Jibril: "Totem? What totem are you referring to?"
Kor'da addresses the spectral man's question: "Silver plated relic with copper wire made into a weird star and holding a small gemstone about the size of an eye"
The masked man cranes his head towards Jibril addressing her directly: "A Marker? Which of you possesses ownership of it?"
Kor'da: "Actually it belonged to someone else, someone that looks exactly like you except they had a mask with a smile"

Robed figure turns their head 180* around without moving their body with it: "Mellow. We should have known. Where is it now?"
Kor'da: "It broke"
Robed man gives a sharp: "Hmph. It was bound to happen one of these days, carelessness is that one's flaw. How unbecoming of a Notata"

[Jibril could ask it more questions]
[Jibril can hurry and grab the broken totem pieces, see if they can be fix. Maybe figure out why this happened.]
[Or they could fight this specter, nothing is certain that this isn't some ruse to lower their guard]

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril lead the robed man to kor'da room where the totem is she also asked him why does it have an effect on kor'dar mind

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Robed man follows Jibril up to the upstairs apartment and looks around. Even under the mask, she can tell they smell something is off and they so: "This place reeks of sex and shame" then Jibril looks to the totem and picks up the broken pieces and presents it to the robed man who stares at it. He exclaims and scolds her for breaking such a valuable object! Even going so far as to growl angrily before he composes himself very quickly, they touch their pressure points on their face whispering: "Whoo-sah"

Touching the tips of his fingers together when he brings his hands closer, they crook their head to the side and stares at Jibril closely: "Forgive our manners, our master made these himself. To break something of the maker's is considered a grievous sin amongst the Notata. An insult that is punishable with a fate worse than death."

Jibril asks about the "Marker". What is it and why does it affect both of them with these strange feelings. What did it do to Kor'da's mind?"

Robed man explains loosely: "What is a Marker but a favor for a favor. A piece of paper for which the ink may write upon its crisp page surface, forming a contract between one and an agreement with another. It is also comes to those who have a strong yearning, a powerful desire or has suffered a fate that will drive them to a imminent death. If your desire is more wealth, the Marker feeds that desire and creates an ambitious goal to achieve, whether that is accomplished depends on the person of quality."

Robed man turns to the open door where Kor'da stands with his machete ready, eyes looking into Kor'da soul: "In this case, an insatiable desire for love and intimacy to remove the depression of a gloomy existence and uplift the shackles of one that is bound to service against his will. A strong desire for such a thing is powerful enough to grant one such as this one a brief hold of this Marker a small measure of its power."

Robed man approaches Kor'da: "Well? Was it everything you hoped it was?"
Kor'da: "I, uh, i don't know."
Man puts a hand on Kor'da's shoulder: "Give it time. Scars fade over time, your soul will not. Embrace what you have ... while it is still yours to have"
Kor'da questions them: "What is the price for such a powerful relic?"
Robed man answers: "Favor for a favor. The time will come when you'll be asked to perform a service, refusal isn't an option. When the gemstone is red, it is time to pay the price. Considering the damage to the Marker, we'll take this back and return you both to your realm."
Robed man addresses Kor'da: "But you will pay the price for fulfilling your desire."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril with a dishearten voice went to apologize to kor'dar when she heard him speak of what we did that made him regret it. she felt heartbroken thinking that what we did was a sinful taboo then she finds out that there was something or someone making a choice for you I got mad and try to destroy the totem i even almost got you kill when we return home i understand if you don't want to do with anything with me we could just pretend not of this ever happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimoire

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
A small growl from Tar’Lak showed his liking of the elf that was now the dwarfs stoll. “I require then 10 spear heads and 20 arrowheads. I need not the shafts I can make my own. Ill trade you 100 pewter worth of silver and 30 pewter for the iron heads.” Tar’Lak says as he pulls 6 pewter from the pile on the counter.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
The robed man looks to Kor'da after retrieving the broken Marker from Jibril's hands with a sweeping of his sleeved hovering over her hand. When the robed man sees Jibril unsure what to make of this, they shake their head at her.

"Don't believe everything is entirely the Marker's fault. Mortal. It merely enhances the desire to do it. If he desired love and intimacy, he needed the encouragement to do it." He then points to Jibril, "It was you, snake woman, that gave it a way to fulfill his desire. But now that the deed was done, still have a problem regarding you."

