Lovance Saga (In Rp, NSFW, Group)

Coltshan

Jul 21, 2018
In the industrious southern regions of Thaldis, the southern bastion of Thaldroon stood tall if a bit battered as countless refugees and brave, possibly foolish souls came and went. To flee or to fight against the rising shadow.
It is in the central courtyard that the Governor's Castellan had called for adventurers and the retainers of the kingdoms legacy for an important task.

"Hear ye, hear ye, sons and daughters of the Grey Wanderer, and of Thaldis, lend me your ears and strength."

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Bridget waited patiently for the speech to continue, standing amid the throng with her eyes fixed firmly on the source of the voice. She was gratified by the large turnout, having faith that the skill and experience of those present would be more than up to the difficult task ahead of them. She prayed to the gods that she herself would not be found wanting, and made another silent entreaty for the safety of her comrades and the land as a whole. She took a moment to wipe her brow clean of sweat, the afternoon sun bearing down on her with a vengeance. Her clothes helped to preserve her modesty, yet did little to keep out the heat. Still, such temporal concerns were inconsequential compared to the scene at hand. She wouldn't miss a single word of the speech or its meaning. She took a deep breath, causing her large breasts to jiggle slightly as she exhaled, and palmed the holy symbol in her left hand.

Hold on Rebecca, wherever you are I will find you and deliver you from evil.

This thought filled her head with an intensity as hot as the blazing sun as she steeled herself for the challenges ahead.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
This oughta be good…” said one of the mercenaries – a scarred young man - under his breath.

Eren shifted his weight from one leg to the other. It was standing room only in the courtyard, and he hadn’t been lucky enough to get a spot by the walls. At least he wasn’t weighed down by heavy armor or thick robes, like some of the poor bastards who’d shown.

He was surprised at how many there were. All he’d been told so far was that this was some important mission that called for any able-bodied warriors willing to put their life on the line. Selatal forbid they actually say what the job was beforehand.

"So, what do you reckon it is?" he idly asked the person next to him, "A big monster, a lot of monsters, or just some noble's relative gone missing?"

OmegaUmbra

Ettrian was only half listening to the grand speech being spoken. His eyes staring off into the distance with thoughts far from the courtyard. A moment rarely passed without the wellbeing of his daughter being at the forefront of his mind. Wondering where he must have went wrong to earn such scorn. Was it not punishment enough to relegate himself to that of a common thief, but to lose his only progeny as well? So many things he could have done better, things he should not have said, cursing under his breath assured the cause of Sumina's departure was due to his own misdoings. Distracting as the current situation was the blazing sun blaring down upon him proved quite bothersome. Moving the long strands of golden hair from his face with a groan. For goodness sakes, it was as though the gods were taunting him. Perhaps leather was indeed as stupidly impractical as he had feared.

Shaken from his bout of brooding Ettrian had noticed two figures across either sides of him. A young priestess judging by her garb and the symbol gripped tight in her hands, and a man nearly the same height dressed far smarter for the occasion than himself. While unsure if the stranger's query was meant for him he surely did have a reply.

"Haven't the faintest idea. Though if it were a noble they would have been found post haste by the servants, I can promise that much. Whatever it is, it must be troubling to pull us all out into this boiling heat."

Last edited:

Coltshan

Jul 21, 2018
"I must ask three things of these, to find Prince Selatal, whom has disappeared from the area, be it agents of the roses or traitors we know not. His safety and whereabouts are paramount beyond anything else. Second is to find an panacea for the Governor's illness caused unto him by a vile demon while bringing his Majesty from the capital years ago. And third is to retake the Grantham Wayfort at the edge of the peninsula and the mainland, our first and most important staging point in retaking our homeland. Each goal will be rewarded amply along with supply and auxiliary benefits. That is all, may the Orthodoxy bless us with holy flame..." He says dismissing everyone gathered to accomplish their objectives.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Bridget raised an eyebrow at that. She had expected the speech to be longer and more detailed. The brevity of the thing, combined with how dismissive it felt, made the whole thing seem rather anticlimactic. Regardless, these were all noble quests indeed and Bridget would do everything in her power to see them achieved. The potential rewards were inconsequential to her, she would assist purely because her faith and conscience demanded it. Anything gained from the quest she could donate to the poor and needy. She had heard two men talking nearby and now turned to speak to them. If they were to be her comrades, it was only right that they get to know each other. A well dressed elf who stood with poise and bearing flanked a grizzled human dressed in attire more fitting for the weather. Both men were very handsome in their own way, and Bridget did her best not to dwell on that fact lest it drive her to temptation. She gave them a warm and genuine smile.

