Make enemies level with you?

atar

Oct 16, 2015
How hard would a difficulty modifier that made enemies on planets you've been to increase their level (boost HP, attack, damage, lust damage, etc.) be to implement as a toggle-able feature?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
No idea, the idea of just thinking about the coding involved makes my head hurt and I know next to nothing about coding lol I'm only one of those cheap whoremaster copy paste editors when it comes to games that rely on XML files :D

Reactions: ShySquare

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So, every enemy's stats are hand-picked and hard coded; they don't follow some formula we can just tweak. So without overhauling a bunch of stuff, this probably isn't possible.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
IMO that's soooo bad idea, level scalling kills the sense of progress in the game. Have you played Oblivion?
Very, very poor example. As the two games are nothing alike. And vanilla Oblivion's only flaw with scaling was making enemies' health scale too highly per character level without a cap.

Mar 20, 2018
Italy
IMO that's soooo bad idea, level scalling kills the sense of progress in the game. Have you played Oblivion?
While I do agree in that I would rather not have enemies level w/ me, Oblivion is more the devs doing a goof than a problem with scaling itself.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

atar

Oct 16, 2015
I have, and I worded my request carefully. I don't want ALL enemies to be my level. I want older enemies to level up so that if I revisit the zil the fact that they aren't all level 1 baddies anymore.

atar

Oct 16, 2015
So, every enemy's stats are hand-picked and hard coded; they don't follow some formula we can just tweak. So without overhauling a bunch of stuff, this probably isn't possible.
Damn. So it would be easier to have a flag then perhaps that would replace all the monsters on a planet with a higher level variant? Say levels 5 and 10? Or would that be just as complex?