Looking for RP Partner(s)/Tabletop Players

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Hey so it's been forever since I've been here, but was kind of wanting to get back into the less vanilla type of RPing with people. So I was hoping to see if anyone wanted to talk about possible RPs/kinks/whatever. I was considering hosting a tabletop as well but that's just if it gets any interest. (Post more about that later) Anyway, feel free to post here or DM me if you have any interest in talking about kinks or possible RPs.
(I do highly value literate, laid back people.)

Reactions: Vale

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Yeah you know what? I actually do wanna start a dirty tabletop game. It'll be over text if I can get 3-4 people interested. Let me know if anyone has ideas.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
One of the best ones are tabletops based on stuff that both the GM and the players mutually enjoy. What RPG worlds do you like the most, Wan? There's a good chance we'll find common ground.

As for me -- stuff around the medieval time period is my favorite. Like CoC, Dragon Age, Mount & Blade and WoW, but I'm willing to participate futuristic stuff like TiTS if there's a majority vote for it.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
I do enjoy medieval fantasy settings. I also enjoy worlds like Fallout. Sci Fi is enjoyable for me but I usually have trouble GMing anything in it so I might stick with earlier styles. I do enjoy 'places out of time' and the like, where it's not quite as restrictive to a certain time period.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
In that case we could possibly do something where technology is combined with magic? "Magitek" is what they call it, I believe.

It gives us that nice bit of wiggle room where you can have sexy blonde men with buster swords twice their size and armies of troops with high-powered rifles in the same world.

I enjoy Fallout, too. Granted, I know of the nukes and how the Wastland became the Wasteland, but if you quiz me on anything before New Vegas/4, my memory gets wonky. I enjoy it for the Brotherhood of Steel, mostly.

Edit: Idea -- a synthesis of CoC's magic with some tech added in. It's mentioned in CoC's lore that there are unstable portals occasionally opening into Mareth and people of all sorts end up stumbling through them with no way back.

Whose to say that someone from a world with a tech level closer to, say, TiTs, couldn't come from their world and introduce higher forms of technology to Mareth?

Last edited:

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Yeah I don't get too in depth with the Fallout universe. As I have vision problems it's hard for me to read terminals and whatnot so I don't stick too close to lore. And I do enjoy the combination of Magic and Technology. So hopefully we can work with something like that.

So it sounds like the Magitek angle could be the best way to go about this. I'll need to do some thinking about the specific level of things and a possible storyline, but thanks for helping me think of a sort of genre.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Of course! Personally, I'm itching for a non-Vanilla RP myself. So we're in the same boat.

To me, it sounds like you want the best of both CoC and TiT's worlds without succumbing to the limitations of either one. Something I very much like.

As for a workable plot:

We could take a page out of TiT's book and be a pair of intergalactic explorers way in over our heads. You could get us tied in with some off-world plot being headed by some mega-corporation and the like.

Or have us be part of a part of a *guild* of mercenaries explorers/adventurers/explorers venturing off to unknown regions/battlefields in search of fame and fortune. Whether in space or just on a specific planet. Your choice.

If in space, I have an idea for the main ship our characters could stay on. It's based on a ship from of my favorite PS2 RPG's:

iVWb5lQ.jpg

(Yes, believe it or not this thing actually flies in space and you can step out on to the deck while in said space. Magitek at its finest. :p)

Complete with its own bridge, tavern, and private quarters for our characters.

But then again, this could very well double as an airship, too, depending on the tech-level you want this RP in.

Last edited:

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
I believe I will have you guys more or less on one planet, I am still workshopping it in my head but I find when I involve space the plot sometimes gets away from me. Though I will still consider it. (Love the ship btw, very magitek :p ) I do like the idea of interplanetary explorers though, but a main goal is where I struggle in that regard.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
In that case, if it's one planet then it could be like this:

The planet is colonized by multiple races (and maybe being visited by other races). We could be doing something large scale that brings the cast together, like uniting against a larger foe.

Or make it real personal and more small-scale where we're after someone who fucked over each and every character in the party over (either emotionally or physically~) in some way while we were on a job, providing us all with more motivation to hunt the bastard(s) down.

Some client who skipped out on paying us our fair due.

Or imprisonment by some schmuck for a crime we didn't commit, having us getting bent over and fucked to the fullest extent of this planet's law.

Edit: Extra ideas

- Border disputes between the planet's races over some ethics concerning Magitek usage. Sorta like the "Treatment" or "Throbb" from TiTs.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Thank you so much for all your help. I think I have a general idea for what the start of the plot will be. Do you have any ideas for what sort of classes I should include? I was planning on the typical Fighter, Rogue, as well as a few casting classes. Possibly one for a gunslinger.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
You're welcome!

Since this is Magitek, I had this idea for a little spin on the Paladin & Cleric classes.

Depending on their oaths, they could be from an order that sees Magitek not just as a tool, but as a way of life.

They would view the intricate blending of the arcane and machine as a work of the gods and see those who pervert its use for things such as "transformatives" and "sex mods" as heresy. All in violation of their tenets would face their brutal judgement.

Counter to this, you have an offshoot that's more lenient with this sort of Magitek use.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Are you still looking for players, or has this become a one on one thing? If you are, I'd be happy to play in just about any setting, and I'm fine with most kinks, except gore and scat. Also, if you are looking for a premade setting that blends magic and tech together well, you might want to check out the Ebberon D&D setting.

MagicBanana

Jul 6, 2017
I'd also be interested in joining this if it's no longer a one-on-one thing. It's been a while since I've roleplayed, and doing one with a system might be the perfect way to get back in.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Nope, it's not one on one. Wan is still looking for players. So far we have myself and Styx, and thus you both would be the last 2 that Wan would need to get the game going. I'll send you both character sheets and the available classes in PM.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Hey aphro here, been a while for me as well, but I've also been thinking about getting 'back into the game' as it were.

Ecna knows me & not too long ago I published a hack for ERPing with a game called dungeonworld. I was thinking of doing something similar again but with an even more simplified rules system, something like maze rats or into the odd. I also had the idea of doing it over discord so there could be separate threads for 'in town' and 'out adventuring'.

More than anything though I'd love to be a player in something and this crowd really seems to know how to scratch my ERP itch, so if you got room for one more I'd love to tag along.
if not you can still PM me for rules or system recommendations I feel an obligation to help other potential RPGers, or if anyone else sees this and it sparked some interest feel free to just ask..

Taleek

Jan 3, 2019
MURICA'
Howdy! New face here was actually stalking about looking for a Erotic Tabletop Game of sorts to try my hand in, though it does seem like I may of been a tad bit late to the party however my interest still remains if there is any room at all!

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Apologies, Taleek, but the player cap that Wan has the game at is 5 people.

In addition to myself, Ecna, Aph, and Magic, there is also Styx.

But in case a spot does open up, I'm still going to send you the character sheet and the list of classes anyway.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Actually, I'm going to have to rescind my offer to play. I didn't realize that this was going to be played on discord, and I prefer to stick to the forums.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
That's alright, Ecna. With the amount of games you're managing here on the forums, we completely understand.

ToranK

Jan 14, 2019
Yes in also interested in a adult style dnd/coc game and haven't really been able to find any. If you are still looking for players let me know.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
All of you should go to the Discord and check out the #Twitch And RPG channel or whatever.

There’s people who want to run these all the time.

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
I'll put my name down for it. If there's too many people right now, that's fine. But I can take someone's place if they die/become a rapeslave/leave /have to leave because of IRL reasons.