They continue:

"You own the Marker, you felt its power. If anyone should know what this Lizardman feels, it should be you. What is it that you desire? Trust? Motherhood? Marriage? Adventure? What drives you to do it is your will and freedom, not the Marker. It takes away the doubt and fear to allow you to achieve it by your own hands.

However, that doesn't mean it can't be given greater power to do more. But to unlock the full power of the Marker, the Master must grant you a task to complete. Please the Master, he shall grant you a favor in kind.

A wish"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Tar'lak]
The dwarf looks to the elf, stomps on his back in excitement. "Ya hear that ELF now that's how you do business!" The dwarf gives a hardy laugh then extends his hand to the Lizardman: "You got yourself a deal, friend, stop on by in the morning. Don't worry about paying for it now. I'm a man that prefers getting paid after the work is done"

Dwarf steps of the elf: "Sven Rodrigo, stop by any time you got the scrap or coin."

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Tar’Lak nodded to the dwarf as he placed the gems and pewters back into his bag. Before with a small grunt lifts the bag onto his back then grabbing his spear he leaves the smithy. He walks for a few feet before looking back around for the Dragonborn in black and white.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril tell's the hooded man she'll take to what he said to heart and ask him would we be abl to return home?

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Ugh, it feels so GOOD to be using a laptop again! I've been using my phone doing this, stupid autocorrect keeps messing up. I'm off work today so let's play!
[Tar'lak]
As Tar'lak scours down the streets for the Dragonborn and the masked man, they had just disappeared into the crowded groups of people partying and enjoying the lively entertainment playing all around them. Tarl'ak had lost sight of them, but he then remembers that he was sent there to find an apothecary for medicinal herbs and perhaps it should take a priority and maybe they will show up again later. Looing about an hour, the sun is down and it seems the vagabons and vagrants are coming out in force as Tar'lak is pushing himself through crowds and getting insulted along the way for being a scalie (local slang for reptiles) and takes him ahwile before he gets confronted by a trio of drunkards spilling their drinks and stopping their merrymaking when this strange slim looking human walks up to Tar'lak with a clear intention of making a scene. Tar'lak sees that this man has the worse bloodshot eyes he had seen, when has this man ever sleep?! his eyes are so sunken into his sockets, he looks like death. But given how thin he look, he does look like a boxer with plenty of rippling muscle in his arms and shirtless torso revealing the featherweight abs he's got.

"Hey there fella, what you doing out here all alone?" The drunk says, "Runnin' into someone like me, lookin' to get yourself knocked up side your dome?!"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
The robed man says: "Of course, a simple misunderstanding, no harm intended. But you won't be so lucky the next time this happens. We, Notata, aren't known to be very ... polite, about our intentions. You may call me Sanguine" just as he says that, he sweeps his hand over Jibril's hand and the Marker reappears in a blink of an eye completely fixed without a sign that it had been broken in the first place, in fact, the scratch marks from her blade are completely gone!

The robed man snaps his fingers: He vanishes just as quickly as the Marker left their hands.

Kor'da walks over to the window and sees that they're back home in Heifong!

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jirbril just realizing she's still full with kor'dar cum she went over to him and ask where is his bathroom. she doesn't want to explain to his kids why is her stomach is the size of a pregnant person belly. when they come back home

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
“You are sickly soft-skin go back to your hovel and leave me be.” Tar’Lak hissed at the man before moving to go around the man.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kor'da turns from the window and goes to the cabinet to pull out a chamber pot and removes a large bucket. He hands Jibril the bucket and chamber pot inside of it.
"Sorry, we have to go outside to do our business, there's a water pump out back. If you need to get rid of the ... other things ... just use this pot and i'll toss it out. The boys should be back soon, while you're doing that, i'll keep watch and make sure you're not disturbed." He shakes his head embarrassed by this whole ordeal and the freaky incident that just nearly got them into a world of trouble, still shaken by it matter factly.

Kor'da walks Jibril through the back of the shop and opens the backdoor to a separate area to a wooden seat with a large hole for people's leavings with a wooden lid to close on top of it. In the corner there's a large basin filled with fresh water and next to it is a water pump with a lever that you need to manually crank to get fresh water out of the ground. Kor'da brushes his scales behind his head: "Listen. Don't worry about the boys, I'll tell them. This is all still so new to me and i still need to wrap my head around this"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Tar'lak]
Just as Tar'lak insults the man, the bloodshot eyed man's friends go: "Oooooooo" and then they watch as Tar'lak pushes the guy aside but is stopped by the man with an arm blocking him. "Don't you know that raiders run this town, you better shut that big old mouth" He quips, "You listenin' to me?!"

