Killing the FrostWyrm

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I don't think it's content is implement beyond its encounter and I think bad end.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
There's a bad end if you lose and more content planned if you win (in the future, not at the moment).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
In Perfect World (aka in future when it will be added) Killing Wyrm will let PC make armor out of it scales. Letting it live (I'm only 51% sure so no quote me on this one) would in turn allow make TF for get most of it traits.

irioth

May 12, 2016
In Perfect World (aka in future when it will be added) Killing Wyrm will let PC make armor out of it scales. Letting it live (I'm only 51% sure so no quote me on this one) would in turn allow make TF for get most of it traits.

As I supposed this means it is better to leave the wyrm alive once defeated until his material gets completed, if one wishes to leave options open until it's possible ot make an informed choice. Even if it means in the meanwhile the wyrm shall keep being a considerable re-spawning nuisance in its roaming area.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
As I supposed this means it is better to leave the wyrm alive once defeated until his material gets completed, if one wishes to leave options open until it's possible ot make an informed choice. Even if it means in the meanwhile the wyrm shall keep being a considerable re-spawning nuisance in its roaming area.
As far as I'm aware, and I'm out of date on a lot of things, unless you run you can only fight it twice and win/lose no matter what.

irioth

May 12, 2016
@irioth

That or reset his flags using a save editor to fight the Frostwyrm over and over again.

Or one can simply avoid going in the Frostwyrm's roaming zone until its writing gets finished and coded. IIRC there is not much to see from exploring that zone, apart from the wyrm itself and a milodan fertility ritual in a cave to mess with. But I might be mistaken since I don't go in Uveto's wastes all that often. Too big and confusing a map, the cold issue to deal with (thanks for existing, Thermal Pack), and the wiki doesn't have up-to-date info. I have already done all the other quests I know of in the rest of Uveto's frozen butt.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
@XBoxMaster131

Wonder if they're (I forgot who wrote the content for the Frostwyrm so credit goes to that person) gonna give us a solid and decide to write a preggo content with the Frostwyrm, just like with the Queen of the Deep. :)

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
@XBoxMaster131

Wonder if they're (I forgot who wrote the content for the Frostwyrm so credit goes to that person) gonna give us a solid and decide to write a preggo content with the Frostwyrm, just like with the Queen of the Deep. :)
I think my brain just melted on account of how FUCKING INCREDIBLE THAT IDEA IS!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Reactions: GTK/HLK

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Amen to that, but then the Wyrm should be rewritten to show it as sapient. IIRC, so far its scenes give no hint it is.
Given that it can fuck you in the bad end and it's sheer psychic might, on top of fen's no bestilaity policy (minus parasites), it has to be sapient.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Amen to that, but then the Wyrm should be rewritten to show it as sapient. IIRC, so far its scenes give no hint it is.
The episode of Steph Irson seems to suggest being able to directly communicate on a level she understands, to where she gives her consent. So I'd say it's sapient enough for dickings and preggings.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Given that it can fuck you in the bad end and it's sheer psychic might, on top of fen's no bestilaity policy (minus parasites), it has to be sapient.

Technically speaking yes, but IIRC so far its behavior shows little true hints of sapience. If it is meant to become one possible equivalent of the Queen of the Deep or even the Venus Pitchers if Steele deals with it the right way, it should get at least a few dialogue lines, or at least be shown to have some kind of meaningful communication with Steele. Then again, another critter currently in the game that is technically supposed to be sapient for the reasons you give, but behaves in a rather bestial way in practice, is the Wetraxxel.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Technically speaking yes, but IIRC so far its behavior shows little true hints of sapience. If it is meant to become one possible equivalent of the Queen of the Deep or even the Venus Pitchers if Steele deals with it the right way, it should get at least a few dialogue lines, or at least be shown to have some kind of meaningful communication with Steele. Then again, another critter currently in the game that is technically supposed to be sapient for the reasons you give, but behaves in a rather bestial way in practice, is the Wetraxxel.
The point is, it got in so it must have been up to code on the rules. You can argue all you want, but the fact that A) Steph's scene implies it and B) it got past Fen's personal Harkness Test implies that it's sapient. We can even safely guess that in the document for it the author states it as being highly intelligent and sapient.

irioth

May 12, 2016
The point is, it got in so it must have been up to code on the rules. You can argue all you want, but the fact that A) Steph's scene implies it and B) it got past Fen's personal Harkness Test implies that it's sapient. We can even safely guess that in the document for it the author states it as being highly intelligent and sapient.

