Mirror stance is so god damn useless.

H

halp

im sorry i know this is a bit strange to be so tilted by a single ability, but mirror stance is such a god damn useless power i almost feel insulted it takes up space in my powers tab. why oh why doesnt it just throw the same ability the enemy uses back at them? like hit me with an attack, i throw an attack back for like 1-2 turns before re-activation, why does it have such a weird half assed mechanic, i just dont understand.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Because its useful for tank characters, you get +10 armour, Focus and Ward.
Because it helps raise your threat and keeps the squishier characters in your party safe.
Because, more importantly, you can learn certain powers if you get hit by them while in Mirror stance.

Which you might learn if you read a bit more.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Yeah! Mirror tanking is one of the most fun things in the game, and a whole cottage industry has grown up around figuring out how to hoard every possible move in the game by mirroring it.

H

halp

hey its me again, the guy who made the post, i was under the impression that when you learn a move with mirror stance that its temporary not permanent (as the lizard prince himself said). do you get to keep the move? after the fight like any other move? if so i retract my statement.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Yep! You get to keep the ability for the rest of the game. So the stance actually works in the opposite way as Philander tells you: you don't get to use the move in combat when you learn it, but you can keep it around for later.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
hey its me again, the guy who made the post, i was under the impression that when you learn a move with mirror stance that its temporary not permanent (as the lizard prince himself said). do you get to keep the move? after the fight like any other move? if so i retract my statement.

Champ has special sauce, he keeps every power learned, but doesn't mirror it back.

Edit: Alypia got the fastest fingers around, no doubt.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Mirror Stance is basically the Blue Mage class from Final Fantasy, with allowances for mechanical differences between CoC2 and that franchise so it's super-useful as others have said. Like Kesil, finding it for the first time was my inspiration to create a new Champion who would be built around the mechanic from both an eventual gameplay hook (because it takes some time to get it) and a roleplaying one. Now if only Mirror Stance allowed you to steal a magicock after being fucked by one...