Military Forms?

Malbutorius

Sep 4, 2016
So, I was thinking of creating a species, but honestly I wanted to ask first if the very basis of why I wanted to make it was even a good idea in the first place.

Would a transformation set designed explicitly to be difficult to attain and allow for heavy combat benefits even be allowed? From what I can tell of the current morphs in the game, very few of them have direct combat benefits, and even then are primarily fringe benefits such as the Frostfire morph or the Husky morph allowing you to go onto Uveto without harm.

Honestly, kind of thinking about it, I think the idea I have might actually be horrendously overpowered. But I'll post it in the general new races/codex's thread later if anyone finds it as an interesting what if.

Anyways, I imagine it as a morph created under a military contract to reconstruct an extinct biological weapon in a controlled manner by designing a morph based on the original fossils to enhance already loyal soldiers into being outright super soldiers. For my personal idea, it would involve a quest line that requires you to go to multiple planets just to reach the first stage, involving collecting genetic samples from powerful monsters to fill in the gaps created by time and natural degradation, allowing for it to be feasibly upgraded over time as the side quest line advances, disconnected from the main plot but easily allowing you to perform it during the same time frame.

Of course, this would come at the cost of time and wealth investment along with the fact you have to stick to the combat morph and can't get a lot of cool and unique transformations. Although quite a few will likely be allowed, depending on how you want to play it.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
One of the primary draws of Fengames is that they're a richly nuanced character creator.  You're allowed to customize almost every aspect of the Champion and Captain Steele to be exactly how you want them to look, after which you can take them out into the world and have sex with all sorts of other characters.

Having a transformation that provides combat benefits runs directly counter to this goal by providing pressure to take a specific form.  Unless you find that specific form to be incredibly hot, you're forced to choose between mechanical effectiveness in the game and your vision for Captain Steele.  We definitely don't want to repeat the mistake of CoC's kitsune, who gave a direct passive benefit (reduced spell fatigue) that made them the master race.  No, it wasn't a big difference, and would probably only matter in the case of the minotaur king because that's the only difficult fight in the game, but it's bad design because players often feel compelled to minmax even when there's no real point.

You can still create a transformation that you personally think looks fucking badass, and I encourage you to do so.  I'd even encourage you to make it part of an event like you describe if you have a story that works.  Give it physique slow stat gain at the cost of something else being reduced, which is the agreed-upon standard for stat-altering transformations.  It just can't have combat perks on top of that, or increase a stat with no reduction to others.

Malbutorius

Sep 4, 2016
Suppose the idea wouldn't fit the bill. Oh well, they were basically Xenomorph expies anyways.

Now, to get to work on their balanced form and story line, I was planning on Steele Tech being in charge of the research station, but you know what? This kind of genetic engineering for Military Usage is almost certainly going to be done by a grey area entrepreneur. Also, is an increase in libido a drawback or an upside stat wise strictly speaking?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Neither.  Libido isn't a combat stat, it affects lust gain while walking around.  Your goals determine the ideal value, I usually keep it around 20.

Malbutorius

Sep 4, 2016
Hmm... Suppose that's fair. Considering these things were meant to be biological weapons, perhaps taking a hit to Will as they were originally designed to be used as such?

Questions questions, I'll try to get the lore done first though. The mechanics can come later.

Malbutorius

Sep 4, 2016
Sorry for double posting, but would it be theoretically alright to allow one of the later stages of the transformation to make the player immune to vacuum environments similar to how the Frostfire Transformation makes the player immune to Uveto's cold?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Nonsense, we're often forced to choose between fashion and function in all kinds of games.