JimThermic's Project List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That smth smth Badger was I think Turn Tables on Dr. Badger or similar back in old forum post of yours.

Ahh Vanae Milky Forest.... oh wait I should not try look like I expect more and more 4ever. *Back to backseat. Let the events ufolds themself*

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
TiTs needs more coders, especially for Jim since he's pretty much outpaced development by a mile.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah we need to clone Gedan a few times and assign some of the clones to be Jim's personal coders.  

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well tbh if we clone Gedan that all Jim work would be coded in...few days/weeks so thus we ends up need clone Jim to keep up with Gedan clone coding speed....errr that wouldn't ends up good either way so better let current status quo stay this way.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I dunno, we could probably actually use another coder to help handle submissions, particularly since Fen and Gedan both like to write too.  I imagine it's mostly wanting to be sure any potential third coder is both up to snuff and capable of matching the existing standards of design that keeps it from happening.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I dunno, we could probably actually use another coder to help handle submissions, particularly since Fen and Gedan both like to write too.  I imagine it's mostly wanting to be sure any potential third coder is both up to snuff and capable of matching the existing standards of design that keeps it from happening.

It depends if you consider anything outside staff-writes and the bounty board to be pressing. If not, then there's far less need for a third coder. A stable artist will probably come before that.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's not so much that it's pressing as that it's pretty clear the bottleneck for content development is coding rather than writing.  You need a good writer like Savin on staff to help handle the important parts of the setting that need to be consistent and high-quality, but when it comes to supplementary material like transformatives, side characters, etc. you can get people to write for the game for free, not so much to code for it.

I agree that a stable artist is more important than either, though.

DjinnOfArc

Aug 29, 2015
I don't know why, but I'm really hoping to see a Briha X-pack on that list someday...

Back onto the topic at hand, don't we technically have a artist? I know for awhile fen said Shou had personal stuff to do, but didn't he say a couple days later that Shou said s/he would still do them, just at a slower pace for awhile until said personal stuff was resolved? Or has Shou officially stopped?

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
... what I plan to write in the near future.

I'll just keep waiting here forever 

Cute-puppy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I would like this to be in the game. It will be a while yet but once TiT's gets to a point were it is in a sloop for me I may just add it into the game myself just so I can enjoy it more.

Honestly, looking at the doc, I'd like to rewrite some of it, since in hindsight there are things I'd do differently. That said, there's no point in me rewriting something if it's not going in—that'd just take energy from other projects.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'll just keep waiting here forever 

Before them show up we need expanded MIlky Forrest part up to point we can reach shore of lake so...well indeed could we both would wait for it forever (yeah I like to see Sacae too...well our preg vanae maided too ^^)

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm mostly excited they don't have such a confusing bottom half as the Vanae. Straight up tentacles [in my mind] is much better than legs with some tentacles tossed in too because aliens.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Best Kraken is kawaii as fuck.

Although I have an even softer spot for non-human's human forms.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Honestly, looking at the doc, I'd like to rewrite some of it, since in hindsight there are things I'd do differently. That said, there's no point in me rewriting something if it's not going in—that'd just take energy from other projects.

That is understandable. Even as is, I think it is still good. But maybe one day it can get put into the game the way you would like it to be. I hate to see something like that and think you spent your time to write down and work out how you would like this to be and it doesn't get in. Either way keep up the good work.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
I'm mostly excited they don't have such a confusing bottom half as the Vanae. Straight up tentacles [in my mind] is much better than legs with some tentacles tossed in too because aliens.

I kinda like that the tentacles act as a natural skirt for the Vanae as well as for her "hair". It's not realistic, but it's a cute (in a cartoony sort of way) method of giving a weird tentacle alien creature features that people are likely to find feminine and attractive.

Designing aliens is hard. Designing aliens that will be sexually attractive to human beings is even harder. Just like nearly all aliens in Star Trek are just ordinary humans with weird ears or foreheads, the vast majority of TiTS' "aliens" are just regular furries.

You could try to argue that Vanae are just octopus girls, but they're still a major step up, if only because care was put into their design.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I kinda like that the tentacles act as a natural skirt for the Vanae as well as for her "hair". It's not realistic, but it's a cute (in a cartoony sort of way) method of giving a weird tentacle alien creature features that people are likely to find feminine and attractive.

Designing aliens is hard. Designing aliens that will be sexually attractive to human beings is even harder. Just like nearly all aliens in Star Trek are just ordinary humans with weird ears or foreheads, the vast majority of TiTS' "aliens" are just regular furries.

You could try to argue that Vanae are just octopus girls, but they're still a major step up, if only because care was put into their design.

heh, they had a episode dedicated to that exact thing in TNG to explain why all aliens look the same.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
To me the legs are just a step in the wrong direction, sort of like 4-eared catgirls. 

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
To me the legs are just a step in the wrong direction, sort of like 4-eared catgirls. 

Huh... that's a surprising position. You've got human girls (with regular human ears) running around with "extra" (cat) ears and they still look good. A "real" catgirl would probably look a little freaky given that she'd have no human ears.

What about dragons, demons and angels? You're basically slapping an extra pair of limbs onto an existing creature there, too, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, even among the mainstream.

Sorry, it's just... I'm imagining someone saying "Holy shit, that alien tentacle girl has legs! That's so freaky, man!" and I can't help but be amused by that!

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I have a major, MAJOR skirt fetish. Skirts are the best. :3

Also, yeah, making aliens is hard. Particularly ones that people still find sexy. The Vanae and Siel took a fuckton of time to think out. You've got to make it simple enough that people can picture it instantly in their mind's eye and want to fap to it, but also not so close to an existing fantasy trope that people just identify it as a blatant rip.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Huh... that's a surprising position. You've got human girls (with regular human ears) running around with "extra" (cat) ears and they still look good. A "real" catgirl would probably look a little freaky given that she'd have no human ears.

What about dragons, demons and angels? You're basically slapping an extra pair of limbs onto an existing creature there, too, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, even among the mainstream.

Sorry, it's just... I'm imagining someone saying "Holy shit, that alien tentacle girl has legs! That's so freaky, man!" and I can't help but be amused by that!

The issue w/ four eared catgirls is that two pairs is redundant and fucks w/ known anatomy (I'm looking at you, leithans). You find no human ears weird, I find four ears weird, lazy, and unimaginative. Do you think cats look weird cuz they have no human ears? No? Then a catgirl with cat ears only shouldn't be weird cuz they aren't human. But then this just comes back around to human uncertainty w/ finding non-human things relatable (aka sexy)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The issue w/ four eared catgirls is that two pairs is redundant and fucks w/ known anatomy (I'm looking at you, leithans)
What do you mean gigantic, neon-glowing bug-ponies from space fuck with known anatomy? Check your privilege, Terran scum. 

Status
Not open for further replies.