Javascript Port?

blindarcher

Nov 23, 2017
Are there any current projects to convert CoC to javascript? I tried a search but didn't really find anything.
I noticed that the source is available on github and started translating some of it. Have the developers asked for it to not be converted?
I've played CoC and TiTS but haven't followed the community so sorry if I've commited a grave sin.
Thanks

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I know Kitteh was working on a port to HTML, but I'm unaware of a Javascript port. Considering that Chrome, at least, is coming down hard on .swf files, someone porting CoC over would probably be helpful to a lot of people. We're probably going to be doing something soon to make TiTS Chrome-compatible again in the near future.

blindarcher

Nov 23, 2017
That's good to know. How long ago did Kitteh start? Is it still active?
I'm of course bias, but I'd look into javascript as there's a lot less boiler-plate code and would probably help in the long run.
... Also I've already resorted to VMs and hypervisors just to play so html would be great ;)

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
How long ago did Kitteh start? Is it still active?
Been over a year since it was last updated (June, 6th, 2016 if you want to be precise).

Here's the thread if you want to go poking around (contains source code): CLICK ME

blindarcher

Nov 23, 2017
Neat. Too bad it seems to have tapered off.
I'll look at what they have. Unfortunately they seem to have slightly different goals than I had. I mostly wanted a one-to-one port while they've added some mods and broke some backwards compatibility. Not to mention that it's not in a single file like the flash :p

end5

Jul 5, 2017
I'm converting the original game using Typescript which complies to Javascript. Look for CoC Web in the mods section for more updates.