Just a random thoughts about TFs in-universe

Jul 31, 2022
United States
So this really doesn’t matter as far as actual gameplay at all, it’s just a thought I have every time I use a TF.

Just how much does a TF change the champion? Does it alter just appearance? DNA? I usually start as a wyld elf, and they have fairly long lifespans. However, my champ almost always becomes a ‘mander. Salamanders have pretty average lifespans though. Would children of the champ be part wyld elf? Would the champ suddenly have a shorter lifespan? Or still live for a hot minute? If it does affect DNA, does that mean that (in universe) every TF used, even if changed eventually, would leave a mark on DNA? Do any of these theoretical questions about a fantasy game even matter?

regardless, thank you for humoring the thoughts my rat brain generates.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
This has been asked before so you're not the first person to wonder, and Savin has answered: TFs are largely cosmetic. In other words, it's altering your appearance but it's not affecting lifespan in either direction. The soulbinding TFs are the only exception there because those involve a god directly tinkering with your soul and they explicitly do grant the Champ an increased lifespan, the better to enjoy your postgame life with Kiyoko or Ryn. I linked some screenshots from Discord here where you can see more details.

Jul 31, 2022
United States
This has been asked before so you're not the first person to wonder, and Savin has answered: TFs are largely cosmetic. In other words, it's altering your appearance but it's not affecting lifespan in either direction. The soulbinding TFs are the only exception there because those involve a god directly tinkering with your soul and they explicitly do grant the Champ an increased lifespan, the better to enjoy your postgame life with Kiyoko or Ryn. I linked some screenshots from Discord here where you can see more details.

thanks friend! I appreciate the links and info.