Is Fan of Knives a ranged Cleave?

Tlatchga

Jan 9, 2018
It seems like the Fan of Knives power from the Ninja Stylin' sidequest is a ranged Cleave, but sometimes it targets all targets twice, and I'm also unsure if it deals weapon damage (so if it benefits from multi-type damage from your equipped weapon such as the piercing/holy from the Sanctified Gladius, or from additional weapon damage buffs like Song of Storms). I've tried testing this, and I THINK the damage is unaffected by neither equipped weapon nor weapon enchantments, but it might also just be me parsing my testing badly. Thanks for any input!

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
You really just have to pay attention to the tags. Most weapon attacks will have the [melee], [ranged], or [spell] tags to denote which one they are. Attacks that don't have any of those but do have the [weapon] tag refer to the weapon type whether it's ranged or melee. Attacks without the [weapon] do not receive any benefits from your weapon and those attacks that don't have any tags are considered neither melee or ranged. Finally buffs like song of storms and charge weapon apply directly to the weapon you're using and do not benefit any attack that is not a weapon attack.

edit: Slight correction. non weapon attacks can get some benefit from the weapon such as spell power, spell pen. , armor pen. , sexiness ect. however they don't receive any additional damage from the weapon, and unless the attack is a spell and the weapon is a catalyst it doesn't get any additional acc. or crit. chance from it either.

Last edited:

Tlatchga

Jan 9, 2018
You really just have to pay attention to the tags. Most weapon attacks will have the [melee], [ranged], or [spell] tags to denote which one they are. Attacks that don't have any of those but do have the [weapon] tag refer to the weapon type whether it's ranged or melee. Attacks without the [weapon] do not receive any benefits from your weapon and those attacks that don't have any tags are considered neither melee or ranged. Finally buffs like song of storms and charge weapon apply directly to the weapon you're using and do not benefit any attack that is not a weapon attack.

edit: Slight correction. non weapon attacks can get some benefit from the weapon such as spell power, spell pen. , armor pen. , sexiness ect. however they don't receive any additional damage from the weapon, and unless the attack is a spell and the weapon is a catalyst it doesn't get any additional acc. or crit. chance from it either.
thanks!