Minor Additions and/or Complaints

nobody99

Apr 12, 2017
Since (as far as I could tell) no-one's made (something like) this yet, I decided to create a thread for various minor features you and/or I want added to the game, as well as various minor gripes and errors that were overlooked/thought to be fixed; not big enough to be serious concerns (obviously), but still somewhat noticeable.

While I only have one so far, feel free to post more suggestions! I'll get to adding them eventually.

The List:
  1. Add a 'Hide/Disable Portraits' setting to the main menu; i.e. an option to hide the character portraits of the PC, your party members, and the enemies.

Last edited:

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Not to rain on any parades, but this game is on indefinite hiatus. Has been for over a year (last non-minor post was 04/28/2016). The project has lost multiple writers in the interim, and this sub forum has been pretty dead save for the occasional new poster who didn't know this. I can only speak for myself here, but though I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I also long exhausted its content, and I haven't touched it in so long I've forgotten too much to meaningfully participate here.

Out of curiosity however, what issue did you take with the portraits that you want an option to turn them off? (and as a possible answer, you may be able to remove them by deleting the files from the image folder, assuming you are playing the offline version. Back up first, of course)

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
It's a simple enough fix, that's I've pushed to the develop branch on github. Will probably take a while to make it to the play page here on fenoxo.com.

nobody99

Apr 12, 2017
Not to rain on any parades, but this game is on indefinite hiatus. Has been for over a year (last non-minor post was 04/28/2016). The project has lost multiple writers in the interim, and this sub forum has been pretty dead save for the occasional new poster who didn't know this. I can only speak for myself here, but though I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I also long exhausted its content, and I haven't touched it in so long I've forgotten too much to meaningfully participate here.

Ah, sorry, I simply thought to gather all of the complaints and ideas in one thread, rather than having to dig through the forums for each individual gripe and question, like i tried.

Out of curiosity however, what issue did you take with the portraits that you want an option to turn them off? (and as a possible answer, you may be able to remove them by deleting the files from the image folder, assuming you are playing the offline version. Back up first, of course)

As for your question, it seemed like a good idea, and it's only a small addition, so I thought "why not?": Some people prefer just text.

It's a simple enough fix, that's I've pushed to the develop branch on github. Will probably take a while to make it to the play page here on fenoxo.com.

Ah, thanks! Also, one last question: How do i GitHub?

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
For actual bugs, please make separate threads in the bug reports subforum.