I understand it, but if the bar to have sexable animalistic NPC in this game is set so low, then I don't understand the difficulty in giving say pet varmints sex scenes at all. Just pretend they are actually sapient critters that like behaving as big silicone wolves a lot (especially since IIRC the game tells once smarter varmints existed) and put some hints about it someplace in the game. It's not like this game lacks NPC that are heavily into petplay, anyway, although they do get talking scenes, and Steele too gets opportunity to indulge.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
As much as I like varmints and wetra hounds, we can't just "pretend" they're sapient if devs don't claim they are.

irioth

May 12, 2016
As much as I like varmints and wetra hounds, we can't just "pretend" they're sapient if devs don't claim they are.

My point is precisely b/c the devs have set the bar to deem a critter/NPC sapient so low it may be essentially an informed quality with little or no influence on how the character actually behaves in game, I see no sensible reason varmints and wetra hounds could not be reinterpreted the same way by writers, or the devs should feel entitled to veto it. A fiat distinction between bestial reptiles, or bestial insectoids for that matter, and bestial canines feels arbitrary and unreasonable.

Also the varmint you catch is a girl anyways.

As if that ever stopped female Steele from getting tons of girl-on-girl sex. Just remind me what the gender ratio of sexable crew is... I bet that tongue of varmints can be put to good use on Steele's girl parts.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
A fiat distinction between bestial reptiles, or bestial insectoids for that matter, and bestial canines feels arbitrary and unreasonable.
That's because it is. But we can't do anything when it comes to deal with Fen's personal Harkness Test.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Let's not stretch this argument as much as it needs to be ok guys? I would love a scene like that, and it is up to the writer whether or not that will get written, and the dev's descision to implement it.

Bottom line, we know that the Frostwyrms are an intelligent and sentient race, and therefore much like the bad ending hints, it has desires and its own wishes capable of communicating through psychic powers. The Frostwyrm clearly gives a warning through telepathy at the first loss against him and at the bad end. We can argue the high/low bar all we want, but the devs made the distinction clear and we should respect that decision.

The critters? by my understanding the cunt/cock tails and mimbranes? they are parasites and act as additional organs and therefore the intelligence is dependent on the player and operate on instinct. At this point in modern culture tentacle hentai is pretty much an accepted fetish separate from bestiality by now.

Again, the line is clear and let's just let it lie guys, lets not get nasty, and have a good time talking about the erotic possibilities with the Frostwyrm.:):cool:

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
How about we take a minute and actually look into the frost wyrm instead of just throwing around conjecture. There's a definite answer to be found in the frost wyrm's content.

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Then again, another critter currently in the game that is technically supposed to be sapient for the reasons you give, but behaves in a rather bestial way in practice, is the Wetraxxel.

Wait, the Wetraxxel is not "technically supposed to be sapient". He IS sapient without doubts.
You can see one of them walking around (on his own) in the small market on Taivra's "town".
Second, he has coherent speech (meaning his dialogs aren't just grunts). Actually, he sort of warns you to get closer again, and is very well aware of what he's doing.
If anything, the Wetraxxel is maybe a good example of how the Wyvern could be sapient: he simply doesn't like to talk/socialize.

Reactions: Endwar

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
What's with all this "waiting for the rest of the Frostwyrm's content?"

The only thing that hasn't been added is the Frostwyrm TF that Couch wrote. So if you want a TF later, don't murder Wyrmykins. Otherwise, WYSIWYG.

Also yes, Wyrmykins is sapient. Actually read his content: he can talk to you. Even outside the bad end.

Reactions: Endwar

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
What's with all this "waiting for the rest of the Frostwyrm's content?"

The only thing that hasn't been added is the Frostwyrm TF that Couch wrote.

Does the option to use some of Wyrm scales after killing it to make armor was dropped then?

Reactions: Xeivous