''It is certainly a beautiful day is it not? Truly a sign that the gods look favourably upon her noble quest! I am Sister Bridget Leclair, priestess of the Suntear Orthodoxy. It is wonderful to meet you!''

Bridget was not just being polite, she meant every word.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"That's it?" Cassandra muttered out loud. Just give vague directions to the general populace, and hope for the best? No wonder this place was falling apart. Well, this certainly wouldn't do. Pulling her sword from its sheath, she held it over her head, and channeled her magic through the blade, causing it to flare with a brilliant light for a moment, to get the crowd's attention. Once they had quieted down a bit, she began to speak.
"I, Cassandra Tremaine, will take on the duty of clearing the wayfort. I passed through it on my way here, and am well famiar with its layout, and defenses. The enemy will be numerous, but by my blade, we will cast this filth from our lands!" With that, she urged the tip of her ade into the cobblestone street, sending a web of cracks through the stone that stopped just shy of the feet of those who had gathered around her. "Is anyone with me?" she finally demanded.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Eren turned to the man elf that he'd spoken to, smirking. "'Found by the servants,' huh?"

It was a bit underwhelming, given the hype. He was tempted to write off two out of three jobs right away: missing persons in this era were usually a lost cause, and he didn't know enough about medicine to help with the malady. Not unless it involved ripping some rare ingredient from a beast's still-warm corpse, anyway.

He raised an eyebrow at the cute cleric girl that had spoken to them, but was interrupted by Cassandra's declaration as he opened his mouth to respond.

"...Now that's more what I was expecting," he said, when she had finished. "Maybe a bit too flashy, but I ain't gonna criticize."

He looked back to the elf and the priestess, and nodded in Cassandra's direction. "Reckon I'll be joinin' her cohort, then. What about you two?"

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Bridget was taken aback by the knights passionate declaration and display, although she was delighted to see it. It gratified her to know that she wasn't the only one with a sense of duty and a desire to see the evil that had so infected their homeland cast out. She had no doubt that Cassandra could back up her words with actions, for even at a first glance one could tell that she was strong. Her confidence and determination would serve her in good stead in the coming days. The man she was speaking to echoed her sentiments exactly and she responded in kind.

''Yes that sounds like a marvellous idea!''

Bridget waited for a response from the Elf, she wouldn't want to make assumptions about his intentions after all.

OmegaUmbra

Ettrian sighed in response, of course things couldn't be so simple. "I shouldn't have spoken so soon."

The speech was about as captivating as he had expected. The only real draw seeming to be the rewards that could be gathered from such an excursion. As much as he wanted to turn his nose up at the thought of missing royalty the comparison to his own runaway child struck a cord. He knew what it was like. And very well couldn't turn his back to it.

The High Elf was no warrior. It was clear this was a step above his level of expertise. Would they really be able to-
His train of thought was derailed by the words of the tall, knightly woman.

He could only stare in amazement at Cassandra's display. Flashy indeed but damn if it didn't encapsulate the ferocity that was needed. To hell with it. He wasn't going to sit back and let the Cross of Roses claim more innocent victims, tear the kingdom he had worked his life away in to sunders. With a grin Ettrian gave a short bow to the group.

"I could not agree more. Ettrian Larethaine, a pleasure to make your acquaintances."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra was already laying out plans with the few who had gathered around her. A direct assault would be ill advised. While demons were not the most disciplined fighters, they were in a well made defensive fortification. Infiltration would probably be their best bet, but how to go about it?

