Kangaroo TF

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Well, hello everyone. Looking through all the TF that have come into TiTS (specially Red Panda one, congratulations to the one that write it) it seems like most of old CoC TF are covered, with two noticeable exceptions: the rodent/mouse one, that I'm betting that will come when the Rodenians come fully into scene (Am i the only one that thinks of 'Rhodesia' each time that sees that race's name?), and the kangaroo TF.

Maybe for the nostalgic link to Coc, or maybe only for adding another exotic TF to the list, I've proposed myself to start a kangaroo TF for this game, but before starting, I have some questions.

-First of, is there any similar TF or look-a-like race on the works? (Human faced TF or races don't count)
-Is there a sample with the format and the parser calls needed on the TF text? I'm somewhat familiar with them, but I'd like to be sure.
-Albeit too beneficial perks are out of the question, minor ones could be added? Some of them are out there, like flexibility abilities for cats, the ability of endure the cold of 'Icy Veins', and while not a perk, the flight features of winged TF.

Reactions: Zavos

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I don't think it'll be accepted if the tf gave perks, maybe one that slows pregnancy rate(kangaroos are weird when it comes to gestation) but that's about it. I don't recommend moving breasts to be teats either if you're thinking on doing that at some point, TiTS doesn't really support change in tit position.

Other than that it sounds like it would be fun if it makes it in-game, game could use some marsupials.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
If you're gonna give a TF perks, they just have to not give any real advantages in battle or anything like that. Keep them cosmetic even if you're going for something like how 'nuki nuts' does it for fetish purposes, or yeah, 'Icy veins' for wandering the fields of Uveto's cold. So I don't think minor ones aren't an issue depending on what it is.

Doesn't look that bad atm for a Kangaroo TF. The grammar and punctuation is looking good. (To me at least, even in it's very WIP state I'm not seeing anything wrong)

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for the feedback. I'll write a bit more tomorrow. I have yet to decide which vendor will sell the TF. I initially though that it would be Jade...but after seeing how crowded is her selling menu, I'd rather put it at sale in a different place. On my mind are Gene, from Myrellion and ...well no one. Who else would be a logical option?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Okay done most of the TF texts, save the tail, and one touchy subject: genitals.

Here I need a bit of feedback, in both sexes. For one, male kangaroos usually have balls above their penises, though i don't know if that would be practical/logical in-game. Second, both Dendrolagus and Macropus species have the "bag" that every female marsupial has. Should it be implemented?

For example, look at this thing:
11213_medium.JPG

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
CoC didn't do the eggs over sausage thing with their kangaroo TF. I'd say just make the penis look like a kangaroo one. Idk how the balls would be handled (No pun intended), so I'd say leave them untouched for now.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Diapause deets (pulled from wiki):

Description: Pregnancy does not advance normally, but develops quickly after taking in fluids.
Effect: Consuming fluids will increase a character's fluid store by 3-5 hours. Pregnancies progress faster while the character still has a fluid store, but will not progress when the fluid store is empty.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Also, maybe make it so the leg TF replaces the Headbutt special with a kick, maybe make it use a bit less energy. Just an idea.

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Pouch can be added IMO, as far as I'm concerned it's just a cosmetic thing as I see little bonuses it could give that'll be permitted like increased inv space.

Maybe make it so that to have the diapause perk you need the pouch, hence giving it a reason to be there.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Well, the main things, tranformation stuff and flags are done. Only appareance description and secondary stuff such as perks remain.

I'll have to take a second look at the pouch stuff. Maybe adding it on silly mode, and making it available for males (which doesn't have sense IRL)?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Well, the main things, tranformation stuff and flags are done. Only appareance description and secondary stuff such as perks remain.

I'll have to take a second look at the pouch stuff. Maybe adding it on silly mode, and making it available for males (which doesn't have sense IRL)?
Would the pouch be cosmetic only, or are you planning on actually carrying young in it? The latter would be like coding a whole nother nursery on your belly.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Nope, nothing birth-related. For this reason is considered a "silly" feature. You know, for the stereotypical pouch of kangaroos.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Well, sorry for the lack of updates. My eyes for a reason though that get casually infected was a good idea, so I was away for a day or so. I'm still recovering, but I managed to write the appareance content. I'm deciding on the perks, tho.

I'll also appreciate any suggestion/correction done to the grammar/phrasing.

I added some possible perks. Tell me what do you think. The pouch thing is still TBD.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Okay, by now I dropped the idea of a "pouch". That aside, the possible perks gained are already set. I tried to make them useful but not too advantageous. In the case of "Marsupial libido", if nulifying the 5 energy points lost is too much, it could simplt reduce the 5 points lost to 2.

Overall, the main content is done. Again, if someone has a suggestion of any kind, or want to check the grammar/phrasing, I'll be grateful.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Marsupial libido seems fine, we already have a prescient for a perk to nullify sex energy cost.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Arboreal adaptability should probably be racial to roo arms/legs. Also there should probably be a Terrian Treat scene for loosing marsupial libido.

Also roo penis should probably have prehensile flag.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Done. Gain/lose scenes for the two perks. "Arboreal adaptability" has now 2 versions, one with the same name, for the Dendrolagus variant, and another called "Jumper" for the regular kangaroo transformation. They work the same.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Just a little note because this is something I'm super nitpicky about personally, but I'm pretty sure Kangaroo legs are plantigrade, or at least semi-planti, not digitigrade.

I know you like your furries with digitigrade legs and all Coal, but that's not the case with Kangaroos at all, their legs aren't built for it.

It's like with lagomorphs. They may LOOK digitigrade when in motion, but that's only in motion. Laquines in this game can get away with being digitigrade at times purely because they have extra joints built in their feet that allow them to adopt either a digitigrade or plantigrade stance, their build can support it because they're aliens and not entirely like rl rabbits, since they share some horse characteristics. Same case for this, if it was an alien race that had them built like that you'd get away with it, but you seem to be making the TF more akin to RL roos with how much you want in terms of feedback like how the anatomy works and whatnot, so yeah.
So their legs would look plantigrade in build, they stand on the whole foot when they aren't moving around.

Don't hate me for this plz, like I said I'm nitpicky about this sort of stuff due to being a huge anatomy freak in some aspects. ^^'

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
-more feedback-

Checking about it seems that you're right. Those stances can be confusing if you don't know what they imply. Anyways, now the flags and descriptions should state the kangaroos as plantigrade.

I really hope that this doesn't attracts feet-loving weirdos. Foot-fetish is as high as vore, gore and scat on my hate list.

That aside, thank you again for pointing me about this details.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I really hope that this doesn't attracts feet-loving weirdos.
People will cling on to anything as long as a work has a sliver of what they're into. But that shouldn't stop you from adding this or that to your work.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I know, I only wanted to make clear my, eh...stance on that matter, if anything.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Very well, since everything here seems done and checked. I'll make a submission with the TF tomorrow.

I've never submitted anything before. Should I do something specific besides posting it in the "Event Submission" part of the forum?

Last edited: