Man of the house V0.5.7 - updated 10/29/17

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017

Update:

V0.5.7 has been released for Patrons and there's a new public release as well v0.5.5.
You can download it at my Patreon page: http://www.patreon.com/faerin

Game description

In this game you will play as a young adult, who is living together with his attractive (step)mother and 2 hot (step)sisters, in a city filled with even more gorgeous women!
Each NPC has their own storyline and you get to decide when and where you would like to explore and which girl you want to pursue. Every update will expand on existing storylines, but also on adding new locations, girls, jobs, events, etc.

New in this version

The game engine is completely done now and the first part of the storyline for Ashley has been developed. In the coming updates I will focus on further developing Ashley's storyline, as well as adding Veronica's and mom's.

I would really appreciate it if you would let me know what your thoughts are on the gameplay, interface, artwork, storyline, etc!

And please let me know which character you would like to see developed first and if you have any cool ideas or comments!

All the best,
Faerin

Last edited:

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Why is (step) in brackets like that? Do you get to choose whether it's real incest or step incest, or is it just step incest but you're being twee about it because you're pretending its real incest even though it's not?

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017
Why is (step) in brackets like that? Do you get to choose whether it's real incest or step incest, or is it just step incest but you're being twee about it because you're pretending its real incest even though it's not?

It is an actual choice before you start playing, it changes the wording in the dialogs and events (and a bit of the story).

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
It is an actual choice before you start playing, it changes the wording in the dialogs and events (and a bit of the story).
Right, that's cool. Personally I never see the point in going out of your way to cater to people who like step-incest but turn up their noses at real incest, but as long as it's a choice then it really doesn't matter either way.

A lesson I wish more people could grasp...

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017
A lesson I wish more people could grasp...

Totally agree with you there, but hey, as a developer I learned a long time ago that I have to cater to a wider audience as well (without selling my soul of course) ;)
Thanks for the feedback!!

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I hate the mood system. With how little most things improve hunger, sleep, hygiene, and stress and the 8 hour block afterwards it's nearly impossible to be in a good mood at the same time as an event provides a chance to improve affection. Especially night and morning events (at least half of all events currently in game) when the bathroom is almost constantly in use at the same time as available interactions. In spite of my best attempts I can barely see a movie with the little sister, and I've never been able to say good night to her or rub the mother's feet. I'm honestly surprised no one else has mentioned this so far given the need for a good mood for most events.

Otherwise I like the game. If stats dropped slower or improved more the obstacles would be a lot less of a problem (or players would be locked into the in-game schedule to keep a good mood) but as is it just feels like I'm being arbitrarily locked out of existing content.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017
I hate the mood system. .

Actually it's possible to keep a high mood all the time, by maximizing the lock period of 8 hours. If you refresh a certain need only when the lock is about to expire, it will always be locked and never decrease.
But yeah, it's still kinda hard right now if you don't know the trick, I will balance this better in the next version, because I don't want juggling your needs to feel like a tedious task.

Thanks for the feedback!

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
I am thoroughly impressed with the game so far. I agree that it can be hard to juggle all the mood requirements, and I think the random encounters could do with some work, but above all I am impressed with the phone system. The messages let the characters act on their own desires (not just due to direct action from the player) and this gives them much needed life. The individual characters' timetables also help, and stumbling across vignettes feels like an actual reward rather than an arbitrary gate. I suspect I missed a lot of the content, but I enjoyed the bits I saw.

Is there a website through which we could track the game's progress?

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017
I am thoroughly impressed with the game so far. I agree that it can be hard to juggle all the mood requirements, and I think the random encounters could do with some work, but above all I am impressed with the phone system. The messages let the characters act on their own desires (not just due to direct action from the player) and this gives them much needed life. The individual characters' timetables also help, and stumbling across vignettes feels like an actual reward rather than an arbitrary gate. I suspect I missed a lot of the content, but I enjoyed the bits I saw.

Is there a website through which we could track the game's progress?

Thanks for the nice feedback!
The game has progressed a lot since I posted it here, this friday v0.5.6 will be released!

You can read more about it on my Patreon page: www.patreon.com/faerin

Musicfruit

Nov 6, 2016
Is there an free walktrough for the public release? I'm not sure if I found everything for the little sister, even trough I have her special stat maxed, also I wonder if it's worth to grind the arousal stat of the mother higher in this release.

Overall I really liked it, even it took me an while to find the gym and they way to unlock mothers new stat. Seems an bit unbalanced right now how you progress everyone.
The handy idea is nice, just an bit bad that only the little sister uses it. Some messages from the mother (of course no smut) would be nice.

Faerin

Jul 14, 2017
Is there an free walktrough for the public release? I'm not sure if I found everything for the little sister, even trough I have her special stat maxed, also I wonder if it's worth to grind the arousal stat of the mother higher in this release.

Overall I really liked it, even it took me an while to find the gym and they way to unlock mothers new stat. Seems an bit unbalanced right now how you progress everyone.
The handy idea is nice, just an bit bad that only the little sister uses it. Some messages from the mother (of course no smut) would be nice.

Hi Musicfruit, thanks for the feedback!
There are no public walkthroughs available at this time (as this is an extra for Patrons), but the latest version (v0.5.7) shows all available events in the form of achievements, so you should be able to track if you got everything.
If you need any specific help feel free to mail me or join the discussion on Discord: https://discord.gg/j5wGjg2