Is love confession from Ryn locked behind her having high confidence?

K

Karakara

Huh, that is weird. So like, what is then plan for low confidence Ryn? Marriage and so on?

Will the team just cut their looses and remove that path?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yes, it's gated behind both high Confidence and (fairly obviously) having had sex before. You can meet both of those conditions during the quest provided that you were close enough to high-Con for your choices to push her over the threshold (you can get a maximum of +45) and by personally seeing to Ryn's needs when she's uncaged. Note that you can also lower her Confidence below the threshold by making certain choices as well.

K

Karakara

Oh no. I prefer Ryn at low confidence. Would not treat her good for the world. Well, by certain definition of good.

K

Karakara

Because the text lead me to believe so. Her sleep scenes, her over-relience on champ, people pointing out how she loves us (the way fort scene) and so on. It is a toxic relationship. I thought that was the point.

K

Karakara

I mean, I do not exactly mind if she can not confess to us. There are many ways you can differentiate the two paths.

The simplest being -- Lover path and slave path. One is where Ryn and you are equals. The other is slave path. That is more so how low confidence reads to me.

K

Karakara

Saved her kingdom and her crown. Sexed her. Saved her dick So on and so on.
It is not a love meter, it is a confidence one. It is plainly stated she loves the champ as long as in the end she gets to top the champ or they participate in a threesome. But that is just the game being weird.

K

Karakara

Saved her kingdom and her crown. Sexed her. Saved her dick So on and so on.
It is not a love meter, it is a confidence one. It is plainly stated she loves the champ as long as in the end she gets to top the champ or they participate in a threesome. But that is just the game being weird.
Well this came out wrong.

Basically, what I was implying is that the whole confession scene came out bad. So as low confidence enjoyer, I do not mind missing it as long as we do not get left out.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
What you want is basically a trauma bond (an abused person (or character in this case) having a close emotional attachment to their abuser), which you already have without her professing her love to and marrying you which, yeah, is not deserved in her low confidence path.

Her saying she loves you has to be genuine from you treating her like an equal instead of like her sister treated her. That would just feel so fake if done for both bc what have you ACTUALLY done to warrant it? Nevermind the people that will complain about it too bc I know that will happen.

K

Karakara

Yep.

But my confusion steamed from the fact that, without that confession or implications that there was one, the whole quest just felt underwhelming. Especially from relationship standpoint.

"Corrupt" players do not get any capstone to their relationship with Ryn. No declaration of our "ownership" of her, or really no clarification what we are to each other.

It just continues.

There are also problems with confession itself, but that is for people that care about Run romantically to coast over. I just pray that devs are prepared for the storm it will bring.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
I'm confused; what exactly is wrong with her confession? I've genuinely never heard a negative thing about it from anyone until now.

K

Karakara

There are numerous problems, personal and slightly less so, people have with it (F95 forums are once again having a meltdown over it), but I can tell you my main one.

Ryn acts the same.

There is no tangible difference between how Ryn views acts with the champion that they confessed to and to one that she did not. She is still head over heels with us, we can go on dates and so on. It is just that, appeerently, we will not be able to get married. I get that it would be a lot of work to rework her previous scenes, but it just takes me out of it.

Also, locking the confession behind sex scene is just silly.

K

Karakara

I think my critique basically comes to: Ryn was already a lovely dovey character that already treated our character like destined partner. So there is not much more you can push that side of her.

Which just makes her confession seem all that more superfluous.

Did I explain it well?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There are numerous problems, personal and slightly less so, people have with it (F95 forums are once again having a meltdown over it), but I can tell you my main one.
The pit of the internet losing its shit over something in this game means less than nothing.
There is no tangible difference between how Ryn views acts with the champion that they confessed to and to one that she did not.
There are <checks> twenty parser checks right now that change things if Ryn is lovers with the Champ. There's even content that can only be accessed with Lover!Ryn. That you haven't noticed this content doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
appeerently, we will not be able to get married.
...why in the name of all that is holy would you think this, or think that Ryn's content isn't going to be regularly expanded as the game continues to be developed?
Also, locking the confession behind sex scene is just silly.
Again, fundamental assumptions. If Ryn is going to be lovers with the Champ, that includes physical intimacy. If you're not sufficiently concerned with Ryn's emotional and sexual well-being to at least be there for her when she gets uncaged, what are you expecting?
Did I explain it well?
Insofar as you explained what you think the problems are, you did. I mean, your arguments are either superfluous or factually incorrect but that's another matter...

K

Karakara

It doesn't feel any different though. Sure, there is more content, but non of it feels like it would require a confession. It is just locked behind it. Ryn acts the same with few words change here and there. I think it would work better if the text was reworked in a way where she goes from:
"I love you champ!"
To
"Hi champ."
Make her seem less into champ post-rejection.

