Meeting Astra Ignorant.

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
Not entirely sure if it's possible this way but, there's only two ways that I know of to get Shade off of Myr land. You can simply do the main quest and find out she is family or if you do Kara's quest after the bit where you meet Shade. You can encounter her again during that quest and depending on what you say, she might simply leave you and Myr alone so she would be at Uveto.

Now I don't know if you can encounter Shade on Uveto after that as I immediately felt terrible and reloaded a save before I started Kara's quest so I don't know the exact ramifications or if you can meet her that way again but, It's possible I suppose.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Not entirely sure if it's possible this way but, there's only two ways that I know of to get Shade off of Myr land. You can simply do the main quest and find out she is family or if you do Kara's quest after the bit where you meet Shade. You can encounter her again during that quest and depending on what you say, she might simply leave you and Myr alone so she would be at Uveto.

Now I don't know if you can encounter Shade on Uveto after that as I immediately felt terrible and reloaded a save before I started Kara's quest so I don't know the exact ramifications or if you can meet her that way again but, It's possible I suppose.
Wanted to meet them without her being pissed or otherwise leery of hanging with Astra.
You can't because that is not written yet.
So we wait for More stormgaurd work to come at it that way?

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
Wanted to meet them without her being pissed or otherwise leery of hanging with Astra.
Well that's the only two ways for now, there might be something written later as Zat said but, for now it's either find out she is your sister and choose to keep quiet about it or not, or slightly betray Shade and try to work through that issue.

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
I wasn't aware that Astra was even implemented at all.
There's a short scene with Shade and Her that you can see but, Individually with just Astra there isn't anything yet.

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
And how do you trigger that?
It's during Shade's Uveto Introduction.

Taken from the Wiki:
Currently, Astra only appears alongside her mother in Shade's Uveto introduction.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
You need a positive relationship Shade introduction. Telling her she's your sister and not fucking her or hiding it and not fucking her. Not sure about hiding it and fucking her.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Wait Shade can ask about Kaede?
I only proc'd it by accident, as I was already lovers with Shade when Kaede's visit to Myrellion went public. I talked to her, slept with her, and then afterwards Shade saw us parting ways and asked about it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Wait Shade can ask about Kaede?

Yes, if you trigger Kaede's Myrellion encounter after having met Shade (and her still being at the bar). It's a fairly rare proc, so here's the text:

{if Shade is at the bar, PC's fucked her:

As you're making your way towards the door, you hear a sharp whistle from over in the corner. Turning to look, you see Shade sitting in her usual spot with her feet propped up on top of the table. She crooks a finger at you, beckoning you over.

You head over to your lover's table and take a seat opposite her.

Shade looks you up and down slowly with her golden feline eyes. After a silent moment, she says, "Cute girl you found yourself."

You glance around awkwardly. Maybe you misunderstood something, but you never got the impression Shade would have thought you and her were anything like exclusive.

She scowls. "Not what I meant. You knew her already, didn't you? That didn't look like a pickup to me."

What the... "Yeah, I know Kaede."

"Kaede, is it?" she murmurs, the hostility fading from her voice. "Kaede Faell, right?"

"Entara," you correct. "What's this all about, Shade?"

The cat-woman grunts and rubs her temple. "Doesn't matter. Nevermind, kid."

You cross your arms. No way she's just blowing you off after that... whatever that was. Shade sighs and leans back in her chair, arms crossing right back at you and hefting up the smooth swells of her ample bust. "She reminded me of somebody. Somebody I care about a great deal."

"Oh?"

After a moment's consideration, Shade finally answers: "I have a daughter. Astra. The girl you were talking to... she reminded me a great deal of my daughter's sire. Younger, of course. that's all."

You shrug, saying you don't know anything about that.

"Like I said, doesn't really matter," Shade says, turning her attention back to the holo-terminal on her table. "Would have been a strange coincidence, nothing more. Though I would have liked to meet her, if that was true. Anyway, I'm sure you have more important things to do than listen to me ramble. Go on."

//Shade var. ends, back to bar menu}

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well that's neat, and makes me want to see where that plot thread goes.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Now that is certainly interesting. And definitely a plot I'd love to see developed at some stage.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
There's a variable on play there, too. If Kara's personality falls on the 'hard' category, she'll execute Shade on the second part of the quest. What exactly happens with Astra on that scenario? And what, if any is the relationship between the orphaned young woman and their cousin Steele (the PC, not Jack).

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Probably not, given that while Shade has only an inkling about Kaede, so its not like she's going to say to Astra "Oh, by the way, Amara sired another kid called Kaede."

I could be possible that Astra knows she has half-siblings somewhere but she doesn't seem to be in a rush to find them.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Amara: "So, enough people RSVP'd that I figured I'd just go ahead and book the Tavros Convention Center."

Kaede: O_O;;
At least Kaede can take comfort in her slutty parent not being nearly as slutty as our slutty parent.
Amara Faell, giving the late Victor Steele a run for his money :p
From what I understand of everyone's ages, Victor has had 5 times the time to leave a trail of bastards across the stars. So I doubt Amara is really close.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Ah the Faell and Steele families appearing on Family Fortunes.

Gonna need a bigger stage. Preferrably one with a reinforced floor.