Kineticist Procs might be bugged

Dyamonde

Nov 3, 2022
So, i've been playing a lot of Kineticist the last few days, really loving the class. what i noticed however is that the procs on the staves and some of the skills (Trip from Hookstaff, Freeze from Sleetstaff, Stun from Deep Impact Perk) NEVER seem to happen. I've beat up dozens of enemies with both staves, never seen a SINGLE proc happen. Use Kineticist skill combos to force crits, NEVER seen a single stun proc from Deep Impact. Either the chances for these to happen are extremely low, there are conditions to them that are not communicated, or they dont work at all.

...as i write this i did some more pummeling just to make sure, and i managed to finally have a single proc from Deep Impact happen, from randomly critting with the Sleet Staff.
A few dozen Enemies more, and i managed a second Deep Impact, and the very first Freeze from the Sleet Staff after about a hundred or so hits.

So the procs DO work, just with EXTREMELY low chance it seems. Not sure if thats working as intended.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Trip(/Stun/Stagger) Chance is a Physique/Aim vs Physique check. I don't think Third Eye Aim substitutes Intelligence for that, just for damage/accuracy. Deep Freeze has a lower chance of procing if the target has Freezing Resistance. I suspect Willpower plays into the chance of getting the Deep Impact Stun (probably Will vs Physique), but we'll have to get a coder to be sure.

Gravity Flux>Geothermal Spike>(Deep Impact)->Acid Cloud seemed like such a cool combo, but Deep Impact seems to be weapons-only.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
To summarize:
1. Is Deep Impact supposed to only apply to Weapon Crits?
2. Is there a Stat that boosts Deep Impact chance?
3. Is Physique/Aim intended to be required to get the most out of Trip/Stun/Stagger Chance Weapons, even with Third Eye Aim?

Renurb

Nov 7, 2023
Can confirm that Deep Impact doesn't seem to work, or RNG is just really poor. It doesn't matter how high or low the enemy NPC is.