Meta Thoughts on Mechanics and Balance

Apr 27, 2017
I'll Start with Chi Reflow, By orgonizing them in my opinion from best to worse.

Chi Reflow-Lust - Lust resistance and Tease are enhanced, but Libido and Senetivity gains increase.
Reasons simple. It provies a benefit even if potentially neglibable with a very non issue negetive.

Chi Reflow- Attack - Regular Attacks booster, but damage resistance decreases.
Solid Benefit, and very workable negetive.

Chi Reflow- Magic - Increase Spell Effect, decrease regular attack damage.
*shrug* Negligable spell benefit for a comparitivly large hit to attack dmg. You can get spell mult quite high (and its dmg to me always seems suboptimal), but can't get attack multiplyer nearly so high. Winds up weighted so the Con seems substantially larger than the Pro.

Chi Reflow- Speed - Caps Strength at 50, and halves losses to speed.
A huge loss to strength taking you below even the 60 strength for optimal double attcks (more on that later) for a laughable benefit thats at best a small convenience.

Chi Reflow- Defense - Passive damage resistance, but caps speed.
Caps speed at 60 which takes you beneath some perk requirments in exchange for a non consequential dmg resistence. BUT for what ever reason my total dmg resistance went down so not sure what thats about, but it seems like all CON.

What I think should be changed is.

Chi Reflow- Lust - Increase Lust Based Damage, Decrease Lust resistence (just makes sense right?)

Chi Reflow- Magic - 10% spell bonus with the same affect as Ascension: Mysticality. So the +10% applys stacking with Mysticality after every other spell bonus. If your Spell Mult is already 500% than after This it'd be 550% Which is a bit better than 525%, Though with -20% attack dmg it still seems weighted to me in Con, at 20% bonus make when take to the extreme pull its dmg consistently above attack (albeit with a cost and I assume with out crits [does magic crit]), but a potential 100% spell benefit seems a bit much so maybe +10% Mysticality, and -10% spell Cost.

Chi Reflow - Speed - Change the Strength cap to a penalty of -50 instead. This makes your natural limit beneath the optimal double attack (I'll revisit this later).

Chi Reflow - Defense - Well Don't wind up objectivly worse than you started to start, but also Instead of capping speed make it a penalty of -25 or -30 if you're so inclined to go beneath some perk requirments,
also maybe add armor if dmg resistence is to finicky.

And Now onto Some Bought Perks.

Double Attack - To me this is the biggest offender. You can Get your Strength up quite high between Might, and "Racial Modifiers", but when contended against Double Attack no matter how high your strength for the affects of dmg its alost always going to be less optimal to use single attacks. I feel lIke this penalizes strength centic charactor concept and reduces strength past 60 to just getting out of grapples. Also I'm not sure how this incluences attacks that don't use strength for there dmg calculations. So I feel like It ought to just be an attack modifier of 0.6x making your attacks 40% weaker per hit but between the 2 of them come out ahead no matter. It is a bought combat perk afterall so should be a Netgain, but this gets rid of some of what I'll call "meta Jankiness".
TLDR - (Fuck all the stat noise and requirments, make it a flat 0.6x dmg mult on regular attacks.)

Unhindered - Misdirection a free perk does the same thing with the added benefit of 1 defense making from a meta perspective objectivly better. By default its a pretty bad deal, with a trade off of potentially HIGH defense and some status affect resistances with heavy armor for 10 dodge which is lame. So first off to spice it up (though its probably a pain in the ass) Include most clothes in its affects (get rid of the defense bonuses if you care) So you can where a nice suit or some adventures clothes which would be great for flavor. Secondly Include the affects of the best spell casting robes (non stacking), and slutty seduction(non stacking) so you don't have to contend what ever flavor you'd like with mechanical benefits of other clothes. Lastly include it in more narrative encounters for avoiding dangers.
TLDR - (Give it some flavor by letting me wear nice suits, and don't have it fall short mechanicly to other clothes[or lack there of].)

OK Now to Revisit Chi Flow - Speed, like I said I would. While Keeping the Changes to Double attack in mind.

(Again) Chi Flow - Speed - Now the Penalty to strength is more relevant. Its 50 less than standard max instead of just 10 (for damage) . Providing a real disadvantage to strength based attacks and breaking free of grapples.
You can avoid much of the penalty by using non strength centric attack so even at -50 strength its still workable depending on how you fight which makes it good for flavor, but potentially makes the only cons grapple checks, and perk and amor/weapon requirments (also if you count as a con some scenes where people can take advantage of you.) So for pros I'm not really sure how far to go, but I'll start by suggestion +20 in addition to halving stat loss.

Thats all I can think of For perks at present so I'll go to my other contention transformation scores.
Demoonic tongue doesn't count towards demonic score for some reason.
Basalisk Eyes don't provide a bonus to lizard score until after you've already been qualified as a lizian.
Elvin Ears only seems to be apart of -score and goblins. Maybe include them for spiders since the drider seem to have them (right?).
Lastly I don't like 2 points from demon being tied to corruption just because I go from 100 to 0 every other day. Presently its if you have normal skin and face you receive +1 demon score (each) if you have 50 or more corruption. I'd rather it be tied to a minimum score like have 2 demon score and normal face and or skin for another +1 (each)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@PerpetuallyAmiss What your thught to make Double attack been using only 95% or 90% of pc current str to count dmg dealt. This way it would be possible to add even thrid one attack with even lower % on each single attack in whole seried or attacks each round. And to add on top of it some small fatigue cost if PC attack more than once per turn.

Apr 27, 2017
@PerpetuallyAmiss What your thught to make Double attack been using only 95% or 90% of pc current str to count dmg dealt. This way it would be possible to add even thrid one attack with even lower % on each single attack in whole seried or attacks each round. And to add on top of it some small fatigue cost if PC attack more than once per turn.

@Ormael
10% off of strength is so insubstantial it might as well not even be a penalty. The reason I propose a 0.6x mult (40% less dmg per hit) is because you still have a net gain of 20% and it doesn't have a bias towards any stat. 20% might seem negligable but double attacks synergize well with other attacks farthering the gain. Armor piercing, and armor reduction being the most obvious. Some more specific examples would be The spiked gauntlets which double there chance to stun and there upgraded version to inflict bleed. The same applies to the warhammer for stun atleast. In summary in its current state it doesn't reward high strength and has a bias for weapons that use speed and intellect for damage. By changing it as I suggest its still a netplus with good synergy to other perks and weapons with out a bias for any stat.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Are you talking about Revamp, Basilisk mod or Xianxia?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@PerpetuallyAmiss Making it 60% of current str would be good if we go with only keeping it max 2 attacks per turn. As going with this small increase to overeal dps in each round if we want to have say...6 attacks it will be only 200%. I not certain if Kitteh wil want make more than two attacks a thing for his mod but as said by Zavos there is other mod that do have those 6 attacks (or 3 with large weapon). So that option to give more than one attack still was divided for what type of melee weapon PC use (staff, first type aka gaunlets, large or any other one). And those with special effects are either gaunlets or large one weapons (only lust dagger is exception) so by making diff how many max amount of attacks PC could do depending on weapon used would be another factor that can help balance to not make best option of heavy weapon with stun chnce been BiS weapon.

If you feel you want to see how looks ingame thius dismishing % dmg values when it come to multi melee weapon attacks you can give a chance to Xianxia mod.