Monster game suggestion

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Haven't seen an official suggestion thread so I'll put it here.

So I have played free cities and TITS and redscale adventure and thought of a text game idea. Now I am no programmer or writer nor do I currently have the means or patience to get the skills required to make a game. So I am simply going to throw the idea out there and hope someone might draw some inspiration from it.

Basically the game would be set in a fantasy world where the power of gods is based on the population of their sentient created race. Newly born gods can attempt to pour their power into creating one creature hoping it multiplies, however, if it is banished through magic before doing so the god will disappear for good.

You would be the progenitor (male, female or futa) of one of the following: centaur, dragonoid, demon, harpy, naga.

You would then choose your starting location which will affect the different races available for you to breed with but also how likely the kingdom might react to their population going missing.

You would have different means of going about multiplying, you can take them by force (but increases the risk of counter attack), you can seduce them (allowing you to build a willing harem), you could have one night stands with isolated individuals and finally you can try to get the village/city to accept you allowing you to move into the village giving you full access to its citizens. There may also be events such as a crashed carriage giving you a chance to bag a person of prestige like a noble, queen, princess etc.

The races you can breed with have varying difficulties but harder ones make stronger offsprings.

The breedable races are the following

-Goblins: Small, busty, slutty and easy to seduce show them you can give them a better time than the person they currently are with and they will come flocking.

-Humans: Jack of all trades medium difficulty in seducing produces average strength offspring with maybe a few exceptional ones.

-Orcs: Stubborn philosophy of might makes right, beat the toughest orc in the area and your word is law. Produces very physical and melee oriented offspring.

-Elves: Prideful but fall hard once they give in to lust. Produces magic and bow oriented offspring

-Dwarves: small but sturdy hard to earn respect but once properly earned its hard to lose it. Produces very tough offspring

Eventually your children would number enough to form a village, you would need permission to settle from the local ruler or risk his/her wrath. Once settled you would influence the goverment and the way of thinking of your kind. Are you the absolute leader of your race, do you let a council decide their growth. Are the other races people to befriend and procreate with or are they destined to be slaves that should be honored to bear your children.

You would then set out on increasing your population how you want to and earn territory how you want to. A ruler's attitude towards you will influence how the population of that kingdom will react to you, if the ruler happily lets you have your way with her/him the population will be inclined to take a submissive attitude towards your species.

So yeah thats the gist of don't know if anyone will ever base themselves of the idea, if not at least I know the idea is out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrdmnr

Nov 21, 2015
I think this idea is pretty cool. Coding isn't really a concern, you can do a lot with engines that don't even need coding. The real problem is making actual content.

Have you ever played Defiler Wings? If not, I would recommend you checked it out.

Is there a reason you can be all kinds of species, but the NPC species are fantasy cliché's?

What are you thinking visually with the game? text only? images? animations? is there an existing game you think it should look like?

what fetishes were you thinking of?

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
I think this idea is pretty cool. Coding isn't really a concern, you can do a lot with engines that don't even need coding. The real problem is making actual content.

Have you ever played Defiler Wings? If not, I would recommend you checked it out.

Is there a reason you can be all kinds of species, but the NPC species are fantasy cliché's?

What are you thinking visually with the game? text only? images? animations? is there an existing game you think it should look like?

what fetishes were you thinking of?

I tried getting defiler wings to work but no matter what I do it doesn't work and plus from what I read the whole affair doesn't end nicely for those you impregnate.

For the species I tried to aim for species where it was believable they set up some kind of permanent civilization, for example I find it difficult to imagine centaurs or dragons to make developing buildings on their own due to their size or attitude. So yeah I wanted to make the player a "monster" by the other races standards. For the races these are just the classical ones I could think of but any can be added as long as it is believable that they make a working society without outside influence, for example a highly individualistic beast men race isn't going to go beyond a village as they can't stand all the rules needed to make a big functioning society. Minotaurs and holostaurs could work.

For the visual I would think probably text only with detailed description like free cities, free cities is a good example of something the game could look like. Except maybe options to move around rather than be restricted to one zone. Have menus to decide what you do, explore, hunt for mates etc. A menu to see the nearby village/cities and interact with them and their rulers and influence their way of thinking and sexual behaviour. A menu to interact with your personal harem choosing what they can and can't do.

For fetishes pretty much anything goes except for amputations or extreme stuff (castration etc). Maybe some gender swapping other races. Definitely pregnancy, choosing whether you are dom, sub or equal, mind breaking if that swims your boat, corruption (things like making women you slept with come back to you with maybe a few curious friends, or having women ask for you to knock them up despite them being married. etc). NO underage, loli stuff sure, incest why not if the person is in his/her teens (people grow up really fast in this world) or more. M/M M/F H/M H/F etc. Slavery (rough: no beating or stuff but rough sex and stuff or soft), turning people into breeding livestock (farms with them up and ready to breed as many kids as the buyer wants with who they want).

wrdmnr

Nov 21, 2015
I tried getting defiler wings to work but no matter what I do it doesn't work and plus from what I read the whole affair doesn't end nicely for those you impregnate.

Sorry about that then, I thought if your into were into abduction, rape and unwilling impregnation, you wouldn't be against them dying(you never actually intentionally kill them through, unless you eat them for food)

I've done some minor digging, Free Cities is made in Twine, I heard the maker has no real skill in programming either, so if your up to making actual fun scenes i'd say go for it.

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
I didn't choose dying and stuff because it"s against the rules if you read the game guidlines and anyway who likes to kill people rather than bone them.

I'll try to download twine see if I can make anything with it but for the writing I am a complete amateur and most scenes I write tend to have a lot of repetition in it's vocabulary, so might have to ask someone else to do that.

wrdmnr

Nov 21, 2015
I didn't choose dying and stuff because it"s against the rules if you read the game guidlines

Hey, you're right. I should have read the rules thread. Whats the deal with that? Murder in a videogames isn't usually a big deal.

Good luck with the writing.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
For the visual I would think probably text only with detailed description like free cities, free cities is a good example of something the game could look like. Except maybe options to move around rather than be restricted to one zone. Have menus to decide what you do, explore, hunt for mates etc. A menu to see the nearby village/cities and interact with them and their rulers and influence their way of thinking and sexual behaviour. A menu to interact with your personal harem choosing what they can and can't do.
I've done some minor digging, Free Cities is made in Twine, I heard the maker has no real skill in programming either, so if your up to making actual fun scenes i'd say go for it.

Twine is a good choice for a novice developer, though Free Cities may not be the best example. If you open it up in Twine, you'll notice the coding in that game is incredibly complex. For an inexperienced programmer, I would highly recommend starting with a much less ambitious design. Try to narrow down the smallest viable game that fulfills your core design goals. Figure out what it will take to implement that design and see if you can get it up and running. You can gradually add more features over time once you have a prototype.