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''The pleasure is all mine, I am delighted that we will be working together! I have no doubt that we will accomplish great things! The gods surely smile upon us!''

Bridget gave a beaming smile, delighted that they were all on the same page and enjoying Ettrian's slightly theatrical greeting. She looked forward to getting to know them better, and felt herself fortunate to find herself working with such friendly and promising allies. True, she had just met the pair of them, but she always preferred to see the best in people and eternal optimism was her bread and butter.

''Excellent! Then I think its time we introduced ourselves''

Bridget cocked her head towards Cassandra, eyes filled with excitement and happiness.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra remembered that there was an old grotto not for from the fort that connected to the underground river that the fort's well drew from, they could make use of that. They could also try using a distractiooooooohhhhhh fuck. Coming towards her gathering was something she really didn't need right now. A small group of adventurous looking individuals, with a woman at their front; a priestess by the look of the habit was wearing. A habit that had been moistened by the hot midday sun, and was now sticking to the woman like wet tissue paper, as every step she took made her massive breasts and hips bounce and sway, and made Cassandra's codpiece tighten considerably; thank the god's she was wearing her armor.
She nodded as the group approached, doing her damndest not to stare.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''Greetings Lady Tremaine, I am Bridget Leclair, and these are my companions Ettrian Larethaine and... I am dreadfully sorry, I did not catch your name good sir how rude of me!''

Bridget said this to the grizzled looking human man, before remembering what she was doing and getting back to the conversation at hand. She blushed slightly in embarrassment as she continued.

''At any rate, we heard your passionate entreaty for aid, and we would be delighted to assist you if you would be willing to work with us!''

Bridget said this with a bright smile, with a look in her eyes so earnest that one would think it came from a child.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra looked between the three of them. The big man looked promising, but the elf and especially the priestess looked a little under equipped; for combat, at least. "Well, more hands are always welcome, but what do you bring to the cause?" she asked, matter of factly.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Bridget took no offense to Cassandra's question, holding her quarterstaff to emphasise her words.

''By the will of the gods, I can heal injuries with magic! As well as that I can provide support with fire magic!''

Bridget said this with passion, having full confidence in her abilities and what she could contribute to the group.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
The scarred man raised his eyebrow at the other two. "Well, they're eager; I'll give 'em that."

He extended a hand to Cassandra and nodded. "Name's Eren. Think we might've been on the same battlefield once or twice before, but I don't believe we've met personally." He paused, looking the Steel Countess up and down.

"Somehow, I thought you'd be taller."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Most men do," she replied, returning the handshake with equal force. "You look familiar, as well, though faces do tend to blend together on a battlefield."

OmegaUmbra

Ettrian froze at the question, though his face hardly showed any sort of bother. Explaining his less-than-legal skill set would take a measure of carefully placed words. While charisma came in no short supply he wasn't entirely sure the stern knightess would buy it, nor the scarred man at her front. Plus in the face of holy magic and brute strength sneaking around good didn't sound very impressive. However considering the circumstances there was little else he could do, than what he always did. Stretch the truth.

"I am skilled in the art of infiltration and stealth. There isn't a locked door I couldn't find my way into. Admittedly I may not be the strongest physically, but I assure you I'll fight to my last regardless. That, and my aim with a bow isn't too shabby." He accentuated this with a tap on the limb tip of it.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Fiara listened to the speech, standing on the rooftop of a building with her arms crossed. While it was no substitute for a royal balcony, it still was better than having to push through grounds and be bunched up tight in a crowd.

She quickly noticed the figures of Bridget, Cassandra, Ettrian, and Eren having gathered; all of them quite exceptional, standing out from the rest of the crowd. Maybe they could help…

The catfolk Princess, not hesitating for an instant, quickly made her way down from the roof to the ground, employing her feline agility to move between ledges and rooftops, sliding and jumping with finesse. Once on the ground, she strode up to the group. “Excuse me, but are you planning on going on this quest?” she asked. “I plan on doing the same and think that if we were to assist one another, we might make a valuable team.”

