Is the 'Thwarting Master Tollus' fight supposed to have an end?

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
I've definitely gone through over 100 cultists at this point and now they just spawn with a box next to their name. Is the fight meant to be this long? When does it end?

1659414393536.png

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
There's no end to the fight. You get the best possible reward (1 x Wyldsap) after defeating at least 11 cultists, then you can flee or keep battling at your leisure.

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
Adds another to the "didn't read so went to the forum".
Its ironic that this keeps happening in a text based game. I mean you don't need both hands to read people!
Well it wasn't on the wiki and I looked everywhere for an official discord; this really was the last place I wanted to go. Don't worry, I think I'll steer clear from now on with how 'welcoming' this community seems. This'll be great motivation to not rush through any text again, cheers...

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Well it wasn't on the wiki and I looked everywhere for an official discord; this really was the last place I wanted to go. Don't worry, I think I'll steer clear from now on with how 'welcoming' this community seems. This'll be great motivation to not rush through any text again, cheers...
There is a SavinCo discord linked to in the blog posts, as well as a FenCo discord with a CoC2 channel linked here. Also if you need more help with the Winter Wolf questline, there's a wiki page with the details here.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
It may seem harsh to you but when you encounter so many posts that could be avoided if people did simple things like paying attention and reading it makes sense that some people are a bit annoyed when they encounter it for the umpteenth time. Hell its a meme at this point it happens so often. Don't take it so personally, you made a silly mistake and people called you on it, poking a bit of fun in general in the meantime. Take the L, learn from it and try not to get so butthurt.

Reactions: Animefan666

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
It may seem harsh to you but when you encounter so many posts that could be avoided if people did simple things like paying attention and reading it makes sense that some people are a bit annoyed when they encounter it for the umpteenth time. Hell its a meme at this point it happens so often. Don't take it so personally, you made a silly mistake and people called you on it, poking a bit of fun in general in the meantime. Take the L, learn from it and try not to get so butthurt.
I think you're misunderstanding how it comes across. It really drives home the whole 'neckbeard behind an anime pfp' forum stereotype. It's not that I don't understand why people are writing the responses... it's that the average person doesn't waste time typing useless messages at things they're annoyed at. Seeing that it's the norm here is pretty off-putting. I admitted my mistake, thanked the one person who was helpful, and gave people the same energy they were giving off. If you think that's what taking something personally looks like then you're about as socially unaware as they are.

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
There is a SavinCo discord linked to in the blog posts, as well as a FenCo discord with a CoC2 channel linked here. Also if you need more help with the Winter Wolf questline, there's a wiki page with the details here.
Thank you, I don't know why I had so much trouble finding the discord links. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
I think you're misunderstanding how it comes across. It really drives home the whole 'neckbeard behind an anime pfp' forum stereotype. It's not that I don't understand why people are writing the responses... it's that the average person doesn't waste time typing useless messages at things they're annoyed at. Seeing that it's the norm here is pretty off-putting. I admitted my mistake, thanked the one person who was helpful, and gave people the same energy they were giving off. If you think that's what taking something personally looks like then you're about as socially unaware as they are.
I'm not misunderstanding anything, you made a silly mistake, all of three people responded to you in a way that could be construed as negative. One was outright sarcastic to you personally, one was speaking in general because you did something we see a bunch of times, and I was also speaking in general about a trend in this game to not read shit before making posts. What I said initially was pretty tame and didn't even address you personally. Its a waste of time and its silly that people don't take the time to read in a text based game, that's all I was saying. The reason its the norm might be the fact that people keep doing it and when you see it constantly, it gets a bit hard to ignore it without occasionally pointing it out. Who knows, maybe if people saw stuff like this they would think twice about rushing through stuff and making a fool out of themselves on a public space. Doubtful but its possible. At least that was my reasoning. But you are right, next time I'm just gonna ignore stuff like this as it just isn't worth responding to. Its useless as you pointed out so I'll give you that. Also you did take things personal, you literally responded with a ''gee thanks, you guys are so nice and welcoming, I learned my lesson'' post. How is that not taking things personally? If you had a bit of self deprecation about the whole thing that would be fine, its fine to poke fun at yourself when you do a silly oversight like that. Also I love the fact that you're calling me unaware when you couldn't take two seconds out of your day to read something in a text based game that was right in front of your eyes, some of which was in bolded text. That's just a tad ironic. Oh and by the way, I know I'm a tad socially unaware, comes with the territory of having mild Asperger's so that isn't the insult you think it is. For what its worth, I'm sorry if you thought my messages were toxic or unnecessary. I didn't mean to come across as a stereotype and if I did I'm sorry. Lets just drop this now.

