Joy DeBimbofication Scene

JimboJizzim

Nov 11, 2016
Florida, USA
I have a small nitpick... Would the PC no matter how smart, be aware of hormones in a fantasy setting? Like, if you want to be lore friendly, I don't think even Rathazul or Lumi knows about hormones because they do alchemy and only know that things have properties that can be used in different ways. Most things in the game that are advanced enough to be considered industrial are the demons, and even then, estrogen as a concept was really only around in 1920 and the game world hasn't yet seen an industrial revolution (1820), it seems like a small stretch.

Although, one could argue that since there's gods, magic, outlanders and other shit that it is possible to know a bit more about biology than engineering since most people these days know more in depth of how genetics works, but if asked go fix a electric pencil sharpener, most of us would be dumbfounded.

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
I have a small nitpick... Would the PC no matter how smart, be aware of hormones in a fantasy setting? Like, if you want to be lore friendly, I don't think even Rathazul or Lumi knows about hormones because they do alchemy and only know that things have properties that can be used in different ways. Most things in the game that are advanced enough to be considered industrial are the demons, and even then, estrogen as a concept was really only around in 1920 and the game world hasn't yet seen an industrial revolution (1820), it seems like a small stretch.

Although, one could argue that since there's gods, magic, outlanders and other shit that it is possible to know a bit more about biology than engineering since most people these days know more in depth of how genetics works, but if asked go fix a electric pencil sharpener, most of us would be dumbfounded.

I thought about that while I was writing it oddly enough.
I don't know of any mention of hormones outside of Joey from the Bizarre Bazaar. I'm just assuming it's not a big deal.
However since it's not a necessary scene I wouldn't complain if I had to remove it.

Regardless of year CoC is not set in the real world at all so what knowledge they'd have is pretty flexible.

JimboJizzim

Nov 11, 2016
Florida, USA
I thought about that while I was writing it oddly enough.
I don't know of any mention of hormones outside of Joey from the Bizarre Bazaar. I'm just assuming it's not a big deal.
However since it's not a necessary scene I wouldn't complain if I had to remove it.

Regardless of year CoC is not set in the real world at all so what knowledge they'd have is pretty flexible.

Well in theory, you'd probably get away with it, but you could replace it with something that hasn't been mentioned once in CoC so far...

When a girl goes through a certain point in her life, she starts to like boys and starts to get her period. Yes, I'm talking about a very archaic period talk that doesn't utilize science.

You could probably leave it at "You explain to Joy that girls go through changes once they reach a certain age, you kinda just got hit with that all at once so it's going to be really weird at first" or some variation

Now that I think about it... CoC has every stat except for charisma. In hindsight, tease should've been attached to a charisma skill to male tease more viable as a skill in the base game, but I see why it's kinda weak, since no enemies have a high capacity lust bar.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Would the PC no matter how smart, be aware of hormones in a fantasy setting? Like, if you want to be lore friendly, I don't think even Rathazul or Lumi knows about hormones because they do alchemy
I would concur, would it not be more likely expressed in terms of male/female life force [animus/anima or ying/yang] the concept of a molecule classed as a hormone would be unnecessary as it would only be the medium through which the force manifests itself.

possible to know a bit more about biology than engineering since most people these days know more in depth of how genetics works, but if asked go fix a electric pencil sharpener, most of us would be dumbfounded.

I think most of us would also be pretty stuck if asked to synthesize a hormone [talking about shit vs doing shit]