The red-eyed man is getting annoyed he's being ignored. He reaches behind him fixing to pull something out as he says this, Tar'lak isn't aware of this going down when they speak. It's clear they're intending to cause more trouble than what Tar'lak is looking to get into right now, especially around this many people.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril with heat in her face she ask kor'dar not to worry about it bbut when sshe's finish with her business wwwould you like ttto sleep together.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kor'da still upset about what Jibril said to him about this being about the Marker making him do these things. He needed to come clean about it and really give her an answer to her. He slowly approaches her and raises both hands and wraps them around her waist and pulls her close to him, hands locking at the base of her tail and pressing her head against his cum soaked chest and his snout nuzzling her cheek, embracing her. "I'd never want someone to feel as empty as i was. After we spoke for the first time, you talking to me, you made me feel things i haven't felt in a long time even with my brood wife. To feel, normal. I was a shell of my former self before i met you and when that thing came to me i awoke from a nightmare and felt so enamored, i wanted something more than being a single father raising his sons alone. "

He pulls away to look her in the eyes: "You have nothing to be ashamed of. I am the one who choose to go with it, if you don't want to be here because of that thing, I would understand it if you felt conflicted. I told you before, I want all of you to myself. I need you. I meant it. It wasn't the Marker that told me, that was me. It may feel like we'd just met but i have a strong sense of wanting to be with someone just as confident and beautiful to look beyond this ..."

Kor'da waves his hand over his face with scars and intimidating face. "You'd make me a happy man if you stayed with me. If the boys don't like you, i'll make them learn to like you as i do."

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
A loud growl erupts from the lizardman as the tip of his bone spear angles down to almost touch the man’s adam’s apple and his other hand goes down to the side of his quiver grasping onto a handle in a pocket next to his hip. “Back off soft-skin before you regret it, and the same to your friends as well.” Tar’Lak says in a low meanie big voice as he stares down the man and his friends.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kor'da nods his head reassuringly. He looks down to her swollen belly and rubs it with a tender loving caress and he places her hand on top of his, he returns to her eyes: "My people believe that sex is sacred. No seed from our men should ever go to waste, no egg be left un-fertile. These elves and humans don't share our belief, sex seems very casual and many profit from it. I was confused by your advances from before, unsure what to believe. Did you love me just as one lizard to another, or was it just a "one-night stand' as the humans call it. I want to believe the former"

Looking back down to her belly: "i want many children, start over in a new life, away from this wretched place. I want New Canaan to be our paradise, it may be expensive but to be a free man in a land of opportunity, who can say no to such an offer? If you came with me, we can live together, raise our kids and watch them grow up to be strong warriors. I can retire in a shop that sells tools to laborers, help build something wondrous and have a big house to live in it!"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Tar'ak]
Just as the lizardman points his spear into the bloodshot eyed man's throat, the two friend backed away quickly, but the man shoots a cocky grin and slowly backs away from the lizard. Ripping out a small object from his belt line of his cargo pants (what a very very strange choice of clothing) its a metal object shaped to curve towards Tar'lak with a tiny hole at the end of it and the man holds it like a crossbow with a single hand. This is not a crossbow. What the hell is this thing? :)

The man is awfully cocky having this thing out and holding it sideways, as if he were threatening Tar'lak with a knife. With a movement of his thumb, the guy cocks what sounds like a hammer left out a loud clicking sound. "Ya better gimme what you got, lizard-boy, turn out you pocket - don't hold nothing back! I want all your cash!"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril tell's kor'dar that its not a one night stand she did feel for him and she wants to be with him but she can't for now since she promise to help her new employer they were the one that fully paid of your debt and there going to help her find your daughter do you understand.

Reactions: Grimoire

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Upon hearing this, Kor'da is in disbelief. "What?"

Jibril repeats what she says once more: "My new employers took care of your debt, one of them even promised to help me find Hana-he in Sou'jure"

Kor'da is stunned, he is then delighted to hear this. He felt more resolve filling him: "Then I wish to offer my help to them as well. If you go, I'll want to come you but i can do something better instead. When you leave, don't come back here, find me in New Canaan and i promise i will have a home for us there. I'll give you a reason to want to come back to me. When i reopen my shop, I'll try and find what i can to help you find Hana-he. Please try to be careful, my love. It isn't safe in the East, the humans aren't kind to anything that far in Fjornia territory."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril just realize something she took out the heavy bag of silver coins that her employer gave her she showed it to kor'dar and ask him would this be enough for our new home?

