Lead times for NPC vendor items

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Time sinks. What do you think about them? Would you wait for say, slightly above-average weapon(s)?

Bad idea?

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
3 days for items "upgraded" to level 8, 1 week for items upgraded to level 9 and 1 month for level 10 items

I was thinking of a weaponsmith that would "upgrade" kinetic melee weapons from earlier planets and make them viable for content thats aimed at 8-10. And by upgrade what I mean is you take say for example, the shortsword from Carl's on mhenga, he removes said item from inventory, you come back in 72 hours and you get back something like 'Custom shortsword' back or something. This isn't going to be some crazy dynamic shit, its basically an item swap with credits, original item and time as the cost

to keep things simple itll only be weapons from stores no waifu doom weapons and kinetic only as i feel Emmy already has energy melee covered. This would also be an alternative option for all the heathens that don't want to do Akane's and Shizuya's awesome content (though that is not my primary intention).

Last edited:

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I'm still holding out hope for the slim chance the Fantasia Foundry project would be revived. Though if you're willing to make scaled up variations for low level weapons I'd absolutely love it. If just to have more choice in aesthetic weapons (or for those mercs out there who are seeing too many energy weapons).

Reactions: Kesil and Zavos

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Love/Hate. If done well they can keep a game interesting longer than it should be. If they're fumbled, its just an annoying roadblock you need to break immersion to bipass.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I like it because it reminds me of the biggoron sword from Zelda Ocarina of Time but without all the running around for toads and weird eyedrops. I also like the idea of being able to keep my items and maintain my steel's combat style.

However if the wait is over 3 days i'd just buy something new i'm not that attached to any single one item in the game. UNLESS fen also adds in the ability to wait for a literal month or at least a day at a time then I'd be down.

So like it make sense, it is viable but also ignorable which is still a good thing.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
So using the shortsword from Carl's as example again, I was thinking the basic flow of a fully upgraded weapon would look like this:

Condition: Tarkus unlocked. Give Smith shortsword , pay space monies (money upfront, chummer), 3 days later, come back get [pc.name]'s_custom_shortsword1

Condition: Myrellion unlocked. Give Smith [pc.name]'s_custom_shortsword1, pay space monies, 6 days later, come back get [pc.name]'s_custom_shortsword2

Condition: Zheng Shi unlocked. Give Smith [pc.name]'s_custom_shortsword3 pay space monies, 12 days later come back get [pc.name]'s_custom_shortsword3

Reactions: Jongeedubs

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Looking at what is available to all players on the first planet (and what isn't) I would like to focus on four kinetic weapon types:
Hammers (low acc, high damage, stun) (Carl sells a warhammer)
Cleaver/broad blades (high crit damage, moderate damage)
Daggers (evasion, crit damage, low damage) (Carl sells a shortsword, yes shortswords and daggers are similar enough that I'm not going to differentiate the two)
Swords (good accuracy, moderate damage) (You can't actually get a sword on Mhenga other than the short sword so I guess I'll have to add a starter one)
and I guess I'll have to add some sort of gauntlet/shin guard gear.

I'd have a document up by now but I can't find my Chromestick and I hate switching sign ons on google accounts.

Last edited:

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Looking at what is available to all players on the first planet (and what isn't) I would like to focus on four kinetic weapon types:
Hammers (low acc, high damage, stun)
Cleaver/broad blades (high crit damage, moderate damage)
Swords (good accuracy, moderate damage)
and I guess I'll have to add some sort of gauntlet/shin guard gear.
Sounds good, though if you were to include daggers/knives/shortblades, I'd suggest putting them as evasion and crit weapons.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Sounds good, though if you were to include daggers/knives/shortblades, I'd suggest putting them as evasion and crit weapons.
That's a good idea. I was working off of the available weapons at Carl's (warhammer, machete, shortsword) but I'm going to totally ditch the machete-type weapons for daggers.

Last edited:

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
Though it's not super necessary with the Nyrea and Essyra spears it'd be nice if spears were also in-scope (you could start from the vanae spear perhaps). I'm a big fan of the super-high accuracy melee weapons like those.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Though it's not super necessary with the Nyrea and Essyra spears it'd be nice if spears were also in-scope (you could start from the vanae spear perhaps). I'm a big fan of the super-high accuracy melee weapons like those.
Hmmm that's right, there are now 2 spears you can now get on Mhenga...the Vanae Spear and the spear the hermaphrodite Naleen drops