And champ was plenty of intimate before that. They can go out of their way to help her numerous times. Buying her a toy, rescuing her kingdom, giving her the crown and so on and so on. It just makes Ryn look silly. "Oh my savior, sexual partner and bedrock to my recovery did not sex me once? I do not love them."

Just silly.

PS: You know how there is a bold warning above some text boxes when they lead to a major choice? I think Run confession could have those. As stated, I did not even know that there was a confession scene that I skipped by refusing to fuck her.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
...again, you're complaining that the game doesn't make a big enough deal about the implications when the main content dependent on being lovers hasn't been written yet. Things get added to the game as they're finished and the scene where you get to upgrade your relationship was implemented before stuff like marriage and children. That's just how things work with a game in active development.
Make her seem less into champ post-rejection.
The parser is designed around Ryn either being lovers with the Champ or not. Adding a third state when you haven't changed your actual relationship status (just declined to deepen it) would be a lot of work for basically no benefit because Ryn just accepts it and you move on while keeping things the way they were before. Just because the writing could be made to account for a given variable does not mean that it should or that it would be at all a sane use of the writers' time.
And champ was plenty of intimate before that. They can go out of their way to help her numerous times. Buying her a toy, rescuing her kingdom, giving her the crown and so on and so on. It just makes Ryn look silly. "Oh my savior, sexual partner and bedrock to my recovery did not sex me once? I do not love them."
Given the sheer number of variables in the game, the writing needs some assumptions in order to actually function without spiraling out of control. If you can't be bothered to participate in Ryn's first time post-uncaging and fob her off on Cait or Arona, the writing is going to reasonably assume that you don't care about Ryn in that manner.
PS: You know how there is a bold warning above some text boxes when they lead to a major choice? I think Run confession could have those.
There are limits to how much hand-holding the devs are going to do, and warning you that choosing not to engage in content in the first place might have consequences is one of those places they've drawn a line, just like they don't explicitly warn you that ignoring Cait in the tutorial is going to end the game, because you should be able to figure that sort of thing out for yourself.

Reactions: MarcoPolo121
K

Karakara

...again, you're complaining that the game doesn't make a big enough deal about the implications when the main content dependent on being lovers hasn't been written yet. Things get added to the game as they're finished and the scene where you get to upgrade your relationship was implemented before stuff like marriage and children. That's just how things work with a game in active development
There is no difference in how Ryn acts. She loves the champ equally in pre and post confession world. Rejecting her just looses on some scenes that could work in all her pre confession content.

I basically have to go "so she is in love with me but not really?"
The parser is designed around Ryn either being lovers with the Champ or not. Adding a third state when you haven't changed your actual relationship status (just declined to deepen it) would be a lot of work for basically no benefit because Ryn just accepts it and you move on while keeping things the way they were before. Just because the writing could be made to account for a given variable does not mean that it should or that it would be at all a sane use of the writers' time.
The content with Ryn post-rejection still acts like champ is her lover. She still treats as her one true love. It is weird.

Given the sheer number of variables in the game, the writing needs some assumptions in order to actually function without spiraling out of control. If you can't be bothered to participate in Ryn's first time post-uncaging and fob her off on Cait or Arona, the writing is going to reasonably assume that you don't care about Ryn in that manner.
True, which is why the "did you sex her that one time" variable added just before her confession feels silly. It makes all prior acts of good seem pointless more then they already all.

You could remove it and simple leave in the actual important moment -- the one where she is confessing to you. Like I said, champ has done so much for Ryn, so much good, that it feels silly to devolve her affection to one time sex scene.

Hell, Arona is just happy with a hug.

In short: silly

There are limits to how much hand-holding the devs are going to do, and warning you that choosing not to engage in content in the first place might have consequences is one of those places they've drawn a line, just like they don't explicitly warn you that ignoring Cait in the tutorial is going to end the game, because you should be able to figure that sort of thing out for yourself
Cait joke ending is a quick fix. Ryns has a long term ramifications. And a lot of choices that were even more obvious had them. So I see no reason for this one not to have it.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There is no difference in how Ryn acts.
Again, you're complaining that the game doesn't reflect the choice when 1) The bulk of the content where the change is relevant hasn't been written yet, 2) There are numerous points where there are ryn.isLover checks, that they're more subtle than you're capable of noticing doesn't change this.

And as Savin's already pointed out, most of your other complaints stem from you fundamentally misunderstanding Ryn's reaction to the rejection and assuming that she thinks less of you after you tell her you just want to be friends with benefits rather than lovers, when she doesn't. Everything else is basically just talking in circles.
True, which is why the "did you sex her that one time" variable added just before her confession feels silly.
If you can't be there for her at the time when she's obviously going to want to enjoy her first time with you, why should she take the final step of wanting to be lovers with you? You really seem to want Ryn to give you everything while not giving her anything in return...
Hell, Arona is just happy with a hug.
Arona is very different character and hasn't, y'know, had her dick locked up for decades. I think you're severely overlooking the degree to which the moment is special to Ryn.