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Looking at the weird thing the man is holding then to the man Tar’Lak’s eyes narrow and his hand slides lower on his spear. Before anyone can react Tar’Lak’s other hand shoots forward toward the man throwing a iron knife at the mans crotch before gripping his spear and swinging the stick end of it at the thing in the man’s hand.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kor'da see the large heavy sack of coins within the pouch, when he picks it up with his hand, he notes the heft it has. He pours a few coins and nibbles on one of them to get the authenticity of them, he exclaims how they were real silver coins. 27 silver coins are sitting in the coin pouch, converted to Pewter coins totaling in about $270 that's enough to renovate his shop here in Heifong and get better supplies, offer more variety and better quality goods. But for a place in New Canaan ... he's never actually been there to know for sure what their homes cost or what owning a shop there is going to rack up in terms of cost and budgeting. But he shakes his head, if he sells his shop and throws a "fire sale" in selling everything cheaply, he's pretty sure the money he'd make back will definitely be enough to afford him an small cottage or a medium size apartment in someone's tenement. Kor'da hugs his new love and ties off the coin purse.

"Give me about a week to get things settled here, there's going to be a lot of changes around here. If i don't do this, I don't think i will have the nerve to do it again." There's definately a lot of excitement in his voice, "I'm sure not even that Marker is going to stop me after this! I need to find a buyer, that will be the first thing."

Kor'da says to himself but realizing that Jibril requires privacy for this next part, he metaphorically slaps himself: "Oh ... sorry, i'll let you take of this. I'll just be inside taking care of the shop and wait for the boys to come home." He leans in, licks Jibril on the cheek before walking away with the door left partially opened so he's within ear shot of Jibril.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Tar'lak]

[Fight]: Medium Range Distance. Ranged Enemy. Ranged Reach (Unknown). Crowded Location. Melee Weapons with a Melee Player. Melee Reach: Long (Spear) and Melee Reach: Short (Iron Dagger) = Chance of Success for the following actions: Iron Dagger (30%) , Spear Strike at Medium Range (80%).

The Iron Dagger thrown by Tar'lak doesn't quite hit the man in crotch as it was intended to, given the suddenness and not wanting to hit the innocent people around him walking through. It instead lands right into the man's right upper thigh with a heavy thump causing the man to fire off a shot that zips pass Tar'lak's face, grazing the side of his face, taking some scales from it. Whatever just hit Tar'lak, it was hot and metallic.

[When the metallic object clicks, there is a brief moment that a loud bang can be heard firing from the object itself, so loud in fact that it scares the people around them. Everyone just stops, never hearing that sort of sound before, they searched where it came form. From long distances away, large shadowy figures loom over the Dunbar Row rooftops and looming in the shadows of the crowds, blending into their environment. After hearing the first shot, all of these black cladded people turn into the direction of this sound and quickly move towards the location with haste.]

Tar'lak strikes at the metal object from the man's hand and it breaks out freely and lands on the ground. The bloodshot man looks at his thigh and pulls out the knife, it doesn't seem to stop him from that long, it looks like he's powering through the pain as if it didn't affect him as much as it would someone weaker than him. The man moves with a malicious intent to kill, using the dagger he rips out of his leg, he strikes at Tar'lak using a
professional fighting stance that isn't normal for a street thug. In fact, the stance he uses seems to imply that he's a soldier of some kind from somewhere outside of Shurifon.

Tar'lak has fought enough caravan guards and seen the way Gentral Elite guards fight, they were more precise and more disciplined, quickly striking their opponents, using their specialized weapons a particular way and only with those weapons. Whoever this man was, he was using his bare hands and holding the dagger upside down in a stabbing form. His footing is squared and lowering his center mass and lunging at Tar'lak to strike him with his fist and not the blade. How strange is it to have a blade and not use it against an opponent with a spear and other hidden weapons they aren't aware of? Is this man out of his mind?!

Tar'lak had analyzed his opponent and comes to the conclusion he isn't fighting a normal thug, this one was trained to fight. More over, he may be drunk but he seems to be immune to the pain of his leg but it doesn't stop the fact that his movements have made him very unpredictable even with his leg looking like it's wanting to give out. The man lunges at Tar'lak with his clenched fist to hit him squarely in the face with his other hand, holding the dagger, held at the side looking to swing for Tar'lak's spear.