Last edited:

GOI

Nov 16, 2016
You are faced with an endlessly respawning group of Demon Cultists, and how you perform depends on how many cultists you're able to defeat before falling

also from the wiki page about the quest so it was on the wiki as well and they linked the very page here, as just a fun point of fact

Reactions: Animefan666

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
I'm not misunderstanding anything, you made a silly mistake, all of three people responded to you in a way that could be construed as negative. One was outright sarcastic to you personally, one was speaking in general because you did something we see a bunch of times, and I was also speaking in general about a trend in this game to not read shit before making posts. What I said initially was pretty tame and didn't even address you personally. Its a waste of time and its silly that people don't take the time to read in a text based game, that's all I was saying. The reason its the norm might be the fact that people keep doing it and when you see it constantly, it gets a bit hard to ignore it without occasionally pointing it out. Who knows, maybe if people saw stuff like this they would think twice about rushing through stuff and making a fool out of themselves on a public space. Doubtful but its possible. At least that was my reasoning. But you are right, next time I'm just gonna ignore stuff like this as it just isn't worth responding to. Its useless as you pointed out so I'll give you that. Also you did take things personal, you literally responded with a ''gee thanks, you guys are so nice and welcoming, I learned my lesson'' post. How is that not taking things personally? If you had a bit of self deprecation about the whole thing that would be fine, its fine to poke fun at yourself when you do a silly oversight like that. Also I love the fact that you're calling me unaware when you couldn't take two seconds out of your day to read something in a text based game that was right in front of your eyes, some of which was in bolded text. That's just a tad ironic. Oh and by the way, I know I'm a tad socially unaware, comes with the territory of having mild Asperger's so that isn't the insult you think it is. For what its worth, I'm sorry if you thought my messages were toxic or unnecessary. I didn't mean to come across as a stereotype and if I did I'm sorry. Lets just drop this now.
I don't think anyone has been toxic at all, just a bit too cringey for my tastes. I'd like to think that some of the people here would be a bit more personable towards a stranger with a dumb question in real life. If this did play out the same in person, I would absolutely think twice about if I'd want to interact with those people again. No one wants to put themselves in social circles they find immediately displeasurable whether it's in person or online. Sorry about your Asperger's.

Ymarah

Aug 2, 2022
You are faced with an endlessly respawning group of Demon Cultists, and how you perform depends on how many cultists you're able to defeat before falling

also from the wiki page about the quest so it was on the wiki as well and they linked the very page here, as just a fun point of fact
Deng, I can't believe I missed it on the wiki too. I would've saved myself so much trouble if I'd gone through it more carefully.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
I don't think anyone has been toxic at all, just a bit too cringey for my tastes. I'd like to think that some of the people here would be a bit more personable towards a stranger with a dumb question in real life. If this did play out the same in person, I would absolutely think twice about if I'd want to interact with those people again. No one wants to put themselves in social circles they find immediately displeasurable whether it's in person or online. Sorry about your Asperger's.
That's fair, personally I find it more cringe when people make silly mistakes like that but I see where you're coming from. Oh sure we would, but imagine if you kept getting asked the same type of dumb question by multiple people who are all making the same silly mistake. At a certain point your patience would be worn thin and you would probably be less inclined to be personable towards them, even if that person has no idea of what you've been dealing with. But I get what you mean and I agree on the basic point. I'm sorry if I seemed harsh towards you and I wish you the best in the future.

Reactions: Ymarah