Juggernaut?

Socksidoodles

Feb 18, 2017
MD
I'm on the mission with Kara, and I have been stuck on this for about three days or so.

How did YOU beat the Juggernaut? (I'm kind of new to this forum so if something goes somewhere it doesn't belong I would appreciate the correction. ^^)

Before you ask, here are my Core Stats, and what I'm wearing as armor/ weapon.

Name: Trouble
Female
Shields: 40
HP: 160
Energy: 130
Level 8 (Maximum level)

Physique- 25
Reflexes- 26
Aim- 22
Intelligence- 25
Willpower- 26
Libido- 11

Clothing/Armor- Goo Armor

Weapon- Modded Arc Caster (Obtained from defeating Khan)

Melee weapon- Machete

Specials-
Headbutt
Power Strike
Detonation Charge
Second Wind
Goo Clone
(Beaten up) Tam Wolf

Am I doing something wrong?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
If you haven´t invested in either Riposte or Take Cover, now might be the time.
Knowing more about your active perks might be good too.

But I´d recommend using headbutt for stunning your opponent.
The machete isn´t that good of a melee weapon so you should focus on using your ranged weaponry.
If you shared your save file I could try to test out strategies myself.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, your first problem is probably that your stats and gear are absolute garbage for your level.

You're a melee build by the looks of things, so you should be maxing out your Physique every single level -- so you ought to have 40 Physique, not 25. That directly contributes to your attack accuracy and damage output. You're also using a weapon that is *incredibly* underpowered -- it's from Planet 1, after all. You can find much better weapons on that planet (beating the main boss, Taivra, yields one that does almost twice as much damage and has a nice Critical Chance bonus); the KihaCorp vendor at the DMZ, Emmy, sells weapons that do even more damage.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
To add onto what Shade and Savin have said, Amara is also one of the hardest bosses in the game, and the way she resists everything except freezing damage (which is dealt by no weapons currently in-game) means that the easiest way to defeat her is to use lust attacks.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
To add onto what Shade and Savin have said, Amara is also one of the hardest bosses in the game, and the way she resists everything except freezing damage (which is dealt by no weapons currently in-game) means that the easiest way to defeat her is to use lust attacks.

Oh he hasn't even gotten to Amara yet, he's still on Juggernaut.

Socksidoodles

Feb 18, 2017
MD
If you haven´t invested in either Riposte or Take Cover, now might be the time.
Knowing more about your active perks might be good too.

But I´d recommend using headbutt for stunning your opponent.
The machete isn´t that good of a melee weapon so you should focus on using your ranged weaponry.
If you shared your save file I could try to test out strategies myself.
Here; I have my save right here. You should take a look at what I have in my inventory, the stuff in there may prove useful, but I don't know.

Attachments

• Trouble - 177 days.tits
    123 KB · Views: 3

Socksidoodles

Feb 18, 2017
MD
Well, your first problem is probably that your stats and gear are absolute garbage for your level.

You're a melee build by the looks of things, so you should be maxing out your Physique every single level -- so you ought to have 40 Physique, not 25. That directly contributes to your attack accuracy and damage output. You're also using a weapon that is *incredibly* underpowered -- it's from Planet 1, after all. You can find much better weapons on that planet (beating the main boss, Taivra, yields one that does almost twice as much damage and has a nice Critical Chance bonus); the KihaCorp vendor at the DMZ, Emmy, sells weapons that do even more damage.

Thanks for the advice! ^0^ So should I reload at a point where I'm not on Kara's mission and get some better stuff?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You should probably make sure you have high stats and good equips before you start KaraQuest... Its pretty much the point of the game where bosses stop being easy.

Socksidoodles

Feb 18, 2017
MD
You should probably make sure you have high stats and good equips before you start KaraQuest... Its pretty much the point of the game where bosses stop being easy.

omg this is so lame my last save that isn't on the Uveto Station is when I'm level 6 and I still look like a noob ;-;

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
omg this is so lame my last save that isn't on the Uveto Station is when I'm level 6 and I still look like a noob ;-;
You might not need that.
I played this strategy:
Detonation charge
Detonation charge
Detionation charge
Etc. :p
It´ll probably be a bit luck based, but it worked on first try for me using your character.

Use gray goo consumable for health once if your HP gets low, and use second wind when your energy runs out.

I hope this works out for you.
And if you survive this mission, listen to Savin´s advice and increase your stats at the gym and buy a better melee weapon.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Just remember that the jauggernut is a warm up fight, you'll be fighting something easily twice as tough a few tiles after. KaraQuest is not for the faint of heart, you need to be 100% prepared or you're gona have a bad time

Socksidoodles

Feb 18, 2017
MD
You might not need that.
I played this strategy:
Detonation charge
Detonation charge
Detionation charge
Etc. :p
It´ll probably be a bit luck based, but it worked on first try for me using your character.

Use gray goo consumable for health once if your HP gets low, and use second wind when your energy runs out.

I hope this works out for you.
And if you survive this mission, listen to Savin´s advice and increase your stats at the gym and buy a better melee weapon.
OMG THAT ACTUALLY WORKED. WHAT.