Modding TiTS?

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Sorry if there's a thread about this, but couldn't find it, and I'm really new to the forum.

There's an awesome thread about modding CoC by Hatternumber0:
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/guide-how-to-mod-corruption-of-champions.3283/
It has all the proper working links and step-by step guide, and worked perfectly.
I did a heavy amount of edit-modding on CoC, but a couple of days ago started playing TiTS, and found it a lot more interesting.

Is there something like that for TiTS?
Basically, I just want to:
-edit some of the texts, english isn't my first language, and sometimes the wall-texts get confusing. And maybe changing a bit some sex scenes, to better fit my tastes or the character's personality (both PC/NPC)
-edit or change the portraits. I'd like to redraw most of them... I won't mention names, but some are frankly horrible (or at least don't appeal my personal tastes), badly drawn or totally off character. (probably I'll graphically edit most of them out of respect for the original artist's work)

Do I need a different program (CoC uses FlashDevelop) to work?
Is the coding similar to CoC?

Thanks for any help

Note/edit:
the mods-edits wouldn't be public, that would be stepping on the creator's work. I intend them just for personal use... get kinda bored, edit this or that and so.
If anything, for public release I would gladly offer my art for use, no problem with that :D

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You have to contact Fen and talk with him. Noone else here that aren't dev can do anything for things you meantioned. Plus you have to have some way to convince him (Fen) you will not make it into another case he had recently of someone usng code form github to mkae illegal backer builds to distribue freely. Nothing else that amy help comming to my mind.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
If I remember correctly, there was a mod for TiTS where the misdeed added a machine that gave you a "VR" version of CoC that you could dive into. From there you could actually play CoC in TiTS and get a bunch of the CoC TFs. Since you're still only level 8 compared to the much higher level you Can reach in CoC, some of the areas were harder. The modded, I think, had backer access, but only released using the public builds. I don't remember the thread, but I do remember reading that it was well received by people. Unless I'm thinking of something else entirely...anyway enough of my rambling, you could try finding that guy or girl and ask them about how they modded the game.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
If I remember correctly, there was a mod for TiTS where the misdeed added a machine that gave you a "VR" version of CoC that you could dive into. From there you could actually play CoC in TiTS and get a bunch of the CoC TFs. Since you're still only level 8 compared to the much higher level you Can reach in CoC, some of the areas were harder. The modded, I think, had backer access, but only released using the public builds. I don't remember the thread, but I do remember reading that it was well received by people. Unless I'm thinking of something else entirely...anyway enough of my rambling, you could try finding that guy or girl and ask them about how they modded the game.
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/tits-coc-lucid-dreams-1-1-10-for-tits-0-6-92.1493/

Since GitHub access is closed, it is discontinued.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
They didn't give you access? Even Prisoner has access, lol.

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
You have to contact Fen and talk with him. Noone else here that aren't dev can do anything for things you meantioned. Plus you have to have some way to convince him (Fen) you will not make it into another case he had recently of someone usng code form github to mkae illegal backer builds to distribue freely. Nothing else that amy help comming to my mind.

Ah yes, I've read something about the source code on one of the sticked threads.
Well, I'm not a coder, not even close. To the point I don't have a clue what's a "backer build". I'm basically a hillbilly discovering the city :p
Basically, I just take a look at the code, figure this and that, and change some little bits or build something small using other codes. Quite the Rasvel :p
But I'll see if I can contact Fenoxo, thanks for the tip.

Hum, sounds way too complicated for me.
Besides, I don't like much the idea of using a workaround I don't even know if it works or is "approved", and looking for someone I don't know either, that's why I'm openly asking: any problem or doubt, and I know who/where I'm talking to, with better chances of having an answer.
Thanks for the reply tho, it means there's chance to mod the game :D

'Nuff said.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
TiTS code github repo is private so I not sure which one access you mean? Unless you are one of those that replied in Gedan thread and get it thanks to reply in time there.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Since GitHub access is closed, it is discontinued.
Wait, what? But I thought Fen had pretty much endorsed your mod...

In any case, isn't there supposed to be a separate, freely accessed repo for public builds at some point? Do you have no interest in updating based on that?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Wait, what? But I thought Fen had pretty much endorsed your mod...

In any case, isn't there supposed to be a separate, freely accessed repo for public builds at some point? Do you have no interest in updating based on that?
Merge is a huge chore. And doing it for a month diff... Meh.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ehh so in the end seems their not grace you with chance to update mod each few days instead once a month or so :/

No wonder you not feel you want continue work if it once a month nightmare to cut throu last few weeks comitents to code repo.