IS there a way to know how long a camp will last before placing it?

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
I appreciate the descriptions of the areas and in most cases I feel that works well enough in telling if a camp will last or at least i FEEL like it has. Maybe it's as simple as each zones have their own "camp durability" but I was thinking it was a per space basis since I have had some times where camps stay forever and sometimes where they're just out in a few days.

I don't figure I can put permanent camps everywhere honestly especially when getting north of the Winter City (that is what prompted this a bit) but yeah just wondering on some fo the particulars that dictate this is all I suppose.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If your camp is in one of the starting zones (Old Forest, Foothills, North Harvest Valley), it will stay there until the end of the game. If it's outside those zones, the descriptive text when you set the camp will give you a hint as to how long it will last and you can kind of guess from the region what sort of lifespan to expect. Caveat to that, there is one exception to the rule currently; a camp set up in the tower in the Glacial Rift will last forever.

Last edited:

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
If your camp is in one of the starting zones (Old Forest, Foothills, North Harvest Valley), it will stay there until the end of the game.
You mean the green tiles?