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Bridget turned to the source of the voice and smiled warmly in return. Whoever this catfolk was they had a noble, almost regal air to them, and their clothes lent themselves to this supposition, even if they were a tad ahem provocative in some ways. Regardless, Bridget was delighted that another wished to join them on their journey, the more the merrier after all!

''Indeed we are and I wholeheartedly agree! I for one would be delighted to have you on board, and I'm sure my companions feel the same!''

Bridget waited for a response from her allies, but she doubted they would turn down an offer of more help. She then quickly introduced herself and the others to her new ally.

''It truly is a pleasure to meet you miss?...

The priestess cocked her said to the side as she asked that question.

Coltshan

Jul 21, 2018
As the heroes prepared to make their excursion, they would first have to venture through the Jivalti No Man's Land, where scorched earth tactics were employed to deny the enemy any cover or territory, still, scavengers and other small demons pick at the bones and worms in the dirt. If one could not handle this land, they had no chance of surviving the forest and the Wayfort.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra nodded to the elf, and then looked to the nun again, as well as the approaching cat-woman. "Can the two of you handle yourselves in the wilds, or on a battlefield? No man's land is no place for non-combatants," she stated.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''I admit I don't have much experience in either area, but I am a quick study and am prepared to face any challenge that comes my way! Besides I am hardly defenceless so you don't have to worry!''

Bridget said this with conviction, bringing her quarterstaff down on the ground to emphasise her point, the vibrations causing her breasts to shake along with it. She seemed oblivious to this fact however, and merely smiled confidently at Cassandra.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra's sword came out in a flash, swinging over her head in a heavy arch, and coming down straight at Bridget's head.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Bridget's eyes widened at that and she brought her quarterstaff up to defend herself, just narrowly using it to keep Cassandra's sword at bay. Thankfully the wood it was made from was solid and strong, so it was not damaged too badly. She assumed that Cassandra had done this to test whether she could back up her words with actions. Still, it was rather rude and it hurt Bridget's feelings a bit. She wouldn't hold a grudge however, as much as she would care for an apology.

''I trust I have performed to your satisfaction?''

Bridget asked this as she did her best to calm her pounding heart.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Cassandra withdrew her sword, and nodded. "As long as we don't need to babysit you, it's fine. Now, does anybody have any other skills they'd like to share before we head out? I'd rather not have a bunch of magical bullshit come flying out of nowhere in the middle of battle," she said, as she sheathed her sword. "I, for one can magically empower my weapons, armor, and body," she declared.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
"None that I'm aware of," said Eren from the sidelines. Unrelenting force was not a magical power.

"But I do have something to think about before we leave. Would it be better to all go in one big group, for protection? Or should we split into smaller, more discrete groups and rendezvous somewhere near the fort?"

OmegaUmbra

Cassandra's sudden test against Bridget nearly stunned the poor elf, worried for a moment the young priestess's reflexes wouldn't be up to par, a glad sigh leaving under his breath to see that wasn't the outcome. Though his eyebrow did perk up at such a direct approach. Hopefully the knightess just had good faith in their resident healer...or else the thought of otherwise seemed a bit reckless in his eyes.

"I'm afraid I do not posses any magical qualities. Though I very well can handle myself." Ettrian said with a self assured grin.

He wasn't one prone to jealously. While his set of skills certainly were different he had confidence in them, and was glad above everything that the group he aligned himself with seemed very capable. Although Hearing Eren's answer did bring some modicum of relief not being the only one without magic. Sticking out was one thing he detested above all, and his eyes did notice one figure who stuck out herself. The rather short catfolk had caught his interest. He'd recognize a noble from a mile away, the elegant refinery in which they carried themselves was unmistakable, as was the rather expensive choice of coverings. Although the height of her status was something he had yet to decipher.

"A small group may be wise for now. We would be easier to notice in a large pair, far easier to spot out."

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"A group of five will be easier to spot, but also easier to defend. I for one would have us all stick together," Cassandra said.