Is Dragon Evelyn Too Hard?

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
It is getting irksome where Evelyn reaches a point in the spars where she just kills your party, BEFORE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

Still, I stand by my choice of who gets the dragon power. That being said, the difficulty spike is just too high compared to the previous builds that while difficult is still doable. Now I have to get lucky that RNG doesn't just Dragon Breath or Lunge at the first opportunity. What do you guys think?

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
That's...that's the entire point of sparring with her, yes. That said, I do wish there was a way to reset her strength.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Don't worry everyone, I'm sure once Balak hears that the dragon Evelyn fight is too hard he will rush to undo the buffs he added to the fight.

• Haha
Reactions: Malidica

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
So far, I found one strategy that works thankfully. Even then you need to be reaaally lucky Evelyn doesn't kill you first. Basically using all three ultimates of Agni's Solar Cannon, Brint/Brienne's By The Horns, and Champion's Assassinate.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
Ev is weak to crushing, if you haven't tried that. Ironically Ashe works pretty well on her. Did she get stronger after you beat her this time?

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Ev is weak to crushing, if you haven't tried that. Ironically Ashe works pretty well on her. Did she get stronger after you beat her this time?
Used Mastbreaker/Cloudforger to maximize the crush damage value, using Assassinate. I think I hit the ceiling for this build where her HP is at 940 onwards. Since I got lucky and beat her last time. Her having High Armor with Health Regen on top of it is nuts.

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
Just use dawnsword at will power and you become immune against every attack she uses except the breath, but she can only use it once so if you survive it you won the battle.

Reactions: Firangi and Endwar

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Just use dawnsword at will power and you become immune against every attack she uses except the breath, but she can only use it once so if you survive it you won the battle.
That ..sounds incedibly cheap and will probably be patched soon..

Reactions: Endwar

Ulfr

May 10, 2022
Wayfort Castle
You can kill her alone actually but its too damn long battle. She keeps healing my damage and I can't equip my Kunai since I need to dual wield the Dawnsword and Wings of Asira for Deflection and Disarm Immunity. If we're going to get more enemies with heal/turn perks then I think they should give us more power/item/debuff that lessen/stop the heals

Reactions: Sacremas

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
If we're going to get more enemies with heal/turn perks then I think they should give us more power/item/debuff that lessen/stop the heals

Well, I'd say the problem is more with her ungodly defensive stats (primarily Evasion, but her Magic Resist is also a very annoying thing) than those +47 health per turn.
Dragon.jpg
Honestly, when I saw at what level the limit of her stat was, I immediately thought that she was a worthy rival of Kassyra.

Kassyra_3.jpg

But still, with her attributes around 60+ (Strength 68, Agility 65, Willpower 59, Cunning 61, I'm not sure about Toughness and Presence) she is quite clearly actually a level TWENTIE character.
I believe that Evelyn in her full glory is meant to be a worthy sparring partner for a level 10 party, so it's not surprising that a level 7 party might have trouble winning this fight in general and a quick win in particular...

For players having TOO big problems with Evelyn, I recommend to pay attention to such an item as a Wooden Rod and to a power called the Sure Shot. Using this as a base, I created a build that performs well against Evelyn and wins in about 7 rounds.
However, it is worth noting that the time to victory increases with a large number of misses from companions...

Update. I replaced the screenshot of Kassyra's stats as it was an allied Kassyra with her offensive stats being 50 above normal thanks to my Presence.

Last edited:

Ulfr

May 10, 2022
Wayfort Castle
Well, I'd say the problem is more with her ungodly defensive stats (primarily Evasion, but her Magic Resist is also a very annoying thing) than those +47 health per turn.
View attachment 30616
Honestly, when I saw at what level the limit of her stat was, I immediately thought that she was a worthy rival of Kassyra.

But still, with her attributes around 60+ (Strength 68, Agility 65, Willpower 59, Cunning 61, I'm not sure about Toughness and Presence) she is quite clearly actually a level TWENTIE character.
I believe that Evelyn in her full glory is meant to be a worthy sparring partner for a level 10 party, so it's not surprising that a level 7 party might have trouble winning this fight in general and a quick win in particular...

For players having TOO big problems with Evelyn, I recommend to pay attention to such an item as a Wooden Rod and to a power called the Sure Shot. Using this as a base, I created a build that performs well against Evelyn and wins in about 7 rounds.
However, it is worth noting that the time to victory increases with a large number of misses from companions...
I rather fight high defense enemies than those who uses heal

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
I rather fight high defense enemies than those who uses heal

I'd rather fight an opponent that regenerates twice as fast (Mad Psion) than someone armored like Lureling or almost unhittable like Evelyn.
However, as I said before, there is nothing special about her ability to regenerate, "just" her level is about three times higher than the currently available cap...