Just picked up FFXIV!

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Server is Balmung, for all that sweet ERP action naw'i'm'sayin'?! Do you play, what are your thoughts after having played for a while? 

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, already level 20. 

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Im just gonna say EW P2P and leave.

EW P2P

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I love it, I really do. While I usually hated profession and workhorse based shit in MMOs... that was practically all I did. Except fishing. I wasn't too put off by the simplicity of the gameplay or the 2.5 second global cooldown, I still had quite a bit of fun punching things as a monk, tanking as a warrior or doing some careful dps while being a healer as a white mage. Sadly I didn't stick around the game as my guild had playing Wildstar and migrated back to WoW. (the fact we picked a low pop server didn't help much either) So it's on the backburner for the time being.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I love it, I really do. While I usually hated profession and workhorse based shit in MMOs... that was practically all I did. Except fishing. I wasn't too put off by the simplicity of the gameplay or the 2.5 second global cooldown, I still had quite a bit of fun punching things as a monk, tanking as a warrior or doing some careful dps while being a healer as a white mage. Sadly I didn't stick around the game as my guild had playing Wildstar and migrated back to WoW. (the fact we picked a low pop server didn't help much either) So it's on the backburner for the time being.

Balmung and Gilgamesh are the highest pop servers for US. Balmung though you'll need to pay to transfer to because creating new characters is locked on that server. You can usually catch Gilgamesh unlocked after maintenance or early in the morning. 

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I played it for quite a while and loved every moment of it. The story is pretty engaging and full of twists and the music in divine. Unfortunately the global cooldown being as slow as it is makes the fighting feel very slow at times and you never really get the power fantasy of being able to take on multiple opponents since aggroing 3 or 4 will most likely kill you regardless. But it's a great game and if I had the time I'd keep on playing.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
ah I haven't played the game in a while, I sort of got distracted from the game and dropped my sub. Also never got into the first party dungeon to continue the story because I could never find people to party with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
ah I haven't played the game in a while, I sort of got distracted from the game and dropped my sub. Also never got into the first party dungeon to continue the story because I could never find people to party with.

Ah that sucks, there's a dungeon finder system now.

I don't know if that was in place when you quit, but I usually find groups pretty quick.