Mirrin has some nerve

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
I started training with Mirrin right, I was already at 100 tone from training with Ramis. But I am 6'5, and being 150 to 160 pounds was inking me so I thickened myself, and it wasn't until max that I got a realistic weight at 220.

But now while Mirrin likes my training and work ethic, she is acting like I am overweight. LIKE HOW!? has she seen herself? She is HUGE! I couldn't possible look thicker than her

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
BMI is calculated based on height and weight. Either increase your height or decrease your weight.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
BMI is calculated based on height and weight. Either increase your height or decrease your weight.
BMI is what the game goes by is what you are saying? you weren't just saying that like "well technically BMI considers that slightly overweight" type thing?

That if I do I slight adjustment the game would take that in to consideration?

Edit: also Ramis would be considered overweight by the same standard

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Not sure if the game code works that way, but it's possible. It'd certainly be strange if the game calls your character overweight with no basis whatsoever. Logically, it'd be safe to assume it has some kind of code to make such judgements.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Not sure if the game code works that way, but it's possible. It'd certainly be strange if the game calls your character overweight with no basis whatsoever. Logically, it'd be safe to assume it has some kind of code to make such judgements.
What I think is that the thickness stat itself is what it considers, which if at max thickness I am just barely considered overweight by BMI standards (which isn't the end all be all BTW, being 6'5 and 220 is perfectly normal) then the thickness stat itself is a flawed metric.

I have to be nearly maxed to be in normal range for a tall person. Originally I was 7 feet BTW, chose lithe and was 150 pounds. Is that a "lithe" 7 footer? Sure it's not "sickly"?

TheShepard256

What I think is that the thickness stat itself is what it considers
Correct. The "overweight" blurbs in Mirrin's content are gated behind having a Thickness of at least 65.
which if at max thickness I am just barely considered overweight by BMI standards (which isn't the end all be all BTW, being 6'5 and 220 is perfectly normal) then the thickness stat itself is a flawed metric.
According to a comment in the code, the Thickness stat was made with the idea that 0 Thickness is a BMI of 20 (underweight), 50 Thickness is a BMI of 25 (average weight) and 100 Thickness is a BMI of 30 (overweight). By this logic, 65 Thickness is a BMI of 26.5.
However, that's before factoring in other body parts such as breasts, butt, hips, cocks, balls and clits, as well as non-bipedal bodies, various weight-decreasing perks (all but one of which are specific to one type of weight) and any fluids inside you (whether they're your own or from someone else). The weight that's listed in the Codex stats page is your weight after accounting for all that stuff.

Also, BMI itself is a flawed metric, particularly for people of non-average heights like your Steele. Since it's based on weight divided by height squared, and weight scales with height cubed, it overestimates for tall people and underestimates for short people. An alternative formula (based on height^2.5) I found on Wikipedia would give your Steele a BMI of ~24.2.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
There's also the issue of Muscle vs Fat. High Thickness descriptions of high Tone implies most of your weight is Muscle, while low Tone implies it's mostly Fat.
In most conversation, we assume 'Overweight' is referring to someone with excessive Fat.

I've also heard that even in the real world, a lot of athletes are considered Overweight by BMI.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Correct. The "overweight" blurbs in Mirrin's content are gated behind having a Thickness of at least 65.

According to a comment in the code, the Thickness stat was made with the idea that 0 Thickness is a BMI of 20 (underweight), 50 Thickness is a BMI of 25 (average weight) and 100 Thickness is a BMI of 30 (overweight). By this logic, 65 Thickness is a BMI of 26.5.
However, that's before factoring in other body parts such as breasts, butt, hips, cocks, balls and clits, as well as non-bipedal bodies, various weight-decreasing perks (all but one of which are specific to one type of weight) and any fluids inside you (whether they're your own or from someone else). The weight that's listed in the Codex stats page is your weight after accounting for all that stuff.

Also, BMI itself is a flawed metric, particularly for people of non-average heights like your Steele. Since it's based on weight divided by height squared, and weight scales with height cubed, it overestimates for tall people and underestimates for short people. An alternative formula (based on height^2.5) I found on Wikipedia would give your Steele a BMI of ~24.2.
Thank you, so the game does not adjust weight based on height, but it does based on body parts. It's funny because it isn't like thickness varies your weight wildly to consider you fat.

Yeah if the game followed BMI saying 220 is overweight for 6'5, it would also be saying Ramis is overweight being 7'0 and 260.... and there is no way Mirrin's thick thighs is BMI approved.

There's also the issue of Muscle vs Fat. High Thickness descriptions of high Tone implies most of your weight is Muscle, while low Tone implies it's mostly Fat.
In most conversation, we assume 'Overweight' is referring to someone with excessive Fat.

I've also heard that even in the real world, a lot of athletes are considered Overweight by BMI.
Yeah my tone should override any of that. Mirrin is one to talk telling me I need to lose weight.

TheShepard256

Thank you, so the game does not adjust weight based on height, but it does based on body parts. It's funny because it isn't like thickness varies your weight wildly to consider you fat.
Actually, it does change your weight based in your height, it's just that it calculates BMI first and doesn't factor in your height until later:
Code:
// Simple BMI: 20 is underweight, 25 is average, 30 is overweight
var nBMI:Number = (25 + ((thickness - 50) / 10));
if (hasPerk("Hollow Bones")) nBMI -= perkv1("Hollow Bones"); // usually 10
if (nBMI < 5) nBMI = 5; // to avoid total weirdshit
// Raw body weight, assume without extra parts
var nWeight: Number = ((tallness / 12) * nBMI * (tallness / 75));
If you want all the details, the full code (assuming you can understand it) is at https://github.com/OXOIndustries/TiTS-Public/blob/master/classes/Creature.as, lines 21,487 to 21,730.

Also, just throwing it out there: my Steele is 2 metres (6'7") tall and weighs almost 92 kilograms (202.7 lbs) with full milk and cum, giving her a BMI of 23; without milk and cum, she's 83.4 kg (183.9 lbs), giving a BMI of 20.85. She has a Thickness of 25 and a Tone of 75. Of that mass, 3.6 kg (8 lbs) are in her breasts, 0.65 kg (1.4 lbs) are in her balls, 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs) are in her cock, and 5.4 kg (11.85 lbs) are in her butt.
Back when I wanted her to be rather chunky, she had a Thickness of 100 and a Tone of 0. This gave her a weight of 136.6 kg (301.2 lbs; BMI 34.15) with milk and cum, 109.4 kg (241.2 lbs; BMI 27.35) without.

Reactions: Baggrin

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Actually, it does change your weight based in your height, it's just that it calculates BMI first and doesn't factor in your height until later:
Code:
// Simple BMI: 20 is underweight, 25 is average, 30 is overweight
var nBMI:Number = (25 + ((thickness - 50) / 10));
if (hasPerk("Hollow Bones")) nBMI -= perkv1("Hollow Bones"); // usually 10
if (nBMI < 5) nBMI = 5; // to avoid total weirdshit
// Raw body weight, assume without extra parts
var nWeight: Number = ((tallness / 12) * nBMI * (tallness / 75));
If you want all the details, the full code (assuming you can understand it) is at https://github.com/OXOIndustries/TiTS-Public/blob/master/classes/Creature.as, lines 21,487 to 21,730.

Also, just throwing it out there: my Steele is 2 metres (6'7") tall and weighs almost 92 kilograms (202.7 lbs) with full milk and cum, giving her a BMI of 23; without milk and cum, she's 83.4 kg (183.9 lbs), giving a BMI of 20.85. She has a Thickness of 25 and a Tone of 75. Of that mass, 3.6 kg (8 lbs) are in her breasts, 0.65 kg (1.4 lbs) are in her balls, 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs) are in her cock, and 5.4 kg (11.85 lbs) are in her butt.
Back when I wanted her to be rather chunky, she had a Thickness of 100 and a Tone of 0. This gave her a weight of 136.6 kg (301.2 lbs; BMI 34.15) with milk and cum, 109.4 kg (241.2 lbs; BMI 27.35) without.
Huh? then how was I 150 at 7 feet and only 220 at max thickness??

TheShepard256

Huh? then how was I 150 at 7 feet and only 220 at max thickness??
Probably because Tone, and the size of your hips, butt, belly, cock and balls also matter. If your Thickness is greater than your Tone, your breasts, belly and butt all gain extra weight proportional to the difference between them (which also scales with height for the latter two). You said you have 100 Tone, right? That means those three body parts won't gain any extra weight from Thickness. The thicc version of my Steele had a Tone of 0, so she gained the maximum possible extra weight for those parts: 4.1 kg (9 lbs) breasts, a 0.6 kg (1.3 lbs) belly and a 6 kg (13.2 lbs) butt, which is ~1.7 kg (3.65 lbs) greater than her current form.

She also has rather large breasts (EE-cups when empty), cock (12" long, 3" wide) and balls (1'11" circumference), and a very large posterior (hip & butt ratings both 18), all of which contribute to her total weight. I estimate that those five together (breasts+belly+hips&butt+cock+balls) account for 12% of her thicc version's total body weight without fluids (14% for her normal form, who admittedly does have slightly smaller balls, at 1'3" circumference). If your Steele is rather flat/small in most or all those regards, then that's a significant reduction in body weight compared to my Steele.

Reactions: Grainy

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Probably because Tone, and the size of your hips, butt, belly, cock and balls also matter. If your Thickness is greater than your Tone, your breasts, belly and butt all gain extra weight proportional to the difference between them (which also scales with height for the latter two). You said you have 100 Tone, right? That means those three body parts won't gain any extra weight from Thickness. The thicc version of my Steele had a Tone of 0, so she gained the maximum possible extra weight for those parts: 4.1 kg (9 lbs) breasts, a 0.6 kg (1.3 lbs) belly and a 6 kg (13.2 lbs) butt, which is ~1.7 kg (3.65 lbs) greater than her current form.

She also has rather large breasts (EE-cups when empty), cock (12" long, 3" wide) and balls (1'11" circumference), and a very large posterior (hip & butt ratings both 18), all of which contribute to her total weight. I estimate that those five together (breasts+belly+hips&butt+cock+balls) account for 12% of her thicc version's total body weight without fluids (14% for her normal form, who admittedly does have slightly smaller balls, at 1'3" circumference). If your Steele is rather flat/small in most or all those regards, then that's a significant reduction in body weight compared to my Steele.
Well now this info helps, while I do think I should still be able to be heavier at 7 feet (or 6'5 like I now am) without oversized breasts or genitals, I st least understand how it works now, thanks you.