K

Karakara

she's not, tho
Yep. Which is weird is my point. She is still madly in love with us yet the only difference is she doesn't want to marry us and locking out some scene. It led to me believing that I did not miss anything since Ryn acts pretty much the same to the champion that is and is not her lover.
You really seem to want Ryn to give you everything while not giving her anything in return...
Her kingdom? Saved
Her first time? Did it
Saved her kingdom: second addition? Sweet beepy I did
Gone with her on a date? Accomplished
Bought her a teddy bear? A simple act really
Spent a Christmas ball with her? Lovely time
Build her up in a more confident women? Yes
Brought her sister to justice? Oh baby!

Did I fuck her that one time? No...
"Well damn my love, my lovely love, the only person I will ever truly love; I do not love you." Says Ryn, the champion obsessed Queen.

You and the game are the ones that are putting to much emphasis on that moment. I get where it is coming from, first time do be important. But compiling how champ feels about the Queen into that one single moment is, once again, silly.

Player can also still reject Ryn after taking her first time. So like, do those players care more about Ryn then the ones that do not? Silly.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Did I fuck her that one time? No...
"Well damn my love, my lovely love, the only person I will ever truly love; I do not love you." Says Ryn, the champion obsessed Queen.
It's entirely possible that a safety net second confession will materialize at some later point in development.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Ngl, I see where my man K is coming from, low-confidence Ryn is underwhelming especially if you are Corrupt. The fact your character doesn't do anything with her when we finish the raid is weird. I can understand if she doesn't initiate things because of "low confidence" but we are the dom and we canonically like Ryn or else we wouldn't be doing any of that stuff for her. I don't see why there isn't just a scene where we tell that we're going to fuck her into El (or even better into Arona) /pop her cherry, then tell her that we love her despite how toxic we are. Toxicity can be like that sometimes.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
What you want is basically a trauma bond (an abused person (or character in this case) having a close emotional attachment to their abuser), which you already have without her professing her love to and marrying you which, yeah, is not deserved in her low confidence path.

Her saying she loves you has to be genuine from you treating her like an equal instead of like her sister treated her. That would just feel so fake if done for both bc what have you ACTUALLY done to warrant it? Nevermind the people that will complain about it too bc I know that will happen.
trust me when I say that there are ppl who are into relationships that are toxic asf n still love this person despite how they act. It isn't healthy based on tradition n studies but ppl are interesting like that.
And if we're bringing up her past relations she's only known familial love from her sister since both her parents died early in her life so her only understanding of love comes in an abusive BDSM setting with only sparse companionship from her tutors and guards, and maybe what she sees when sneaks out during the nights. So the champ doing that but giving her more affection (as written in multiple scenes) and act would mark us up as more desirable if not downright her prince charming.

K

Karakara

It's entirely possible that a safety net second confession will materialize at some later point in development.
Well that will make certain subset of people pleased.

Ngl, I see where my man K is coming from, low-confidence Ryn is underwhelming especially if you are Corrupt. The fact your character doesn't do anything with her when we finish the raid is weird. I can understand if she doesn't initiate things because of "low confidence" but we are the dom and we canonically like Ryn or else we wouldn't be doing any of that stuff for her. I don't see why there isn't just a scene where we tell that we're going to fuck her into El (or even better into Arona) /pop her cherry, then tell her that we love her despite how toxic we are. Toxicity can be like that sometimes.
Yeah, low con Ryn is slightly underwhelming. And the quest certainly seemed to push the idea that we should have high confidence Ryn. I do not remember, are you even able to finish that quest without her becoming more sure in herself?

But if the second confession comes to fruition: I hope there is one where champion takes the lead and confesses their love/ownership of the queen. And maybe some more degrading scenes that come with it. Personally would like to see some dick humiliation play, sword fighting and to have both her and Arona go down on our dick. That last is just general wish, but I do love the idea of our subs working together to please us -- their master.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Well that will make certain subset of people pleased.

Yeah, low con Ryn is slightly underwhelming. And the quest certainly seemed to push the idea that we should have high confidence Ryn. I do not remember, are you even able to finish that quest without her becoming more sure in herself?

But if the second confession comes to fruition: I hope there is one where champion takes the lead and confesses their love/ownership of the queen. And maybe some more degrading scenes that come with it. Personally would like to see some dick humiliation play, sword fighting and to have both her and Arona go down on our dick. That last is just general wish, but I do love the idea of our subs working together to please us -- their master.
FACTS, Imo PC being Dom content is lacking and what's there is softcore at best or more geared to dickgirls and women.