Dec 14, 2022
www.patreon.com
Hi, I'm Rue, the solo developer behind Locus Tenebrarum.

It's a 3D adventure game with a retro aesthetic:

1670984437448.png

When you talk to people, it turns into a visual novel:

1670984462374.png

Some dialog choices have a chance of failure:

1670984498181.png

There's a quest log to help you keep track of what's going on:

1670984533604.png

There are also dating sim elements, where you may need to build your relationship with a character by exploring the city of Tenebrarum and bringing back things they like:

1670984572709.png

When the characters like you enough, you can take them on little dates:

1670984614685.png

And unlock new outfits that can be seen in any visual novel style scene (but not the 3D parts of the game because that would take a LOT of time):

1670984650018.png

The quest log also tracks your status for romancing characters:

1670984685935.png

There are also dream fragments, which are things you can find when exploring the city, and they unlock additional lewd scenes (but they're dreams, so they don't affect the story):

1670984732249.png

Here's an examples of a lewd scene:

1670984757098.png

You can download the game for free from my Patreon (Windows only for now). There are bonus scenes for Patrons, but the free version includes 90% of the content: https://www.patreon.com/locus_tenebrarum

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
It depends on who you can play as, and who your charatcter can have sex with. In this case, I assume it's MxF, but I may be wrong.

Dec 14, 2022
www.patreon.com
It depends on who you can play as, and who your charatcter can have sex with. In this case, I assume it's MxF, but I may be wrong.
Ah, that makes more sense.

There's currently only one protagonist, and he's male. The third dream fragment does have him body swap into the mind of a woman. I also have plans to introduce another protagonist later in the story, but that's getting into spoiler territory.

So it's MxF, MxFF, and FxF right now.

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
As far as descriptions for kinks go, I've seen many posts describe it like this:

1) Kinks that are available in the game at its current state

2) Kinks that are intended to be in the game in later updates

If the game is planned to include a wide variety, that's fine, I think the thing is that some people want to know if the game currently has content that includes their particular interests, kinks included. Me for example, I like Breast-focused content, like Breast Expansion and Lactation, though as far as actual game content and story content goes rather than just sexual content, I do enjoy romance and character development with gameplay depending on gametype (RPG vs Platformer, etc.)

If a game has content I like currently, I'm likely picking it up right away unless it also something I don't like in it. If said game doesn't have content I'm interested in now but there are plans for it to be included later, I might not pick up right away but still keep on eye on it until the game does have things I'm interested in, in it.

Reactions: Kesil

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
Ugh, hate a doublepost, especially after this long, but I only just remembered about this game and realized I hadn't tried it out when I first posted on this thread. However, when I went to click on the Patreon link, Patreon says the page had been removed. Is the game still available elsewhere or not?

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
Thanks. Wasn't confident there wouyld be one. Well that, and I haven't the best track record with searching for games on itch io, even when I know the names. Sometimes Google just doesn't want to cooperate, same itch io's own search.

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
It's an interesting game, grindy in some parts but not hideous once you find the loophole that should be more obvious but if you think in a "classic resource" mode (mine once, respawn later) mode it isn't so obvious!

It's actually VERY short in its current version but has a good deal of potential once the story gets lengthened out. I hope to see more of this relatively soon. It shouldn't be all that hard to do but the dev did choose Unity for the format and that seems to come with a higher coding level than most games of this nature. I don't know what the output level of the dev is, but maybe an update soonish?