Less Random Transformative Items

MechPlat

May 15, 2020
So I like how Catnip works (selecting which body part to affect), is it possible to make the other items like this?

The randomizer can get pretty annoying when I'm only trying to get 1 or 2 transformations from a specific item. For example, I like having small demonic horns (from Lucifer's Candy Apple), but if I want to change over from bulls horns (for example gained from the Treatment Medipen) so far the easiest method is to save the game, consume Terran Treats until the horns are removed, save again, and then consume more candy apples until I get dinky demon horns.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The code does support 'locking' specific parts so they don't change. It'd probably be easier to make a way to lock parts of your choice (or all but 1 or 2) so you can take the random TFs without screwing up your carefully built appearance.

By the way, Horns can be reduced/removed via ReductPro. More expensive but less random than Terran Treats.

MechPlat

May 15, 2020
The code does support 'locking' specific parts so they don't change. It'd probably be easier to make a way to lock parts of your choice (or all but 1 or 2) so you can take the random TFs without screwing up your carefully built appearance.

By the way, Horns can be reduced/removed via ReductPro. More expensive but less random than Terran Treats.

How do you “lock” parts? If that’s possible that pretty much solves my problem

TheShepard256

How do you “lock” parts? If that’s possible that pretty much solves my problem
Most body parts can't currently be locked, and those that can generally lock that part into a specific type and can't be easily unlocked (assuming it's even possible to unlock them again). What Theron is suggesting is that some method of locking and unlocking body parts at-will could be written and implemented, and it'd be easier than reworking most of the game's TFs.

Reactions: MechPlat

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I could probably try making an item that does a lock, but that would take me some research that I can’t do yet. My current project are already driving me insane, >.>;