Load from file error. Plz help.

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
I keep getting a load error whenever I try to load saves I've downloaded. The error says: "The selected files does not appear to be a valid TiTS save file. TiTS will only load .json files."
Even though the files are JSON files, I've made completely new test saves and the same thing keeps happening. Does anyone have any ideaon what could be happening or am I just in GBJ and forbidden from loading saves?

Here are a couple saves in case anyone wants to take a look:

Attachments

• qwe (M) - 6Hrs 45Mins, 1 Days - Casstech Z14, Kalas.json
    616.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Nelala (H) - 20Hrs 31Mins, 1966 Days - Platinum Verve, Sindathu.json
    1,001 KB · Views: 2

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
What platform/browser are you using? Your save loads on my end (Microsoft Edge, Windows 10).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Can you try a different browser, like Edge or Firefox? It would probably help to narrow down the cause.

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
Sure thing! This also happens on the download version of the game, if that narrows anything down as well.

Edit: Okay! Nothing loaded on Edge but it actually worked on Firefox! Still, the fact that it doesn't work on the download version either could mean that my machine itself is doing a fucky-wucky. I'll download the download version from Firefox to see if it does anyhting different.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you trying to run the downloaded version through a browser? I don't use it myself, but apparently that causes issues, according to one of the changelogs.

It's weird. I'd expect a Save/Load issue to be mass-reported. Since it's not, I have to assume it's something fairly specific on your end.

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
No, I just unzip and execute the .exe through my file explorer, so I think it probably is something very specific happening to my machine, maybe I just missed an update or I need to simply turn it off and on again. We shall see!

Edit: So downloading from Firefox did nothing as expected, I'm gonna try the ol' turn off and on trick real quick.

Edit 2: Well that trick actually didn't work this time, and there's no updates to Windows that I'm aware off, so fuck. The good thing is that Firefox actually works somehow, so I'm not permanetly stuck in gay baby jail. But I'm still super curious as to why the hell this is happening.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I know a guy that recommends occasionally re-installing Windows, because it does get rid of accumulated (inexplicable) minor issues. Probably not something you want to do just for this, though (you'd have to backup everything).

I do recommend updating your bug report with these results. Maybe update the title, too.

Reactions: nebulous_doofus